Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Flying with 15 months old twins
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:29 am
I'll be flying with my twins on an eight hour flight going against my time. I will be leaving at 5.30 arriving at 9 which is 2 am back at home. Plus we have three older ones the oldest 7. Any tips for flying with active twins and help with jet lag.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:30 am
Are you getting seats for them?

I personally find that age to be the hardest. Early walker so they don’t like to sit. Plus can’t be distracted by screens. And baby jet lag is absolutely awful.

No words of wisdom other than best of luck

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:33 am
GOOD LUCK!!! You are very brave.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:33 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
Are you getting seats for them?

I personally find that age to be the hardest. Early walker so they don’t like to sit. Plus can’t be distracted by screens. And baby jet lag is absolutely awful.

No words of wisdom other than best of luck

I hope they will give us bassinets, ticket prices are murder

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

15 month old will almost certainly NOT fit in bassinets. We’re you told otherwise?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Don't count on it, I think they may be too old for a bassinet. It certainly wouldn't be comfortable for them. You should really get them seats if you want the flight to go as smooth as possible.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:49 am
Sleeping pills are a must!

Frequent travelers use it. Toddlers who don’t understand, it’s a must. They will be happier and function better.

You will function better too!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:55 am
When I traveled with another child that age they gave us a baby chair on the bassinet area

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:56 am
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
Sleeping pills are a must!

Frequent travelers use it. Toddlers who don’t understand, it’s a must. They will be happier and function better.

You will function better too!

Omg what kind of sleeping pills do u give babies???

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 8:58 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
Omg what kind of sleeping pills do u give babies???

I have heard of Melo chews

mfb

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 9:07 am
Melatonin.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 9:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have heard of Melo chews

Melatonin is not the same thing as sleeping pills

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 9:41 am
Ask your doctor

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 9:48 am
I have given melowchews to babies as young as 9 months for flying as a one off I don't think it does any harm. It was a lifesaver, I take them myself too when I fly.

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 10:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When I traveled with another child that age they gave us a baby chair on the bassinet area

Do you have the bulkhead seats? Sometimes you need to purchase them and there is a cost. They also might only have brackets for one bassinet so I would not rely on this as a plan.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 10:18 am
Lol only nay sayers any hopes I will survive this flight Confused Any jet lag tips?

Fave

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 10:25 am
You will survive, expect the worst and hope for the best.

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 10:30 am
I have 14 month old twins and I have no intention of flying anywhere for a long time!! But plenty of twin moms have done it. The only thing I would tell you is that you should definitely not rely on the airline giving you bassinets, especially cuz I think 15 months is way too old. So you need plan B now in advance! If it were me flying with my twins I’d figure out a way to get them their own seats and bring their car seats on board..
Good luck!

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 10:35 am
Are you flying with another adult? I’m assuming you are because you can have only one lap infant per adult. Between the two of you you’ll try your best. You can put cotton balls in the ears or pacifier and bottle. Food is also a distraction. You can have them walk in the aisles a bit to stretch their legs if there is no turbulence

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 12:05 pm
Don't expect bassinets. I once flew with a kid a little older than they allow and they have me a bassinet too, but sometimes they said no, or they have those seats to ppl with younger babies who qualified for the bassinets.

Call the airline. Find out the age of weight limit on the bassinets so you can be emotionally prpeared.

Expect the kids On your laps (yes, like pp said, assume you're going with someone because only one lap baby per person)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more