Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Queen Elizabeth time sensitive!!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 11:40 am
Teachers doing a purim parody in school today....Need help asap on some quirky character traits regarding her majesty.
For example: what annoys her the most?
her most attractive feature
Favorite food, what she's best at...etc. some kind of funny message that I could sorta relay to the students

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 11:40 am
Google is your friend….

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 11:43 am
She is renowned to be very fond of jam pennies.

https://myimperfectkitchen.com/jam-pennies/

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 11:58 am
These days I think Harry and Meghan annoy her the most. With Andrew not far behind. LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 12:12 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
These days I think Harry and Meghan annoy her the most. With Andrew not far behind. LOL

lol!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 12:13 pm
When singing the national anthem in school do.jewish students say G-d save the queen or is that controversial?

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 12:18 pm
I grew up in England, and we never sung the national anthem in school. It's not so.ething that is done in England, except on special occasions maybe like the upcoming Platinum Jubilee. Having said that, I never heard of any controversy around it.

Thinking about it, if you weren't going to say 'G-d save the Queen' you would only have about half of it left to sing.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 1:40 pm
Elfrida wrote:

Thinking about it, if you weren't going to say 'G-d save the Queen' you would only have about half of it left to sing.

LOL

s c

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 2:02 pm
She loves her corgis and her horses. She was often seen riding horses with a head scarf on. That's her in her element. She onky refers to herself as 'one', never 'I'. Re. National anthem, I went to frum schools and I've never sung it my whole life, wouldn't even know the words. She has always been the most dignified and gracious person.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 2:22 pm
She prefers natural shades of nail polish (she uses Ballet Slippers by Essie) and disapproves of wedge heels. She moves her handbag from one arm to the other to signal to her aides when she wants to end a conversation, and uses it for various other signals to her staff.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 2:42 pm
She pretty much wears the same outfit all the time but in a zillion diff colors.

She was an auto mechanic in the British army during WWII.
https://www.biography.com/news.....ar-ii

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 2:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When singing the national anthem in school do.jewish students say G-d save the queen or is that controversial?

singing G-d save the queen is not controversial at all in Jewish places, it's just not really sung much except at special occasions.
You are literally saying that G-d should save the queen and we all believe that the leaders of our country should be safe and Hashem should protect them so there is no halachic issue with saying that.

4g01o

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes, we did.

4g01o

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 10:49 am
s c wrote:
She loves her corgis and her horses. She was often seen riding horses with a head scarf on. That's her in her element. She onky refers to herself as 'one', never 'I'. Re. National anthem, I went to frum schools and I've never sung it my whole life, wouldn't even know the words. She has always been the most dignified and gracious person.

Same here, beis yaakov type but we did sing it a couple of times.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 8:57 pm
I went to a non Jewish high school, and I can't remember us ever singing the anthem.
I think that I probably only heard it while watching Last Night of the Proms, or at the Cenotaph parade.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics