Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Was your purim DEPRESSING according to previous year's actio

Purim was
Extremely quiet compared to all years  
 15%  [ 11 ]
Fun for a few minutes inside the house with music  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Overall, didn't mind the quietness for a change!  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Happy, for the fact, my husband didn't get drunk!  
 4%  [ 3 ]
Ok, for what I expected  
 18%  [ 13 ]
Very leibedig  
 59%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 72

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 8:54 am
In NY, that's what I felt overall. Especially in the day with this beutiful rain!
Pls fill me in here.
How was it by you?

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 9:31 am
Pretty much the same as every other year. Not quieter than usual. And no rain here.

observer

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 9:34 am
Purim was as usual! Rain was light and was on and off, so didn't really affect anything.

cupcake123

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 9:42 am
Actually this year was more exciting for me. Last year was friday and very short.

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 10:45 am
Purim was so much better. Weather was great. One of my kids is old enough to deliver his own MM which was a lot less stressful. Everyone is done with covid and was giving each other hugs and was just happy to see each other.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 10:48 am
First regular Purim in two years, more or less. Was a blast, and dh didn't get plastered either (but he usually doesn't). Really exhausting day (in a good way) mixed with both lots of fun and some quiet time. Our weather was generally good.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 2:07 pm
I also live in NY. We had a great purim bh! Better than expected. Weather was a pleasure, just some light rain in the morning and maybe a drizzle in the afternoon. We travel to Brooklyn in the afternoon and the streets were so lively, it was fun to watch.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 2:19 pm
Don't rely on others to make me happy try to make things festive for my immediate family.

amother
Canary

Post Sat, Mar 19 2022, 4:18 pm
I had a hard Purim. We live in Jerusalem so it was a Friday. Felt very drawn out and anticlimactic considering that my kids had dress up days in their different schools starting on Monday. We also had some rainy/cold weather on the actual day of Purim and the seudah was rushed in my mil’s house instead of something more social like I would have wanted. I feel like BH my efforts in costume dept for my kids paid off, in the sense that they all were adorable and loved their costumes, but I didn’t really get to enjoy… then today was a loooong day of fighting and candy detox.

amother
Sand

Post Sat, Mar 19 2022, 8:40 pm
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
I had a hard Purim. We live in Jerusalem so it was a Friday. Felt very drawn out and anticlimactic considering that my kids had dress up days in their different schools starting on Monday. We also had some rainy/cold weather on the actual day of Purim and the seudah was rushed in my mil’s house instead of something more social like I would have wanted. I feel like BH my efforts in costume dept for my kids paid off, in the sense that they all were adorable and loved their costumes, but I didn’t really get to enjoy… then today was a loooong day of fighting and candy detox.

Factor in hearing about the devastating loss of Maran HRH"G R' Shmaryahu Yosef Chaim Kanievsky on Friday - Purim in Yerushalayim. All Purim celebration came to a total standstill. People were in shock. What I found very inspiring and amazing to see was drunken men crying aloud and bewailing the tremendous loss. When people are drunk their truth reveals itself, they are not in control to be on guard of their feelings, actions and words. It was very profound to see it.
Mi K'amcha Yisrael???
May HaRav Shmaryahu Yosef Chaim ben HaRav Yaakov Yisroel be a huge melitiz yosher for all of Klal Yisroel, and beseech Hashem to Send Moshiach already and thus the end of this long tragic galus!!!

happytobemom

Post Sat, Mar 19 2022, 8:41 pm
Rained here in Lakewood also but didn't affect anything! Rain was on and off but the simcha was wonderful as ever! Streets were lebedig, traffic was great, everyone was happy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics