Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best products for making dry, and rashy skin look even and

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 9:47 pm
I see some women who have totally even colored skin, but its clearly a dewy creamy foundation make-up they have on. Usually women get that look when being made up professionally for Simchas, but I see some women wearing that kind of foundation for day wear as well. Its not as natural a look as some other foundations, its somewhat heavy and painted looking, but its smooth, dewy, full coverage, and even throughout the whole face.

My skin is dry, unevenly colored and rashy looking from Rosacea.

Which full coverage, long lasting foundation thats made for dry skin would be best for me?

Please tell me all products (and techniques) Id need to use on my face, under foundation, foundation itself, and over foundation, to get that full coverage, dewy "make-up artist" look, (even if its not natural).

Tia

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I see some women who have totally even colored skin, but its clearly a dewy creamy foundation make-up they have on. Usually women get that look when being made up professionally for Simchas, but I see some women wearing that kind of foundation for day wear as well. Its not as natural a look as some other foundations, its somewhat heavy and painted looking, but its smooth, dewy, full coverage, and even throughout the whole face.

My skin is dry, unevenly colored and rashy looking from Rosacea.

Which full coverage, long lasting foundation thats made for dry skin would be best for me?

Please tell me all products (and techniques) Id need to use on my face, under foundation, foundation itself, and over foundation, to get that full coverage, dewy "make-up artist" look, (even if its not natural).

Tia

It's not the foundation, it's the skincare (and in some cases diet changes) that make the foundation have a flawless look.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 10:13 pm
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
It's not the foundation, it's the skincare (and in some cases diet changes) that make the foundation have a flawless look.

Not quite.

Most Makeup artists Ive used have transformed my skin to flawless looking skin.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 10:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not quite.

Ok, why don't you ask them for some techniques/products?

From personal experience, you can transform your skin and have just about any foundation look flawless on you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 10:27 pm
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
Ok, why don't you ask them for some techniques/products?

From personal experience, you can transform your skin and have just about any foundation look flawless on you.

If I could transform my skin, why would I need full coverage, good quality foundation?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 10:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not quite.

With filters on Instagram....
Makeup only looks as good as the skin underneath.

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:02 pm
Maybe try the new makeup forever HD skin long wearing foundation. It's getting rave reviews.

coffeebreak

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:16 pm
You need both!

for makeup, I keep going back to mac studio powder fx - its a full coverage powder foundation, and amazing for everyday. Ive tried a bunch of liquid foundations but havent liked any better than the mac powder

for skincare, I cant rave enough about first aid beauty moisturizer (ultra repair cream)! I used to struggle with dry skin on my face. ive been using this cream for 3 years now and have yet to see a dry patch since!

you can also go to a dermatologist for finacea and metrogel, they are prescription rosacea creams
also, you can try to find your trigger (spicy foods, citrus foods, etc)

good luck!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:20 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
With filters on Instagram....
Makeup only looks as good as the skin underneath.

Ive seen people with skin like Taylor Wynn's, look very good with foundation on.

My skin is way better than hers when her skin looked like this, no comparison.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ive seen people with skin like Taylor Wynn's, look very good with foundation on.

My skin is way better than hers when her skin looked like this, no comparison.

I feel the same. I think it has to do with dry or oily skin. So many people with oily skin and acne just cover up the acne and have smooth looking skin. If your skin is dry, textured and in my case acne filled as well, it's much harder to achieve that flawless look.

To the posters saying it's all about skincare. Believe me some of us have tried and tried and tried!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 11:38 pm
When TW and others (especially makeup artists who know the tricks) apply the right foundation with the right technique, they look really good.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 12:11 am
Skincare that took my skin from years of acne to normal (not flawless, just normal), is The ordinary Brand, mainly their glycolic acid every morning before makeup, and also their niacinimide, hyaluronic acid, and their peel (red solution) twice a week.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:42 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Skincare that took my skin from years of acne to normal (not flawless, just normal), is The ordinary Brand, mainly their glycolic acid every morning before makeup, and also their niacinimide, hyaluronic acid, and their peel (red solution) twice a week.

Reviews are mixed:

Customer Reviews:
A miracle for my rosacea
By Jenna on November 21, 2018
I would have paid $100 for this product. Last month my rosacea was so bad that I looked like a had a permanent sunburn on my face. Even with makeup on I couldn't hide the redness. I've been using this product for almost a month and it has been a miracle for my skin. Without makeup I have a light pink shade only in certain places and with makeup on its completely unnoticeable. To make things better, I had a minor forehead line that has softened as well. I will buying this for a long time.

Don’t use if you have rosacea!
By N V. on May 30, 2022
Probably great for others. Just a warning if you have rosacea. My skin was so happy and beautiful before I used this. Bad idea. Caused so so many bright red capillaries on my nose, cheeks and chin and will take weeks to get it calmed down again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any recommendations for fragrance free foundation for dry skin that blends and is non transfer, to get that professionally made up look? tia

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:08 am
Niacinimide and hyaluronic acid

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:18 pm
Dior forever matte foundation

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:22 pm
No one has flawless skin. Drinking properly and using sunscreen helps. Wearing a lot of makeup is actually bad for your skin. When I was younger I had terrible acne and nothing helped. I washed my face and used very little makeup because I found makeup made it worse. And don't look so close. We all have some blemishes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics