Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I can't believe I am asking this
1  2  Next

justforfun87

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 10:50 am
I am embarrassed to even ask such a question as I usually could care less about style but I thought these looked cute. I was wondering if it is tacky that it says Coach on them? Sort of reminds me of Michael Kors all over Marshall merchandise which looks like you want to wear designed but can't afford it.
So...I guess I care....
Tacky?
https://www.zappos.com/p/coach.....r/158

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 10:56 am
justforfun87 wrote:
I am embarrassed to even ask such a question as I usually could care less about style but I thought these looked cute. I was wondering if it is tacky that it says Coach on them? Sort of reminds me of Michael Kors all over Marshall merchandise which looks like you want to wear designed but can't afford it.
So...I guess I care....
Tacky?

I love Michael Kors bags. They are so functional and I got compliments on them. Buying a low to mid level bag doesn't mean tacky. It just means you are interested in something that looks decent but not super high end and don't want to spend a fortune.

Those shoes are cute also.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:02 am
Love them! Not tacky at all. Look like Tod's shoes.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:03 am
justforfun87 wrote:
So...I guess I care....
Tacky?

I think it’s fine because it says coach once in small. It’s more of a classy design, not like those that have the company name plastered all over the shoe a million times. The color is beautiful!!!

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:04 am
Cute, classy shoe. Would wear. Love the color.
(And I wouldn't wear something with the designer written all over, but one spot isn't the same as the whole material. At all.)

honeymoon

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:06 am
I usually dislike clothing or shoes with words on them but these are really pretty and I would wear them. The words are so small, they are practically unnoticeable.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:12 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I love Michael Kors bags. They are so functional and I got compliments on them. Buying a low to mid level bag doesn't mean tacky. It just means you are interested in something that looks decent but not super high end and don't want to spend a fortune.

Those shoes are cute also.

I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I am the furthest from stylish but I personally found it tacky to have names SPLATTERED all over an item. Maybe I am jot jealous but I feel like people who have real money and don't show it off seem to have items that aren't as showy. For example driving an Acura in my mind is classier than a Telsa...

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:15 am
justforfun87 wrote:
I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I am the furthest from stylish but I personally found it tacky to have names SPLATTERED all over an item. Maybe I am jot jealous but I feel like people who have real money and don't show it off seem to have items that aren't as showy. For example driving an Acura in my mind is classier than a Telsa...

I've seen plenty of Gucci clothes with the entire thing full of their symbols.
It's a style.
I happen not to like clothes with words on them, I find it classier without, but to each their own.
Just see how celebrities manage to pull off clothes like that.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:22 am
Personally I wouldn’t wear them because of the writing . But it’s a sensitivity of mine . If you’re uncomfortable with it , don’t buy it just because other people are fine with it.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:25 am
Personally, I think wearing items that have the brand all over tacky. Even when I do buy brand items, I don't buy the ones with a huge logo or name. Small tiny logo is fine, but huge names or logo or name all over, just no.

Sesame

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:48 am
They’re really nice

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 11:55 am
I think having it splattered all over is a style. Less about tacky and more about liking it.

Lois Vitton, Gucci, coach have splattered bags and they aren't necessarily cheap.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 12:34 pm
I think having it splattered all over is a style. Less about tacky and more about liking it.

Lois Vitton, Gucci, coach have splattered bags and they aren't necessarily cheap.

I get it if you're an artist, a singer and doing it for style... But us frum ladies? Not a look.

Also sends the wrong message to others, provokes jealousy. I don't even wear the brand all over style even if I am gifted the items

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 12:38 pm
They are really nice
I bought them in black recently Very Happy

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 12:50 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
So...I guess I care....
Tacky?

The shoes are fine, Coach is not huge it's just there but it's not large or anything.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 1:24 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
I get it if you're an artist, a singer and doing it for style... But us frum ladies? Not a look.

Also sends the wrong message to others, provokes jealousy. I don't even wear the brand all over style even if I am gifted the items

I really doubt a bag like this is invoking jealousy. It costs $130. Not exactly luxury but it's still cute and functional.

https://www.michaelkors.com/pr.....aw.ds

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 9:23 pm
I really doubt a bag like this is invoking jealousy. It costs $130. Not exactly luxury but it's still cute and functional.

https://www.michaelkors.com/pr.....aw.ds

It's cute, but all the MKs seem like someone would even care. Idk, not something I would wear.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 9:24 pm
They’re so pretty!

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Mar 30 2022, 9:55 pm
They're really nice and classy. The logo is tiny, it just adds a little gold touch to the shoes. Enjoy them Smile

Hadasah

Post Fri, Apr 08 2022, 2:24 pm
I'm a huge shoe lover.
Literally...dont care about the rest, but go nuts for shoes.
That being said- I totally loooove these!
Clean, classic and pretty.
It's not like Coach is printed across in huge...
It's small and just gives it that bit of personality.
Go for it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics