Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
How to break in new shoes

birdie1

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 4:38 pm
I got my 5yo daughter expensive new shoes. All was good at the store. Once she started wearing them it started hurting her. Is there a way to soften it? Mostly at the back of the heel.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 11:40 pm
I once heard rubbing a candle on it softens it, but I’d suggest asking the store you bought it in for advice.

leahleah

Post Sun, Mar 20 2022, 11:43 pm
You can buy mole skin and stick it there to help it have a cushion. Or take her with you to a shoe maker and they may put something under the sole to help lift it so it doesn't irritate her heel

SG18

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 5:02 am
Put bandaids on her heels until it's broken in.

mastermom

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 7:12 am
If the shoe is a bit deep, it may hit her at a very delicate spot. Some people will have this issue with every shoe and some with only certain leathers or materials.
If the shoe is leather it most likely will give. But she probably needs a heel pad or two until it does. Local shoe stores usually carry felt heel pads. You can request it from the shop you purchased it from. You can also get a leather heel pad from a shoe repair shop for a few dollars. They are of better quality and you can stick it in. Makes all the difference!

naomi2

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 8:26 am
Shoes should be comfortable form the get go, they shouldn't need any breaking in. If they hurt, they are not a good match for your child's foot

mastermom

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 8:43 am
naomi2 wrote:
Shoes should be comfortable form the get go, they shouldn't need any breaking in. If they hurt, they are not a good match for your child's foot

I agree with this. However, once the child already wore the shoes, you can't expect the store to take it back. The next best option is to make it comfortable by lifting the child's heel.

birdie1

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 10:04 am
Thank you all for the great suggestions and advice. I might just try all of them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries