Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
ISO blog orthodox mom of transgender child

Aylat

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 7:39 am
I'm (unsuccessfully) trying to find a blog I read years ago and I think I was linked to it originally from a post here.
The blog was written by a frum mother about her transgender child (I think a boy who insisted from a young age that he was a girl). One of the things the mother wrote about was visiting a gadol in Israel who told her that about a midrash that Yitzchak was born with a female soul. I'm trying to find out who the gadol was.
If anyone has a link to the blog, or additional info, much appreciated. TIA!

Aylat

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 8:29 am
Thank you to the amother who sent me the link! Leaving it here in case anyone else interested.

https://thestoryofabirl.wordpr.....nder/

mom_13

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 8:47 am
Wow. This is fascinating. Thank you so much for posting this. I have dealt with this population in the past due to the nature of my job. Seeing this response from Harav Weiss definitely helps me in so many ways when dealing with all different kind of humans.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 9:31 am
Weird. The site loaded a few minutes ago but now it says it's private...

Its a shame because it was so well written and informative. I find halacha and these things so fascinating, and I love hearing about it from rabbanim and haskaafos I respect.

I actually wanted to share this with some people I know who work in the frum mental health space and could gain from sharing this with others in similar situations. If the author is here I'd appreciate it if I could get access to this page to copy it and share it with relevant people.

Aylat

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 9:43 am
It's still opening for me.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 9:52 am
Aylat wrote:
It's still opening for me.

Now it's opening again. Weird.

butternut1

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 9:53 am
Thanks for sharing!

storyofabirl

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 10:18 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Weird. The site loaded a few minutes ago but now it says it's private...

Its a shame because it was so well written and informative. I find halacha and these things so fascinating, and I love hearing about it from rabbanim and haskaafos I respect.

I actually wanted to share this with some people I know who work in the frum mental health space and could gain from sharing this with others in similar situations. If the author is here I'd appreciate it if I could get access to this page to copy it and share it with relevant people.

Hi,
I’m the mom who wrote the blog. I’m sorry for any confusion. I haven’t updated the blog in two years and according to the stats, the blog averages 2-5 views a day. It’s a public blog but not linked anywhere. So I was a bit caught off guard yesterday when Wordpress informed me that my stats were booming and there were hundreds of views. I wasn’t sure where the views were coming from so I made it private. Once I realized they were coming from here, I made it public again. And then made an account so I could respond 😁

My daughter has been living as a girl for almost four years and she is very private about her journey at the moment, so I will not be updating the blog further. It is now her story to share if and when she ever wants to.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions privately, whether about the psaks we’ve been given, living in a Frum community or anything else.

I know there are many parents going through similar situations, and even for children who are simply gender non conforming, this can be very difficult, and possibly embarrassing to talk about once a child has reached a certain age. Please feel free to message me if you could use a supportive ear.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 11:02 am
storyofabirl wrote:
Hi,
I’m the mom who wrote the blog. I’m sorry for any confusion. I haven’t updated the blog in two years and according to the stats, the blog averages 2-5 views a day. It’s a public blog but not linked anywhere. So I was a bit caught off guard yesterday when Wordpress informed me that my stats were booming and there were hundreds of views. I wasn’t sure where the views were coming from so I made it private. Once I realized they were coming from here, I made it public again. And then made an account so I could respond 😁

My daughter has been living as a girl for almost four years and she is very private about her journey at the moment, so I will not be updating the blog further. It is now her story to share if and when she ever wants to.

That said, I am happy to answer any questions privately, whether about the psaks we’ve been given, living in a Frum community or anything else.

I know there are many parents going through similar situations, and even for children who are simply gender non conforming, this can be very difficult, and possibly embarrassing to talk about once a child has reached a certain age. Please feel free to message me if you could use a supportive ear.

I thought something like that had happened. Be aware though that technically the topic of LGBTQ is banned here although threads are allowed up for a bit usually when someone has a question or needs support.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics