Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
I'm Jealous of the wealthy, all action are there...
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:31 pm
Where there's money, there's the action and excitement. All the groups of boys come over and sing, they bring along music and excitement...

Being that we're poor, no one comes in. So boring...

Vent over

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:34 pm
I had a friend from a wealthy family and she hated Purim, no privacy in her house, action till the wee hours of the morning...

Depends on how you look at it

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:34 pm
I'm rich in mitzvos and in shomiyim I hope to have crowds Wink

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:36 pm
Some Wealthy run away to Florida to avoid being pressured to give so much Tzedokah

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:36 pm
I will cry if anyone comes to my house now.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:37 pm
You can enjoy the action for free. Take your kids for a walk on Purim and see all the groups of collectors in their funny costumes, the decorated limousines, etc.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:40 pm
No one sane will deny that life is easier, and more fun, with lots of money.

Rich people have problems too, yadayadayada.....

Its so hard to manage the caretakers in the multiple residences, yadayadayada...

Lots of rich people are depressed and on meds... yadayadayada...

Lots of rich people are miserable because they always want more and more.. yadayadayada...

So what else is new? Lets be real...

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:41 pm
And the rich are jealous of the uber rich... There's always someone that has it even better. They suffer from jealousy just like the poor.
But I get it. It's fun to be in on the action!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:43 pm
My older boys are with their groups. The younger kids are sleeping. I don't have where to go see the action, I live a bit out...

I saw that several wealthy people don't give out actual money. No cash.
They give a coupon, which you can then send in till a certain time to redeem it. The process to do that is complicated. Many people don't bother to redeem it.

My son went around for Tzedukah, and received $1 in this coupon! (It looks like like check), With no signature!
I think it's cheez-y and fallible.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 11:46 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
No one sane will deny that life is easier, and more fun, with lots of money.

Rich people have problems too, yadayadayada.....

Its so hard to manage the caretakers in the multiple residences, yadayadayada...

Lots of rich people are depressed and on meds... yadayadayada...

Lots of rich people are miserable because they always want more and more.. yadayadayada...

So what else is new? Lets be real...

I'm poor. And I too have lots of other issues, just like the wealthy people.
Claiming that they have other problems is silly. Being poor, also has other problems.

I'd rather have my other problems in a Mercedes in a mansion of my own, than the way we currently live...

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 12:04 am
My next door neighbors are very wealthy. This neighborhood is still rocking and it's midnight! There is so much noise I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight. I'm so happy it's not in my house at least!

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 12:09 am
OP I hear you. Please use this opportunity to daven for the health and Parnassa of your family on Purim. May Hashem answer your tefillos letova

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 12:16 am
On Purim, the division between the rich and poor doesnt bother me, its one day. Big deal.

What bothers me , is the multiple decorator decorated homes, the cars they drive, the clothes they wear, the popularity. Klal involvement, constant vacations, easier Shidduchim, no guarantees, but usually money helps in Shidduchim, things that are all year round.

Genius

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 12:24 am
On Purim, the division between the rich and poor doesnt bother me, its one day. Big deal.

What bothers me , is the multiple decorator decorated homes, the cars they drive, the clothes they wear, the popularity. Klal involvement, constant vacations, easier Shidduchim, no guarantees, but usually money helps in Shidduchim, things that are all year round.

Why does it bother you? Why don’t you reframe the question “it bothers me that I don’t have AB&C” they’re not taking anything away from you.

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 12:27 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
My next door neighbors are very wealthy. This neighborhood is still rocking and it's midnight! There is so much noise I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight. I'm so happy it's not in my house at least!

My neighbors too. Wonder if they’re the same.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 12:28 am
Genius wrote:
Why does it bother you? Why don’t you reframe the question “it bothers me that I don’t have AB&C” they’re not taking anything away from you.

Trust me, I want everyone to be happy, including the extremely wealthy. Jealous people get sick from jealousy.

I was just responding about how Purim is one day, and I showed that relatively Purim parties are not what makes being rich that exciting, imho.

Genius

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 12:32 am
Trust me, I want everyone to be happy, including the extremely wealthy. Jealous people get sick from jealousy.

I was just responding about how Purim is one day, and I showed that relatively Purim parties are not what makes being rich that exciting, imho.

Makes sense. On Purim they also give a ton of money. The way you phrased it triggered me somehow. And I’m not even rich. Yet 😉

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 12:45 am
My sisters husband is wealthy bh. They splurged on expensive meat, wine and all.
They invited many people. I heard this morning from two of my siblings that they were invited.
I decided I'm not going if I'm not invited.
She leaves me a message now! 12:45, that everyone is there, the groups are coming now, welcome over.
She even has the chutzpah to say- I didn't invite anyone, they just arrived...
I feel hurt.

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 1:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My sisters husband is wealthy bh. They splurged on expensive meat, wine and all.
They invited many people. I heard this morning from two of my siblings that they were invited.
I decided I'm not going if I'm not invited.
She leaves me a message now! 12:45, that everyone is there, the groups are coming now, welcome over.
She even has the chutzpah to say- I didn't invite anyone, they just arrived...
I feel hurt.

She's your sister, maybe she just assumed that you'll come over. By us siblings, there's never formal invitations between ourselves. If we know that someone is making something, we just show up. We went to 2 rich relatives tonight, non of them officially invited us. We just knew that we're welcome.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Mar 17 2022, 1:02 am
Some of The sick, and alone also get action on Purim. BH for health.

I have to say I’m in awe of some performers I saw going around tonight. Big names. They are Forgoing major money to bring massive simcha to ppl who really need it in very sensitive ways.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics