Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help me redesign my ring setting

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 2:30 pm
I would like to reset my engagement ring but I'm clueless about jewelry styles. I'd like something classic, not flashy, that preferably won't go out of style. My stone is just less than a carat. I've looked at lots of websites to get ideas but because I'm clueless about fashion I have no idea what's considered timeless and what will be out of style next year.
Links would be very helpful. Thanks!

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 2:32 pm
Halo with side stones will make your diamond look bigger

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 2:33 pm
I reset my 1 carat round diamond into a square setting with fishtail prongs. It makes the diamond look so much larger. Plus a thin baguette on each side.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 2:35 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
Halo with side stones will make your diamond look bigger

I had a halo setting and it actually made my diamond look smaller. The diamonds around sort of crowded out the main diamond.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 2:36 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I had a halo setting and it actually made my diamond look smaller. The diamonds around sort of crowded out the main diamond.

I guess it depends the size of the diamond and the size of the halo diamonds, and if it's a low setting or high setting. A higher setting will typically make it look larger.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 2:43 pm
I don’t know what style you like, do you prefer simple or a more complex design, I like a simple setting, I chose my engagement ring to be a trilogy setting which has a large stone in the middle which is flanked by one smaller stone on each side, I love it and I think that the small diamonds make the middle one look bigger.
ETA the big stone is set quite high and the side stones are much lower.

Mermaidinexile

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 3:11 pm
Not a fan of halo settings. I have my just-under-a-carat in a 4 pronged setting on a simple gold band with an "invisible " hale which is a teeny tiny ring of diamonds under the stone.

I wear it between two infinity bands- also with very small diamonds. Its beautiful but very simple.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 8:02 pm
Thanks for the replies. I definitely have some ideas to work with now. I should clarify that my taste is more simple. Right now my diamond is set high and I want something set lower so that the diamond doesn't look so big.
Ive done a lot of googling based on the replies and have some ideas. If anyone can post some links as well I'd appreciate it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 8:03 pm
Mermaidinexile wrote:
Not a fan of halo settings. I have my just-under-a-carat in a 4 pronged setting on a simple gold band with an "invisible " hale which is a teeny tiny ring of diamonds under the stone.

I wear it between two infinity bands- also with very small diamonds. Its beautiful but very simple.

This sounds like my taste. Do you have any pictures/links?

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 8:05 pm
Mine looks like this (it was 1/5 of the price though!) with just a plain band, no diamonds on it. So just the center diamond and two same shaped side baguettes. (All princess shaped)

https://www.bluenile.com/build.....m=pla

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 3:00 pm
https://www.moissaniteco.com/m.....-ring
These are fishtail prongs.

I have it with baguettes like this
https://eragem.com/wm14016.html

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 3:29 pm
Who are you using to create your new ring?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 3:39 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
Who are you using to create your new ring?

I live oot so chances are that you won't be using the same jeweler. I'm looking at a couple of jewelers and once I decide on the style, I'll get quotes and make a decision.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 5:17 pm
Has anyone in NY customized their ring setting and can recommend an excellent jeweler?

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 5:38 pm
I’m actually getting now a new ring ( bec it got lost). I plan to get a solitaire setting. I actually like the high setting. Why wouldn’t u want ur diamond to look big?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 6:07 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
https://www.moissaniteco.com/m.....-ring
These are fishtail prongs.

I have it with baguettes like this
https://eragem.com/wm14016.html

Hey I have the same as yours. Mine is a bit different (prongs r diff and color) but cool to see someone has the same as me. I love my ring.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 6:17 pm
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
Hey I have the same as yours. Mine is a bit different (prongs r diff and color) but cool to see someone has the same as me. I love my ring.

I love mine too. Smile

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 6:26 pm
I love my ring and I get tons of compliments on it.
It's a pear (1 CT) with a halo, band has a 3-row micro-pave. It has some other fun stuff that I put in (like sapphires underneath the main diamond, and it's set in yellow gold which I love) but this is the basic look: very classic timeless.

https://www.flawlessmoissanite.....w_wcB
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics