Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Gift for in laws

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:07 pm
Going to my in laws for yt. Any ideas for a gift we can bring along?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:30 pm
Depends on their means. If not people of means, bringing shmurah matzah or wine might be much appreciated.

Think about the last time you were there. Do they seem to have everything newish and in good condition, or might they be able to use some quality hand towels, with or without YT-theme embroidery? Or a set or two of oven mitts or dishtowels?

Steer clear of things like vases, napkin holders , candy dishes and servingware unless you know for a fact that your mil needs these things. By the time a person is a mil she usually has more of such items than she knows what to do with. Ask your dh: do your inlaws have a nice Kos Shel Eliyahu, matzah deckel, afikomen bag? Do they use pillows at the seder, and if so, do they have fancy Seder pillowcases? Make sure they're washable if you do get these. Nobody appreciates a pillowcase that can't be washed, and the thought of something touching food that can't be washed--yuck.

A framed picture of you and your dh and dc if any will usually be appreciated.

I'd prefer consumables over objects that will take up space in my less-than-palatial home. Something like a fruit-and-nut assortment or fruit-nut-chocolate assortment is just the ticket. I wouldn't buy it for myself, and I can serve it, use it up, and not have to find a place to put it after Pesach.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:32 pm
Lucite matza holder

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 10:12 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Lucite matza holder

Exactly the sort of thing I wouldn't appreciate at all and would regift asap if it came from anyone other than my dil. Coming from my dil, I'd be stuck with it, UNhappily. YMMV.

chocolatine

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 10:15 pm
Maybe a new tablecloth?

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 11:05 pm
what price range?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics