Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Metrocard expired with funds on it but MTA doesn't want to

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 2:38 pm
return the money because more than 2 years after it expired and they say you can't get it if it's more than 2 years. I don't think there is anything on the card that says that. Anything I can do?

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 2:39 pm
This happened to me too. Disappointing. Hakol beyedei shamayim

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 3:17 pm
There is a place you can send them to get the $$. I do not know where that is, because I've been too busy to google, but they will return it to you

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 04 2022, 5:28 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
There is a place you can send them to get the $$. I do not know where that is, because I've been too busy to google, but they will return it to you
that's what I did and they sent a letter back saying there's no money, but there definitely money on it because I checked at a train station and they said that if it's more than 2 years they don't return.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 8:24 pm
Because of Covid they now allow you to transfer the funds onto a new card.
At the self serve options at the MTA stations there is now an option to transfer funds from an expired card onto a new card.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 9:21 pm
you can try at a machine in the stationbut they have been weird about refunding for years now

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 05 2022, 11:15 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Because of Covid they now allow you to transfer the funds onto a new card.
At the self serve options at the MTA stations there is now an option to transfer funds from an expired card onto a new card.
the person in the station said to mail it back because it's expired for more than 2 years and now they mta has my card. The station person said she couldn't do it because it's over 2 years but she also didn't tell us that we can't get money back. So MTA is stealing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries