Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Chuck eye roast

happy chick

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 6:53 pm
Can someone help me with an easy, tasty recipe? Preferably in the oven, but stovetop is also good.

ettilou

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 7:05 pm
I would either cut up to make a stew on the stove top or cook in the oven “low ands slow”. We like sweet meats so I’d take a can of cranberry sauce, some ketchup, and a bit of red wine. I’d season the meat with salt pepper garlic powder and onion powder. Place in a pan that the sauce will go up the sides. Put in oven at 300 til tender. I can’t tell you how long because I don’t know how many pounds. But say let’s4 hour’s andirons you can turn to 250 ands leave in longer.

nicole81

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 7:06 pm
Do you have a sous vide? It's the only way I like this roast.

cbg

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 9:18 pm
Chuck eye roast
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Any other spices you like
Your favorite dressing 1/2 a bottle (I use Walden Farms 0 calories, different flavors)
Or you can mix a little bit of balsamic vinegar with chicken broth. The acid softens the meat

Put in a zip lock bag marinate overnight

Next day - place in a pyrex, and foil tightly
Bake 300 degrees for 45 min per lb.
Refigerate over night or at least 8 hrs.
Slice and place back into sauce (can freeze at this point).
Reheat in sauce

I have a slicing machine that slices thinly

After the roast is done I save the sauce and freeze it. The next time I want to make a roast I use that.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 8:23 am
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-lKFE8FLr1/

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 8:35 am
I adapted this pot roast from I think green KBD, but a bit simplified.

Rub about a tbsp flour onto the roast on all sides. Put a little oil in pot and a diced onion. Brown the roast on all sides in the oil and onion, turn as you go….. Add water to cover about 2/3 of the way up the roast, and sprinkle with 3-4 Tbsp. onion soup mix (or whatever soup mix you have in the house.) Bring to a boil. Simmer on low for about 3 hours. About half way thru, turn over the roast, and add your favorite vegetables. I like to put in a few small potatoes, some chunks of carrots. (suggestions - sweet potato, parsnip, celery, etc...my family prefers just carrots and potatoes.)

I like to chill the roast when done before slicing, but it can be sliced right out of the pot and served with the vegetables, and any remaining sauce as gravy.

I have another chuck eye roast recipe that is delicious, but gotta go find it....It's a pour-over sauce that I put up the night before, and bake in a 215F oven overnight. Delicious and buttery soft....

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 2:51 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I have another chuck eye roast recipe that is delicious, but gotta go find it....It's a pour-over sauce that I put up the night before, and bake in a 215F oven overnight. Delicious and buttery soft....

If you can find the recipe, I'd appreciate it. It sounds delicious!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 3:17 pm
Sautee an onion in a little oil.
Add: 1 cup tomato sauce
3/4 Cup brown sugar (I like meat more savory than sweet. I reduce this to about 1/3 cup)
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
recipe calls for handful of dried apricots and/or craisins. I omit this.

Combine all ingredients. Pour over roast. Seal tightly with foil. Bake in 215F oven overnight or at least 9-10 hours.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 3:24 pm
Thank you!

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Mar 25 2022, 6:39 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Do you have a sous vide? It's the only way I like this roast.

Agreed. 134 for a couple of days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics