Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Flying with 15 months old twins
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 12:06 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
Are you flying with another adult? I’m assuming you are because you can have only one lap infant per adult. Between the two of you you’ll try your best. You can put cotton balls in the ears or pacifier and bottle. Food is also a distraction. You can have them walk in the aisles a bit to stretch their legs if there is no turbulence

Agree with everything, just confused about cotton balls in ears (????)

Have the babies nurse or drink bottles or suck pacis during tak off and landing to help with their ears and air pressure

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 3:06 pm
Thanks for the tips, I guess the bassinets are off the table. I presume the flight will be packed BC it's erev Yom tov.

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 3:49 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Agree with everything, just confused about cotton balls in ears (????)

Have the babies nurse or drink bottles or suck pacis during tak off and landing to help with their ears and air pressure

Cotton balls like ear plugs or just massaging the ear/jaws to relieve pressure.

Also bring along a change of clothes for both twins. On one flight I was not allowed to get up and change my baby and from all the moving around I needed to change baby from head to toe.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 5:22 pm
Twin mom here.
It’s doable but can be hard. Just don’t have any expectations of sleeping/relaxing and then you won’t be disappointed:)
Had seats (with car seats!!!!) for them. But DH and I had to split up bc they don’t let two infants in the same row due to oxygen masks.
Gave bottles during take off. Brought some books, individually packaged snacks, etc and had them stay in their car seat while we entertained them. At some point, gave some melatonin (asked doctor for exact amount to give; it’s also the only time b’n I ever give), some dinner, bottle and ‘sleep’. We bought canopy’s for the car seat so that we can drape over a blanket for it to get dark for them. Lmk if you want the link.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 6:21 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
Twin mom here.
It’s doable but can be hard. Just don’t have any expectations of sleeping/relaxing and then you won’t be disappointed:)
Had seats (with car seats!!!!) for them. But DH and I had to split up bc they don’t let two infants in the same row due to oxygen masks.
Gave bottles during take off. Brought some books, individually packaged snacks, etc and had them stay in their car seat while we entertained them. At some point, gave some melatonin (asked doctor for exact amount to give; it’s also the only time b’n I ever give), some dinner, bottle and ‘sleep’. We bought canopy’s for the car seat so that we can drape over a blanket for it to get dark for them. Lmk if you want the link.

Great tips, thanks.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 9:15 pm
I actually just flew with my (then 15 month) twins a few months ago.
But I had seats (and carseats) for them.
Can't help you much in terms of jet lag but in terms of entertainment:
A lot of snacks, books, bring magazines they can look at and rip up, my kids like those pop its so that kept them busy in the seat.
Its a hard age because they are so active, they don't do a lot of sitting in general so hard to think of stationary entertainment.
Most of your flight is the night, so hopefully they will fall asleep some way, somehow.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 10:46 pm
Winterberry, can you please post a link for the car seat canopy?

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 10:52 pm
If you've never given melatonin I would not do it for the first time on a plane. One of my kids did not react well to it and woke up crying a lot throughout the night.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Mar 03 2022, 10:58 pm
GDOOL Sun Shade for Strollers and... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S.....share

We attached those to the car seats and then draped a blanket over it. We also bought started to attach the car seats to carry one suitcases so that we can wheel them through the airport
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more