Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Need a stroller recommendation

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:37 pm
My older one is almost three, and I will be having a baby soon.

I feel like I still need a double (as opposed to just a buggy board) as I do a lot of walking (parking is crazy by me, so it's not always worth driving and there are a lot of stores in walking distance). In addition, ds does not enjoy the buggy board, plus if I'm shopping, I rather have a real seat I can strap him into so he doesn't run around. I anticipate him using the stroller for another 1-2 yrs.

The uppababy seemed like the perfect stroller - Nice size basket (important to me as I will use the stroller a lot when shopping), the two seats come apart - so as ds gets older and I'm only very local ds can walk and I could leave one seat home and when ds outgrows the stroller in 1-2 yrs, I don't need to buy a single for the baby. The problem is that the second seat only allows up to 35 pounds, and ds is already 31 pounds.

Is there any stroller thats like the uppababy but allows more weight on the second seat? (someone told me about the silver cross, but that seems hard to push, so was wondering if there's anything else...)

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:54 pm
I adored the silver cross, but I admit I only used it for 1 kid. I intensely dislike the vista for 2 kids.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 3:07 am
Bump

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 3:43 am
What about a sit and stand type? A lot of them have a seat with a strap for the big kid too

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 3:53 am
I personally wouldn't use an in-line stroller as with an older child, the weight distribution will be uneven and make the stroller very hard to push. Most people say the uppababy vista isn't that easy to push in double mode.
You could possibly consider the city select if you really wanted the inline stroller.
Otherwise I personally like the city mini double-it's got good sized seats even for a larger child, folds easily and relatively small. If you want a better push the gt is better, but it's slightly bulkier.

ETA: weight limit on the city select is 45ilbs and the city mini double is 50ilbs so that gives you a much better range to work with.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 4:16 am
I loved my city mini double and idea it till my older kid was four I think. Lightweight, ready push, easy fold, nice sized basket. The only issue is it's a bit wide so you don't necessarily fit everywhere.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 5:05 am
I met my neighbor yesterday, she was pushing a one year old and 7! year old in a bugaboo donkey. Would you consider that? That can also be a single if and when you need if
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics