Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Israeli child tests positive for polio
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 9:55 am
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
“Unvaxxed ppl are a danger to society” is completely off the mark in this case… the vaccine itself caused this. Not sure how you came to that conclusion from this news.
Where do you see rabbonim calling out for vaccines? I’ve not seen anything on this matter besides this thread. Of course I know a news site was quoted but curious where you see it? I actually just asked a nurse on this and she said having everyone suddenly vaccinated may spread this more.

Very simple: Here's how I came to this conclusion:

1 - early 1900s - children are struck left and right
2 - late 1900s - vaccines gradually eliminate polio from society.
3 - mandatory polio vax are put in place to protect the public.
4 - public protection can only work if majority of the population is vaccinated
5 - the issue around shedding is dealt with* - the conclusion is that if the vaccination schedule is followed as per the guidelines, the risk of contracting polio is almost nil for a vaccinated society.
6 - breaks in the herd immunity puts society at risk, especially those who cannot be vaccinated.
7 - knowingly and purposefully not vaccinating for polio, breaks the herd immunity and creates greater risk.
8 - someone who puts themselves in that position is to blame for outbreaks.

Simply put. They are knowingly and purposefully choosing NOT to vaccinate and break herd immunity for the rest of the society. They are choosing to do so in an environment where they know majority gets vaccinated & they may mingle with those who are recently vaccinated. Knowing and purposely putting yourself in such a situation means you carry the blame, not the rest of society.

The only way they are not to blame is if you feel the society is wrong for mandatory polio vaccines. That means that you choose the early 1900s death and lifelong disabilities over eradicating it from the public. In other words, you're inputting into society something that most want to get rid of. So yeah, you're to blame.

(*disclaimer - I agree that leaky vaccines should not be used)

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 9:56 am
How would I know if my kid is up to date? How many shots are they supposed to have had? I can check the book but I dunno what I’m looking for… I did all the vaccines so I assume it has been done but I’d like to double check

If you did all the shots then don't worry. Its four shots. the polio shot is a combined vaccine with a few other diseases, but don't have the book in front of me and don't remember what its called, will check soon.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 9:57 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
You mean the child's PARENTS are to blame.

Of course.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 9:59 am
How would I know if my kid is up to date? How many shots are they supposed to have had? I can check the book but I dunno what I’m looking for… I did all the vaccines so I assume it has been done but I’d like to double check

Check or call Tipat Chalav.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:00 am
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
If you did all the shots then don't worry. Its four shots. the polio shot is a combined vaccine with a few other diseases, but don't have the book in front of me and don't remember what its called, will check soon.

Polio is not a combined vaccine. It's called IPV (or OPV if in oral form). Some doctors choose to give it in a combined version together with DTaP and Hep B known as Pediarix or together with DTaP and Hib known as Pentacel.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:03 am
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Polio is not a combined vaccine. It's called IPV (or OPV if in oral form). Some doctors choose to give it in a combined version together with DTaP and Hep B known as Pediarix or together with DTaP and Hib known as Pentacel.

Yes, its combined in one shot with Hib and DTaP here, so yes its a combined vaccine. Smile
its called DTaP-IPV-HIb and its all one shot

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:04 am
The child is a girl from Meah Shearim. The research thus far seems quite clear she contracted it from the mutant shedded variant but investigation is ongoing. It seems like someone close to her had recently gotten the oral drops.

"A four-year-old from Jerusalem has contracted polio, the first case in Israel in 33 years, the Health Ministry reported Sunday.

The child’s case was caused by a mutant polio strain that can infect those who are unvaccinated. Doctors fear that the child will suffer permanent damage, including paralysis in half of her body, Channel 12 News reported.

The parents brought the child for medical testing due to weakness in the left side of her body.

The Jerusalem Municipality reported that the child is a 4-year-old girl from Mea Shearim. As Health Ministry officials believe that the case is not an isolated one and may be just the tip of the iceberg of dozens and perhaps even hundreds of asymptomatic cases, an emergency meeting with the participation of the dayanim of the Eidah Chareidis is taking place on Monday afternoon."

מאין לך?
Source, please. Kikar used the masculine, N12 used masculine, the Health Ministry refused to gender the child at all.

ETA: I see your source is Behadrey.

Anyways, I'll take a polio outbreak over a corona or measles outbreak, any day.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:04 am
Check or call Tipat Chalav.

I’m checking, but I don’t know what for.
I know that I did twice drops, but def don’t remember them telling me polio vaccine

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:06 am
מאין לך?
Source, please. Kikar used the masculine, N12 used masculine, the Health Ministry refused to gender the child at all.

Is this satire? Are you aware that polio is more lethal and more injurious than the other two? And also has no form of treatment?

