Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
ISO Gentle Sleep coach for twins
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 6:39 pm
I heard great things about Toby Lerner.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 10:11 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
It's not a coach, but The No-Cry Sleep Solution helped me with my twins.

Good luck, it's hard! But very rewarding Smile

Can you please tell me more? Is there a way I can pm or contact you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 10:14 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Little Owl Gentle Sleep Coaching -- sounds just like what you are looking for!
hope you find what you and the babies need!
hugs and hatzlocha!

Have you used her? Can you tell me more about it?

tichellady

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 11:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ugh so why doesn't it exist? I'm so so tired and I need to sleep train them but I just can't bring myself to let them cry! And I'm so scared that they'll feel emotionally neglected that I'm not responding to their cries.

I understand. It’s very tough. I wish I had a magic solution to offer you and myself! I had sleep training and I also hate feeling ill from exhaustion. I think that the more “ gentle” approaches take a lot longer. I could be wrong but that’s my guess. I tried the no cry sleep solution and didn’t work for me. Of course having a good schedule and routines will help things but I can’t imagine sleep training working without some crying. I can’t even change a diaper in my house without some crying. But you do need to find an approach you feel comfortable with

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 11:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you please tell me more? Is there a way I can pm or contact you?

It's a book, and it doesn't have just one system in it.

First of all it helps you ensure that the routines in your home are conducive to sleep. Making sure that things gradually wind down as opposed to getting too loud and fun closer to bedtime.

It shares some tips on a good sleeping environment for your baby and ideas of how to signal that it's bedtime.

But for me the absolute most important piece was helping baby fall asleep BY HIM/HERSELF. The way to do that is to nurse/rock/pat or whatever you do (I nursed) until baby is aaaalmost asleep. Then gently stop.

Baby will protest at first, but if you repeat it about 100 times, they will eventually fall asleep ON THEIR OWN.

Following that for a few days made an immediate difference, and then in the days and weeks following they learn (at least in my case) to sleep more or less through the night. (My babies tend to wake up once or twice to eat until about a year old, but I'm okay with that. If I wasn't there are things to try for that too.)

That's a pretty short summary, the book says a lot more.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:02 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
It's a book, and it doesn't have just one system in it.

First of all it helps you ensure that the routines in your home are conducive to sleep. Making sure that things gradually wind down as opposed to getting too loud and fun closer to bedtime.

It shares some tips on a good sleeping environment for your baby and ideas of how to signal that it's bedtime.

But for me the absolute most important piece was helping baby fall asleep BY HIM/HERSELF. The way to do that is to nurse/rock/pat or whatever you do (I nursed) until baby is aaaalmost asleep. Then gently stop.

Baby will protest at first, but if you repeat it about 100 times, they will eventually fall asleep ON THEIR OWN.

Following that for a few days made an immediate difference, and then in the days and weeks following they learn (at least in my case) to sleep more or less through the night. (My babies tend to wake up once or twice to eat until about a year old, but I'm okay with that. If I wasn't there are things to try for that too.)

That's a pretty short summary, the book says a lot more.

Ok, I actually ordered that book a few days ago based on somebody's recommendation IRL.
But can you tell me how this was manageable with 2 babies? How can you spend the proper time doing it with both babies?
Were your babies in 2 different rooms?

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:19 pm
googling her website Little Owl gentle sleep coach will explain best

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 1:07 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
googling her website Little Owl gentle sleep coach will explain best

I did, I see it costs a lot
Have you personally tried it?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 1:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok, I actually ordered that book a few days ago based on somebody's recommendation IRL.
But can you tell me how this was manageable with 2 babies? How can you spend the proper time doing it with both babies?
Were your babies in 2 different rooms?

It for sure took a lot longer than with one baby! Like all things with twins, I did it one at a time. I had them both co-sleeping with me (king size bed) and it took a while of going back and forth from one baby to another.

Once I had the basic principle under control it was a lot easier.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 4:57 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
It for sure took a lot longer than with one baby! Like all things with twins, I did it one at a time. I had them both co-sleeping with me (king size bed) and it took a while of going back and forth from one baby to another.

Once I had the basic principle under control it was a lot easier.

So you mean you sleep trained them while inside your bed? Or you had one in a different room, the one you were sleep training?
Would you be open to emailing me to an anon email? Or you posting an anon email and I'll email you? It would be so helpful for me to be able to chat with someone about this.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 1:02 pm
amother blush, hoping you can help me or anyone else...
I purchased the No Cry Sleep Solution and I'm trying to do it with them. One big thing I have is that the other baby starts crying while I'm trying to work on sleep training the other. I leave the baby with toys in another room but after a few minutes the crying will start and then I can't put the other to sleep! Any ideas?

gootlfriends

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 1:07 pm
With one of my kids at 9 months we held her for 5 minutes when she woke up and then put her down. She did suck her thumb then which helped. Within 3 nights she woke up once, we let her cry for 5 minutes and that was it. I don't think any method has no crying at all, babies are programmed to cry when they are sad...

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 1:50 pm
gootlfriends wrote:
With one of my kids at 9 months we held her for 5 minutes when she woke up and then put her down. She did suck her thumb then which helped. Within 3 nights she woke up once, we let her cry for 5 minutes and that was it. I don't think any method has no crying at all, babies are programmed to cry when they are sad...

Which method were u using
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more