Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do you believe in ayin hara
Previous  1  2

Do you believe in ayin hara?
Yes  
 51%  [ 34 ]
No  
 36%  [ 24 ]
Other - explain  
 12%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 66

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 8:53 pm
ayinhorahis only on certain specific things set down by chazal. not on everythingyou feel nervous about.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 9:50 pm
It’s definitely a real thing. It’s not voodoo though and some people take it to a crazy extreme.

To my understanding, if Person A notices something that Person B has and then becomes jealous, the heavenly court will “take notice” of what Person B has and decide if they are actually worthy of having that thing. Ayin Hara has the potential to remove something that a person has (looks, money, children…) due to the judgement coming from up top. That’s why many are very careful not to flaunt to avoid any such jealousy. It’s not necessarily the persons fault if someone is jealous. It’s more like a natural consequence.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics