Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Did your salary go up?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 8:52 pm
With rising inflation, has your salary gone up? Which profession/ industry do you work in?

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 8:54 pm
Yes.
Manufacturing.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 8:55 pm
No it has not gone up and very very rarely does

I'm a speech therapist

DH's salary has not gone up either and we are really struggling

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:00 pm
DH works in high tech and has not gotten any raises or cost of living increases since he started this position 3 years ago. (and don't tell me he needs to find a new job..BTDT).

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With rising inflation, has your salary gone up? Which profession/ industry do you work in?

No. Im a nurse in a subacute rehab/nursing home

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:04 pm
No, everything is going up in price besides for salaries.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:10 pm
No, I'm a PA in a hospital

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:11 pm
No. I work for the department of education. Most people's salaries have not gone up in accordance with the inflation. How people continue to praise Biden is beyond me...

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:13 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
DH works in high tech and has not gotten any raises or cost of living increases since he started this position 3 years ago. (and don't tell me he needs to find a new job..BTDT).

I'm so sorry Sad my dh hadn't gotten a raise in over a year and a half and started with a paycut with the hope that since it was a startup salary would go up. well he finally realized that he probably didn't have a future at this company, gave in his resignation and realized just how true that was. he had realized recently that his co-workers who were supposed to be his "equals" were both making significantly more then him.

a lot came out after the resignation and even though the company offered to bump his salary they wouldn't bump it enough to make it worth stay. he put on that he was available on linked in and get so recruiters within the first half a days, he was pretty shocked. I won't tell you he needs to get a new job but please let him know that the market is incredibly desperate right now for tech people and the salaries have really increase.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:14 pm
In the past two years, yes, a lot.

Teaching in a frum school.

And part of the raise was an across-the-board percentage raise. Part of it is that due to the Great Resignation affecting teachers especially, the administration keeps on offering me more work to do.

Add the stimuluses and the child tax credits, and my money in the past two years has increased significantly more than inflation.

But without more government aid and with inflation still going, unclear how much longer that will hold. Although I would not be surprised if work gave another raise this spring.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:18 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:

And part of the raise was an across-the-board percentage raise. Part of it is that due to the Great Resignation affecting teachers especially, the administration keeps on offering me more work to do.

Add the stimuluses and the child tax credits, and my money in the past two years has increased significantly more than inflation.

But without more government aid and with inflation still going, unclear how much longer that will hold. Although I would not be surprised if work gave another raise this spring.

Can you share where you are located? I understand you do not want to name the school

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:21 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Can you share where you are located? I understand you do not want to name the school

New York.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:28 pm
I always got paid low bec I work in tech remote and it was seen as a perk.
After covid I was able to argue that remote work is no longer a perk.
BH I think I’m now being paid much more to standard.
I think also companies are having a hard time finding good hires so they didn’t want me to go.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:32 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
I always got paid low bec I work in tech remote and it was seen as a perk.
After covid I was able to argue that remote work is no longer a perk.
BH I think I’m now being paid much more to standard.
I think also companies are having a hard time finding good hires so they didn’t want me to go.

yes! this. my husband's current company also tried to tell him that he gets to work remote and he looked at the owner like she was nuts- uhm most people can work remotely now. companies are definitely having a hard time finding good hires.

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:35 pm
I got a raise. Im a recruiter. I didnt get one in 2020 or 2021 even though my boss wanted to. Just didnt have the cash flow.

mha3484

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:38 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
No. Im a nurse in a subacute rehab/nursing home

I have a client paying floor nurses $45 an hour they are so desperate. Its unheard of in my city. A year ago nurses made $34-$38 an hour. This is in Skilled Nursing.

qwerty4

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:39 pm
I think salaries went up for those negotiating, I.e. when taking a new job. Existing positions are less likely to increase according to the market.

amother
Kiwi

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:41 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:

I too teach in a frum school in NY and have not been raised proportionately. The price hikes only became obvious here in the summer and then YT time, but by that time, my contract was signed and my rate settled. But you can bet your bottom dollar that next year it's either a significant raise or I leave.

I don't count stimuluses and child tax credits as salary increases, sorry.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:55 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have a client paying floor nurses $45 an hour they are so desperate. Its unheard of in my city. A year ago nurses made $34-$38 an hour. This is in Skilled Nursing.

I'm sorry this is a joke. Travel nurses are make over 100 an hour. For incentive they're paying 25,50,75 extra an hour but still keeping everyone at the same base salary of 40ish/hr? They need to raise all the nurses significantly to create a more stable environment where nurses feel appreciated and fairly compensated and STAY at their job.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 9:57 pm
amother [ Kiwi ] wrote:
I too teach in a frum school in NY and have not been raised proportionately. The price hikes only became obvious here in the summer and then YT time, but by that time, my contract was signed and my rate settled. But you can bet your bottom dollar that next year it's either a significant raise or I leave.

I don't count stimuluses and child tax credits as salary increases, sorry.

Where will you leave to that will pay you more?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics