Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Driving to Florida for Pesach

ysydmom

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 3:27 am
Has anyone here driven to Florida from New York and back for Pesach with all the food and supplies that are needed? Any tips? How did you do it, how long did it take? what are the expenses along the way. We are thinking of doing it this year with all the kids being older and we have a place to stay if we want to at no cost. Please post your advice. Thank you!

tms1

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 7:33 am
I haven’t really done it for Pesach, but I have driven to Florida from the New York area. It is a lot of driving, but it is doable. We usually go straight, as opposed to sleeping over in the middle. It also depends where you’re going in Florida. It is a long state, so there’s like a 5 hour difference between north Florida and South Florida. Finally, Boca has a huge Jewish community, so you’d probably be able to get quite a bit of Pesach stuff there, if you wanted to.

naturelover

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 8:38 am
I've done it just not during pesach. Brought along s bunch of perishables. Froze them and put them in a cooler and everything stayed frozen no issues, when we drove straight. If you are stopping and have a fridge/freezer to put the stuff in there shouldn't be a problem. Biggest expense along the way is gas and the prices just keep rising.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains