Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
New delta childrens crib has a certain smell

epic

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:31 pm
Hi
I purchased a new full size crib for my baby last week. Since it was assembled and put into my baby's room it has a certain lurking smell of either new wood or a fresh coat of paint. For first few days every time I entered that room, the smell hit me. It's not an offensive bad odor but I kind decide if what I'm smelling are chemicals. Interestingly enough, someone I know also recently bought a crib from this company and she had told me that the crib arrived with such an offensive harsh smell that she had to leave it in an empty room with open windows for a week to air out and it didn't help a bit. She ended up returning it. Since she told me about it , I'm panicking. I in no way want my child to sleep in a crib thats toxic. However, my crib never smelled so awful. I don't know if it's chemicals that I'm smelling or ots just a normal smell that any piece of new furniture can have. At this point the crib is fully assembled and I didn't save the shipping box. The company is willing to accept the return if I feel I want to return it. What would you people advise me to do? I'm so confused.. anyone ever had this?

lucky14

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 12:08 am
I would return it. I’ve only had that experience once with a piece of furniture and it was a wooden bench. For something that a baby or child or even an adult will be sleeping in with their face so close to it I would not take the risk. Even if the company claims it’s toxic-free paint or materials or whatever. I would still return.
Sorry that you may have to deal with the hassle of that though. That’s a pain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics