Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Is hitting okay?
1  2  3  4  Next

If someone says something that offends you or someone close to you, how do you react?
I hit them  
 2%  [ 3 ]
I use my words  
 69%  [ 84 ]
Other  
 28%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 121

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 1:31 am
When someone says something we don't like, do we hit them or use our words? Apparently, there are a lot of people who say it's right to hit.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 1:36 am
On what planet?!?
Did I miss something?

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 1:40 am
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
On what planet?!?
Did I miss something?

There are people defending Will Smith for choosing to hit Chris Rock at the Oscars.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 1:40 am
Whaaaaaaat?

Who actually hits people? Adults? Like a fist fight?

No. That's super weird. I think it's called assault and you can be arrested for it.

I voted "other" because for the most part, I ignore those people.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 2:21 am
He just got up from his seat, walked over, slapped him, and sat down.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 2:42 am
He was absolutely wrong and he's being called out for it big time. Insulting people with medical conditions is also wrong, but Will had so many ways to respond that would have sent Chris Rock reeling. Unfortunately he chose the path that turned C R into the victim and hero. The only time it's ok to hit is when a two year old runs into the street. That's literally it. And even then it should be done to scare him/her, gently but with scary eyes and words to make the point.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 2:55 am
It sounds like it was age and maturity appropriate. But the preschool teacher there needs to teach everyone to keep their hands to themselves.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 5:42 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
When someone says something we don't like, do we hit them or use our words? Apparently, there are a lot of people who say it's right to hit.

I'm really not seeing a lot of people saying it's right at all. Everyone in my circle is up in arms and/or calling it toxic masculinity and/or asking why he was allowed to remain.

Too bad for everyone that won anything that night, that their evening will be overshadowed by one man's violence. The bad always makes the biggest headlines.

Meanwhile, the way Lady Gaga stepped in to help Liza Minelli who was clearly struggling was beautiful and gracious. I'm not sure what Liza is struggling with, but when I googled it, it seems she had encephalitis not too long ago.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 5:47 am
it is a horrible thing to do.
and its a sign of the culture.
if you equate words and getting offended to violence this may be an outcome.
the culture cancels people who are" offensive" He got offended.
I didn''t watch it. I think I read that CR insulted his wifes hair.
its a joke. that is why they said comedy is becoming a dead art.
people can't handle anything anymore.
he got so angy and up in arms from a joke. but we cant makes jokes anymore.
we need to be scared to speak...because people will get mad and then what....
we are on a bad road...

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 6:01 am
I assumed it was staged, but either way, it's outrageous.

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 7:12 am
“Feelings” are everything today.
No one cares about morals, integrity, standing up for the truth, or the different between right and wrong.
It’s all about the feelings.

BrachaBatya

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 7:56 am
Is this a joke?

cupcake123

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 8:05 am
What exactly happened? Is there a video or something?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 8:09 am
https://www.hollywoodreporter....../amp/

Hitting is assault and I am in no way justifying it. However, from what I just read, Will Smith was defending his wife against more than just a bad joke. The comedian didn't just insult a bad haircut, he made fun of a woman who had to shave her head because of a medical condition called alopecia. That really isn't so funny.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 8:12 am
I don’t think that Will should have still won best actor after that. They should have passed the award into another actor.

number

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 8:44 am
I’m assuming alcohol was involved. Alcohol has a tendency to turn adults into toddlers.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 8:47 am
dancingqueen wrote:
I don’t think that Will should have still won best actor after that. They should have passed the award into another actor.

But Hollywood is ok with violence, its only words that they dont like. This is why Kanye got banned and they allow Chris Rock to be attacked but Will Smith won the oscar. Sad but it shouldnt come as a surprise after blm riots were called "mostly peaceful" and they got away with the violence (while J6 protesters are rotting in prison for trespassing).
Either way, arent we told on a daily basis that there are no black people in Hollywood? So I guess this couldnt have happened since they are both black and thats not a thing in Hollywood. How much longer will the left try to gaslight everyone else to get what they want? At least now everyone knows that there are very successful black people in Hollywood. In fact, these black people are so successful that they can get away with physically assaulting people and still win Oscars and be cast in movies.

sequoia

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 8:50 am
Meh

Staged.

singleagain

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 9:00 am
dancingqueen wrote:

The voting was done and over.

There is no way that they could have changed that.

I was honestly surprised that Chris Rock was even there considering that he was fired from being host a few years ago.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Mar 28 2022, 9:45 am
singleagain wrote:
The voting was done and over.

There is no way that they could have changed that.

I was honestly surprised that Chris Rock was even there considering that he was fired from being host a few years ago.

I know they had already voted I think they should have done a last minute switcheroo after his behavior.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics