Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Professional Organizer
Previous  1  2

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 12:12 am
Fabulous wrote:
It was a lot of toys but yes when I heard 50 an hour, I didn’t expect it to be so much at the end

Was the main expense the containers?

Personally I’ve started following a few organizers on Instagram and implementing things they show. There is tons of information.
But the number of bins used is mind blowing and would cost me a small fortune.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 12:18 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Worth every penny. They charge different rates. I upkept some, but learned things I did not know which helps too. But go for it, you will not regret it at all. Very well spent.

I used one a few years back to clean my kids' rooms. She charged about $300 per room and spent several hours over a two day period per room. One day was a purge, the next day was about organizing what remained.

I could have done this myself with my kids but they just had so much garbage stuffed into every drawer and cabinet and corner and they got so emotional when I tried to get rid of stuff - stupid stuff like pieces of string and old school papers or games that were missing so many pieces they were no longer usable. Having a professional come in took away all the emotion and drama and got the job done. No regrets.

Did the kids keep it up? Not quite as I hoped - but it's not even close to the disaster it used to be and it's been about 3 years now.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 12:22 am
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
What exactly do they do?
They throw out everything they can and give you lots of containers.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 1:07 am
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:

Personally I’ve started following a few organizers on Instagram and implementing things they show. There is tons of information.

They were primarily toy containers and we were able to buy in bulk and she had some great ideas for the games (some of them) but not for others like crafts. I would say it was about 60/40 or even 65/35 of labor to containers

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 2:12 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Thanks! Do you have her contact info?

Rachel Katz- 718.314.2579

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:07 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:

Can you tell me who you follow please?

metacognizant

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:44 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Rachel Katz is amazing and very reasonable. She is located in Brooklyn.

I was happy with her because she is very practical, had some brilliant tactics that made some of my "complicated" things easy to organize. Basically, her work is maintainable which is why I like her.

I wanted to give another plug for Ruchie Katz. She came and helped organize a very messy office— we did it in 5 hours, she was a whirlwind of activity the whole time. She was able to convince my husband to go along with the process which was the hardest part. At the end of the process we eliminated about 60% of the stuff by volume and the rest was organized in a very clear way. I felt her hourly rate was reasonable for a professional working so quickly. And she was very nice to talk to. I would recommend!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 6:46 pm
metacognizant wrote:
I wanted to give another plug for Ruchie Katz. She came and helped organize a very messy office— we did it in 5 hours, she was a whirlwind of activity the whole time. She was able to convince my husband to go along with the process which was the hardest part. At the end of the process we eliminated about 60% of the stuff by volume and the rest was organized in a very clear way. I felt her hourly rate was reasonable for a professional working so quickly. And she was very nice to talk to. I would recommend!!

What is her hourly rate?

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, May 30 2022, 7:28 pm
Anyone have a good organizer in Monsey?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 29 2023, 3:24 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
Rachel Katz- 718.314.2579

Hi! I'm looking to hire a professional organizer and I'm curious to hear how things have held up for you. Is it still maintain-able?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics