Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My baby miserable from Eczema please help
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 9:23 pm
My baby face is red and oozing . She’s in antibiotics for it being infected; it’s going on for weeks. I was using mupirocin and Vaseline. Now useing eucerin and tried hydrocortisone. Anyone have experience and can help me relieve my child’s pain and itchiness. All nights she’s scratching and crying .
Don’t respond to do allergy testing that was done and she’s on a special formula but so far no change. I even see her back has some hives and stomach ezczema . I end up giving Benadryl in middle of the night but this isn’t normal

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 9:42 pm
Oozing doesn't necessarily mean infected. Is the ooze thick, white/yellow/brown? That would be a sign of infection. Thin, straw-colored or clear liquid is called serrous exudate and isn't infection. It's the skin leaking fluid because the skin is so damaged. It is a great breeding ground for infection though. Try Domeboro or Burrow's solution to dry up the ooze. I think you need to use one packet per 16 oz, if I recall correctly. Make a compress and it will stop the oozing. Then wash with warm water and moisturize.

Please get her on a good moisturizer. I like Eucerin Original Healing Cream. (That specific one! Not the other types). It only has 7 ingredients, is mild, and is from a huge company so you can rest assured that the ingredients on the label are the only things in it. The first time you use it, put it on right after a very warm bath. You can also put some Balmex on. It contains zinc, which is a natural antiflammatory. You don't need a thick layer; she doesn't have to turn white.

Benadryl is fine, according to my doctors, as long as you don't overdose. You can also try Atarax (hydroxyzine) with a prescription. It is an antihistamine that works better for some.

Please be careful with the steroid. I know far too many people with steroid damage. There is a safe way to use it an unsafe ways, and most doctors use it far too leniently. It is a very powerful hormone.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 9:46 pm
Binah magazine just had an article on this.... featured a family with a baby who had a really really bad case and how the parents managed it. It also gave the details of a frum organization devoted to helping children with eczema. I don't remember the name, but if you contact Binah I'm sure they can give you the contact info.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 9:50 pm
Not sure where you're located but there's an acupuncturist in Brooklyn who has helped many with eczema.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 9:53 pm
Thank you for all your detailed responses . Does anyone have that binah and can post the info.
I wish I knew I would’ve bought it. An acupuncturist for a baby with Exzcema ?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 9:55 pm
Unfortunately I recycled the Binah. But it was just from last week (read it yesterday on Shabbos afternoon) so your local store may still have copies.

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 9:57 pm
Chiming in: There are many accupuncturists who "help" with eczema. They usually give Chinese creams which contain super potent steroids. People clear magically... and then look like burn victims when they stop using the creams.

Please very cautious.

The same goes for organizations that take people and smear them with steroids.

OP, I suffered terribly from Red Skin Sydrome/Topical Steroid Withdrawal, and trust me, eczema is a walk in the park compared to the much-worse, human-inflicted condition of steroid damage. Please be very, very careful.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 9:58 pm
A relative of mine bought a product like this for her baby, they were incredibly helpful. Get a few of them, put on daily/nightly underneath clothing so that baby cannot pull off. (Don't listen to anyone who says it will impact their mobility. Baby will be fine. Just do what you need to do. Heart )

https://www.amazon.com/Scratch.....?th=1

https://www.eczemacompany.com/.....D_BwE

https://www.scratchsleeves.co......D_BwE

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:50 pm
Organization is Kumi Uri for eczema.
Don't know contact info.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:52 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
A relative of mine bought a product like this for her baby, they were incredibly helpful. Get a few of them, put on daily/nightly underneath clothing so that baby cannot pull off. (Don't listen to anyone who says it will impact their mobility. Baby will be fine. Just do what you need to do. Heart )

https://www.amazon.com/Scratch.....?th=1

https://www.eczemacompany.com/.....D_BwE

https://www.scratchsleeves.co......D_BwE

I suffered terribly from itching as an adult for an extended period of time (well over a year, the result of skin grafting & burn recovery) so I know what I'm talking about when I say it is cruel to put a baby in that. (Honestly the reason I recycled my copy of Binah so quickly was because reading about a baby's suffering from such terrible itching was triggering to me, that article and the photos included made me cry). Forcing a baby to not be able to at least move her hands in the direction of where she is attempting to sooth her unbearable itch is going to add to her emotional distress. Op, I beg you not to. Please contact Binah and ask them for the contact info for that eczema foundation.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:53 pm
I give Zyrtec (in liquid form prescribed by the doctor) a few nights in a row until the bacitracin starts working. Then I try to prevent it with eucerin, short nails and humidifier

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 10:53 pm
I'm assuming you're already using soap/body wash that's unscented and good for eczema, using non scented detergent etc.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:28 pm
Expose baby to sunlight, 15 minutes at a time, 2 - 3 x a day. (start out at lower levels).

My friends baby had terrible eczema. She went to Arizona and put baby in the sun a lot and
after a few weeks his eczema was GONE.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 11:48 pm
I bh had major success by Dr Siegel in Westchester. She is an allergist but is amazing for eczema even if it isn't from known allergy.
Loads of luck

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 12:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby face is red and oozing . She’s in antibiotics for it being infected; it’s going on for weeks. I was using mupirocin and Vaseline. Now useing eucerin and tried hydrocortisone. Anyone have experience and can help me relieve my child’s pain and itchiness. All nights she’s scratching and crying .
Don’t respond to do allergy testing that was done and she’s on a special formula but so far no change. I even see her back has some hives and stomach ezczema . I end up giving Benadryl in middle of the night but this isn’t normal

Oy. We need to have a consult! I help people with this, although I don't like to put my name out. Maybe someone will recommend on this thread. Wishing you and baby success overcoming it

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 1:00 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Chiming in: There are many accupuncturists who "help" with eczema. They usually give Chinese creams which contain super potent steroids. People clear magically... and then look like burn victims when they stop using the creams.

Please very cautious.

The same goes for organizations that take people and smear them with steroids.

OP, I suffered terribly from Red Skin Sydrome/Topical Steroid Withdrawal, and trust me, eczema is a walk in the park compared to the much-worse, human-inflicted condition of steroid damage. Please be very, very careful.

Yes, please refrain from steroids and anything that suppresses. The withdrawal is not worth it and doesn't solve the problem

ray family

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 1:26 am
How old is your baby? Is she nursing? Bottle fed? Have you looked into changing your diet/formula? Of course you need to treat topically but you also need to treat from the inside out

Ma3

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 2:21 am
Hurts me to read since I know where you're coming from. Barleans coconut oil from health food store is an amazing moisturizer for skin which I still use for my eczema child. Try using only all free and clear detergent in your house. What is the child eating? I needed to stop breastfeeding cause my kid had too many flare ups. Special formula wasn't either working for me. Needed to use coconut dream and then used vitamins for nutrition. It was a long journey and my kid was allergic to almost everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. With kinesiology you can test absolutely anything to see what the triggers are. My kid was able to tolerate specific foods only from specific brands. Also, fo you have mold in your house? Recent leaking? That might be a big part of thr problem.

Ma3

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 2:23 am
And cortisine brings very short term relief and does more damage than good. Also, motrin or Tylenol is good when kid is in a lot of pain! Hugs and hatzloche!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 3:04 am
Thank you everyone
Anyone who has experience , my baby is 8 months I would love to hear
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics