Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Support for alopecia

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 12:44 pm
hi need support and info re alopecia
hairoes isnt returning my calls
any other organizations

tweety1

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 1:10 pm
Try calling Chai lifeline. They might be able to connect you with other people in the same situation.

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 1:18 pm
There is a Jewish support organization for kids with alopecia. My neighbors daughter lost her hair and is part of all the support groups. She was just telling us about the amazing sponsored event for Jewish children that she went to.
I could try to ask my neighbor for information if you want. It’s definitely a big challenge but support is out there.

GrowingUp

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 1:27 pm
There’s an organization called Keser Kavod that deals with hair loss. I’m not sure if they offer support or just monetary help, but definitely reach out to them. Hopefully they can direct you. It’s run by someone Birnbaum.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 1:39 pm
I don’t know if it’s still around, but there was an organization called hairoes, which provided support and info.

bestrong1

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 1:53 pm
Hi. I just read in a children's book about rav chaim kanievsky that a father once went to him about his daughter who's hair was falling out. Rav chaim told the father to learn maseches nega'im every single day until the girl gets married. He said it's a zchut for her hair to grow back. The father took it upon himself and his daughters hair grew back with only very little use of meds.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 1:57 pm
bestrong1 wrote:
Hi. I just read in a children's book about rav chaim kanievsky that a father once went to him about his daughter who's hair was falling out. Rav chaim told the father to learn maseches nega'im every single day until the girl gets married. He said it's a zchut for her hair to grow back. The father took it upon himself and his daughters hair grew back with only very little use of meds.

What is the name of the book?

bestrong1

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 2:04 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
What is the name of the book?

The book is called A Living Sefer Torah about rav chaim kanievsky. The story is in the chapter named a segulah for healthy hair.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 2:04 pm
Liba.spiritfitlife on Instagram has a dd with alopecia. She knows a lot. Contact her

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 6:56 pm
GrowingUp wrote:
There’s an organization called Keser Kavod that deals with hair loss. I’m not sure if they offer support or just monetary help, but definitely reach out to them. Hopefully they can direct you. It’s run by someone Birnbaum.

Bumping
Any idea how to reach them?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 7:03 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Liba.spiritfitlife on Instagram has a dd with alopecia. She knows a lot. Contact her

I know this is an old comment, but Liba and her daughter, and actually her whole family, are amazing people. I know a few young girls with alopecia, and her daughter is the only one I know who usually doesn’t wear a wig. She is also the one from whom I heard about hairoes.

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 7:09 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I know this is an old comment, but Liba and her daughter, and actually her whole family, are amazing people. I know a few young girls with alopecia, and her daughter is the only one I know who usually doesn’t wear a wig. She is also the one from whom I heard about hairoes.

Her daughter (who does rock btw) is one of SEVERAL kids in her camp (shoutout to sternberg!) who don’t wear a wig (which in this heat would be so challenging but I know other girls that do).

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Aug 27 2022, 9:38 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Her daughter (who does rock btw) is one of SEVERAL kids in her camp (shoutout to sternberg!) who don’t wear a wig (which in this heat would be so challenging but I know other girls that do).

Of course there are other kids who are as awesome as she is, and who have the same wonderful support that she does. All I meant was that, of the girls I know who have alopecia, she is the only one who doesn’t wear a wig.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics