Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
ISO Gentle Sleep coach for twins
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 22 2022, 8:42 pm
Hi,
My babies are 10 months old and I really, really need to get them to sleep. Because I'm not quite managing this way.

Can anyone recommend a coach they used that has a gentle approach with no or minimal crying? I really can't handle leaving them to cry.
Thanks!

tryinghard

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:13 am
Riki Taubenblat - BabySleepMaven.com - @babysleepmaven on Instagram. She actually got interested in sleep coaching when she sleep trained her own twins

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:21 am
tryinghard wrote:
Riki Taubenblat - BabySleepMaven.com - @babysleepmaven on Instagram. She actually got interested in sleep coaching when she sleep trained her own twins

I've heard of her. I just am not sure exactly what her approach is.
Do you know if she has a gentle approach? I don't want to let my babies cry.

SG18

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 10:09 am
How are you getting them to sleep now?

tichellady

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 10:34 am
I have heard good things about Sleeping Beauties Sleep and parenting

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 10:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've heard of her. I just am not sure exactly what her approach is.
Do you know if she has a gentle approach? I don't want to let my babies cry.

Yes I think shedoes do crying

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 12:44 pm
tichellady wrote:
I have heard good things about Sleeping Beauties Sleep and parenting

thanks I looked her up and it seems it's attachment based
Ideally, I'd love to do something like this but I need a solution for my babies sleep faster so I'm trying to find a middle way between just letting them do it at their pace and full on sleep training.

Anyone has experience with her?

tichellady

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 1:21 pm
I don’t think what you want exists, otherwise we would all be doing it! Do a free call with the people you are looking at and go from there.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 1:24 pm
I'm going to assume any form of sleep training will involve some crying. Maybe your dh can help you with that part if it's too hard for you.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 1:26 pm
It is almost impossible to sleep train older babies without any crying at all. You have to sleep train younger or you will have to deal with a little bit (or a lot ) of crying. You are teaching the babies to go to sleep without their sleep crutches. Understandably they will be frustrated/annoyed/struggling to learn something new.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 1:29 pm
https://instagram.com/sweetdre....._link

Hannah Paul

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 1:42 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
It is almost impossible to sleep train older babies without any crying at all. You have to sleep train younger or you will have to deal with a little bit (or a lot ) of crying. You are teaching the babies to go to sleep without their sleep crutches. Understandably they will be frustrated/annoyed/struggling to learn something new.

ok makes sense but I know there are some harsher sleep training methods and some gentler. I guess I want the least tears possible?? does that make sense? And I need someone who can guide me otherwise it won't happen

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 1:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ok makes sense but I know there are some harsher sleep training methods and some gentler. I guess I want the least tears possible?? does that make sense? And I need someone who can guide me otherwise it won't happen

I did this.. Baby was about 15 months old. https://sleepsense.net/

I think Riki trained by her. I would go to Riki if you need someone to 'hold your hand'. I follow her in insta.

There is some crying involved, but gentle, you stay in room to comfort baby, as your make progress you move to door and talk/comfort less.

The point is to teach the baby to self sooth and relax without mama as paci or rocking etc.

Good luck.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 2:27 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
I did this.. Baby was about 15 months old. https://sleepsense.net/

I think Riki trained by her. I would go to Riki if you need someone to 'hold your hand'. I follow her in insta.

There is some crying involved, but gentle, you stay in room to comfort baby, as your make progress you move to door and talk/comfort less.

The point is to teach the baby to self sooth and relax without mama as paci or rocking etc.

Good luck.

ok thanks a lot for this! Really appreciate it.

Has anyone had experience with Toby Lerner and can tell me how her method is in terms of crying?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 2:30 pm
tichellady wrote:
I don’t think what you want exists, otherwise we would all be doing it! Do a free call with the people you are looking at and go from there.

Ugh so why doesn't it exist? I'm so so tired and I need to sleep train them but I just can't bring myself to let them cry! And I'm so scared that they'll feel emotionally neglected that I'm not responding to their cries.

SG18

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 4:28 pm
Lilahbysleep is a great sleep resource for attachment parenting. Both on Instagram and her website.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 4:51 pm
SG18 wrote:
Lilahbysleep is a great sleep resource for attachment parenting. Both on Instagram and her website.

Thanks, not specifically looking for attachment parenting. I would like to sleep train just with least amount of tears. And not leaving them crying for extended periods.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 5:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ugh so why doesn't it exist? I'm so so tired and I need to sleep train them but I just can't bring myself to let them cry! And I'm so scared that they'll feel emotionally neglected that I'm not responding to their cries.

It's within the realm of normal to let babies cry when sleep training. If they are otherwise taken care of I doubt they will feel emotionally neglected.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 5:29 pm
It's not a coach, but The No-Cry Sleep Solution helped me with my twins.

Good luck, it's hard! But very rewarding Smile

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 6:36 pm
Little Owl Gentle Sleep Coaching -- sounds just like what you are looking for!
hope you find what you and the babies need!
hugs and hatzlocha!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more