If you're in the anti-vax group, this statement of yours explains it all.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:06 am
amother [ Grape ] wrote:

Here it is in the "mechumash." DTaP, HIB, IPV, all in one vaccine.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:07 am
I know that I did twice drops, but def don’t remember them telling me polio vaccine

open the vaccine book. Look for Dtap- IPV-HIB
check how many shots your kid got, there should be four
Editing to add for the vaccine wary who might be reading this: You can also just get the IPV, my tipat chalav said I could request it if I wanted to do just the polio.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:08 am

The drops were probably rotavirus. OPV is only at 6 months, and I think it's one dose only. But all your kid needs to be safe is the mechumash. At 2, 4, 6 months and one year.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:09 am
Here it is in the "mechumash." DTaP, HIB, IPV, all in one vaccine.

Thanks so much for those who explained! Yes I see four records under this and 2 under opv
Really appreciate the help!

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:10 am
מאין לך?

What? I can't imagine ever thinking this, particularly after I read Aharon Margalit's story.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:12 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
What? I can't imagine ever thinking this, particularly after I read Aharon Margalit's story.

I'm guessing her kids are all up to date vaxxed so isn't worried about the disease??? Otherwise I can't imagine whats going through her brain.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:13 am
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
Is this satire? Are you aware that polio is more lethal and more injurious than the other two? And also has no form of treatment?

If you're in the anti-vax group, this statement of yours explains it all.

I'm not anti-vax and I'm 100% serious.

Polio might be more lethal but it's not airborne and good hygiene goes a long way. Polio kids are 99% protected against by six months. Polio you can take your child to the mall without worrying, so long as no one touches your kid. Polio outbreaks can be over in weeks if we go around giving everyone unvaccinated ONE dose of the OPV. Bim, bam, DONE, no more outbreak.

Measles and corona are airborne. Measles protection can only be given from the age of one year. Measles hangs around in the air for two hours after an infected person leaves the room. Second dose of measles protection doesn't come right after the first dose so the protection is still partial even at one year. Measles you can't take your child with you to the bank without risking your child's health. Measles gets into your nervous system.

Corona the vaccine isn't 100% and can't be given until 5 years anyways. Corona is airborne and mutating. Corona gets into your nervous system (like measles) and causes long-term consequences in between 10-50% of those infected. Corona no matter what you do your child isn't 100% safe.

I would take a polio outbreak over a measles or corona outbreak ANY DAY, of ANY year, and I was saying that back in 2018 as well.

Polio outbreaks affect almost exclusively those who chose to be affected. Polio I can protect my kids against. Polio we can live normal lives if there's an outbreak. OUT WITH CORONA, BRING ON THE POLIO!!!

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:15 am
I'm not anti-vax and I'm 100% serious.

Polio might be more lethal but it's not airborne and good hygiene goes a long way. Polio kids are 99% protected against by six months. Polio you can take your child to the mall without worrying, so long as no one touches your kid.

Measles and corona are airborne. Measles protection can only be given from the age of one year. Measles hangs around in the air for two hours after an infected person leaves the room. Second dose of measles protection doesn't come right after the first dose so the protection is still partial even at one year. Measles you can't take your child with you to the bank without risking your child's health. Measles gets into your nervous system.

Corona the vaccine isn't 100% and can't be given until 5 years anyways. Corona is airborne and mutating. Corona gets into your nervous system (like measles) and causes long-term consequences in between 10-50% of those infected. Corona no matter what you do your child isn't 100% safe.

I would take a polio outbreak over a measles or corona outbreak ANY DAY, of ANY year, and I was saying that back in 2018 as well.

Polio outbreaks affect almost exclusively those who chose to be affected. Polio I can protect my kids against. Polio we can live normal lives if there's an outbreak. OUT WITH CORONA, BRING ON THE POLIO!!!

Wow. I vaccinate but I still don't want to see Jewish children in iron lungs and paralyzed.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:17 am
Wow. I vaccinate but I still don't want to see Jewish children in iron lungs and paralyzed. You kind of sound like a monster.

That was way outta line, lady.

I don't want any outbreak but if I had to choose it'd be polio.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:18 am
That was way outta line, lady.

I don't want any outbreak but if I had to choose it'd be polio.

k. You literally ended your post saying BRING ON THE POLIO!!! In my very humble opinion, thats not nice. Here's to hoping this is a solitary case and no one else contracts it.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:20 am
Wow. I vaccinate but I still don't want to see Jewish children in iron lungs and paralyzed. You kind of sound like a monster.

She’s not a monster, she just explained that in her opinion she feels she can better manage polio and would therefore rather that. That doesn’t make anyone a monster.
Perhaps we can leave name calling out. Doesn’t help anything
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics