Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Israel to US Corona Requirements

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 4:40 am
I have a relative visiting me in Israel now from the US. Last time she came was like 6 months ago. She had to get a PCR test before going back to the US- I don't know if the airline required it, or Israel, or the US. She is only a US citizen. Now I can't figure out what she needs. Does anyone know what a US citizen needs to do now to get from Israel to the US on El Al? (She is triple-vaccinated)

I saw something about a test being required by the US, but an antigen/instant test is enough. Is that true? How would she show/prove the results?

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 6:05 am
Looks like an antigen test is what's needed. Probably safest not to do a home test, but to work with an approved place.

Here are some English speaking options for travekers: http://www.emacare.com/antigen

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 6:38 am
Antigen is enough, an official one, but it has to be done the day before or of the flight. A PCR can be done three days before.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 7:01 am
Thank you both! I didn't realize antigen tests could be official. I thought it meant a home test. Good to know. Are the results of official antigen tests instant, like the home ones? I saw that some places have "quick tests" that give results in 4 hours. Is that antigen or something else? There is no testing where I live, so I'm wondering if my relative could take a test somewhere on her way to the airport, meaning she'd need instant results. Does that exist, or the 4 hours is the minimum I'll find for official tests?

doctorima

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 10:30 am
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
Antigen is enough, an official one, but it has to be done the day before or of the flight. A PCR can be done three days before.

PCR must be done the day of travel or the day before. Earlier than that will not be accepted, regardless of vaccination status.

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 11:03 am
I just flew from Israel to the US this week. I went to United Hatzala and had a rapid antigen test done the morning of my flight. They emailed me the results within 20 minutes and all I printed out their form and showed it when I checked in at the airport. I think it costs around 60 shekel since I don't have Israeli health insurance. I'm sure there are other places people go for official tests as well.

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 11:12 am
If I’m an American traveling to Israel, do I need to be vaccinated in order to come back to the USA?

chanchy123

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 11:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you both! I didn't realize antigen tests could be official. I thought it meant a home test. Good to know. Are the results of official antigen tests instant, like the home ones? I saw that some places have "quick tests" that give results in 4 hours. Is that antigen or something else? There is no testing where I live, so I'm wondering if my relative could take a test somewhere on her way to the airport, meaning she'd need instant results. Does that exist, or the 4 hours is the minimum I'll find for official tests?

Just Google בדיקות אנטיגן מוסדיות there should be plenty all all over. Some pharmacies have them as well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 11:48 am
doctorima wrote:
PCR must be done the day of travel or the day before. Earlier than that will not be accepted, regardless of vaccination status.

How can that be? The results take 24 hours to come...

The flight is Tuesday night after midnight, so Wednesday morning. If we go for a PCR test Monday morning, that should work, no?

Mollie

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 12:47 pm
doctorima wrote:

Doesn’t need to be PCR

boysrus

Post Wed, Mar 02 2022, 1:09 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
If I’m an American traveling to Israel, do I need to be vaccinated in order to come back to the USA?

no. because you are american
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions