Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Swings

ozeret

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 10:31 am
looking into getting a swing for our baby. can you post what you have and why you do or don't like it?

thank you
Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 10:40 am
I liked our wind up graco a lot !

rowo

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 10:45 am
I have the fisher price, baby papasan, rain forest, cradle swing. (I think that's what it's called)
I'm not sure who loves it more my baby or me.
I've put it away now (his legs were practically dangling over the edge) but it was great.
it swings two ways, has nice soothing sounds, things for the baby to look at, looks very comfortable. has a little tray with some toys, didn't use it at first, but once he was old enough, it was very good.
it was really good when I needed to do things, he was happy, he could see what was going on, adn I was happy, didn't have to hold him.
there was also a stage when I couldn't get him to sleep in his cot during the day, and he would sleep beautifully in the swing. (I wasn't so happy about that... but it was only for short naps)
only one thing, when he was very tiny, the swing was quite strong, even on the lowest setting, because he didn't weigh enough to slow it down. it made us a bit nervous, but in the manual it said to drape a bunnyrug/blanket over the side. we did that and that worked to slow it down.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:05 pm
ozeret, be sure you know which can be used on shabbos/yomtov.

Crayon210

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:07 pm
Most that are made these days are battery-operated.

Helani

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:21 pm
I have aquarium swing. The best feature is that it can either swing side to side or front to back. When my baby was little he liked side to side motion better. My first one didn't like swing at all, so if you have a chance check it out first.

sky

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:24 pm
I have a graco swing that can take heavier babies then others (it goes up to like 25 or 30 lbs) which I need because my babies are huge. Check the maximim weight on what you buy because some babies will be too big by 4 months.
It is battery operated. my babies love the noises it makes. I sometimes use the sounds to soothe the baby even when he is not in the swing.
I have seen some that plug into the wall and those seem terriffic because you don't habe to keep on buying batteries (Especially because my 2 year old loves turning it on Friday night and we get to 'enjoy' the soothing noise all shabbos)

livalittle

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 10:09 pm
I'm looking to get the Graco SweetPeace Newborn Soothing Center - I'm due with my first iyh and really liked this swing when I tested it. it's costly but if you're willing to invest, worth it. it swings baby in circular motion, has natural and soothing sounds like mother's heartbeat, running water - they try to give it a feeling of womb comfort. you can also attach an ipod or mp3 player which I like bec I'd rather have my child listen to jewish music than some nursery rhyme (we're very careful abt that and also not having non-kosher animals in nursery). it cost 169, but if it's something you plan to have for future children, then go for it.
you could check it out on babiesrus.com

MrsLeo

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 11:21 pm
I have the Fisher-Price Aquarium Take-A-Long swing. Its small and portable so I can move it into whichever room is most convenient for me. It folds up so I can take it with me when traveling. My daughter is now 11 months old and 21 lbs and she still fits in it with no problem. The only thing I dont like about it is that it is electric (most new swings are) so I cant turn on the swinging mechanism on shabbos and have to push it manually.

Classicookie

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 11:28 pm
I have the fisher prise rain forest one and I love it first it plugs in so no battery's which is great but it can take battery's if you want it swigs side to side and front to back and it has a nice recline for newborns and nice music

ozeret

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 4:20 pm
any difference between the fisherprice ocean wonders (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265072) and fisherprice rainforest? (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2452297) other than the ability to plug the second in?

poemmom

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 1:32 pm
I have the FisherPrice Take -Along too (might be an older model). Its just big enough. Neither kid so far used it a huge amount, so a bigger one just would have been annoying to store. However, along with a bouncy seat, it met all our needs.
Baby can always sit on it on Shabbos not turned on -- it seems silly to try to find a non-electronic just for Shabbos, since that defeats the purpose of it rocking a baby for you the rest of the time!

chaylizi

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 1:36 pm
fisher price has a couple of plug in swings these days. I have a papasan & then I ended up getting & graco sweetpeace & I am just loving it. that also plugs in. I especially love dumping my car seat in there fresh out of the car.

pinktichel

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 1:50 pm
mom2zahava wrote:
I have the fisher prise rain forest one and I love it first it plugs in so no battery's which is great but it can take battery's if you want it swigs side to side and front to back and it has a nice recline for newborns and nice music

I have this one and love it! Dd naps in it during the day. It's really cozy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics