Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Lakewood Voice-no internet, yes $800 coat
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 4:44 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
You are all missing the point of the story
Basic human nature

You cant forbid everything..
If you are so vehemently against internet, then darn tootin there better be compensation
If I was a hs girl now, I would want internet or a whole closet of Montcler coats

I don't get the connection. What does not having internet have to do with designer name clothing? If you'd say they need different forms of entertainment, or different forms of communication methods, that connects.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 5:39 pm
I didn’t read all posts, so I don’t know if this was noted already: I’ve seen a few that question why someone would make up such a story. It’s not made up, it happened. Under title, states, “as told to Shani Pruzansky”.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 6:02 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I didn’t read all posts, so I don’t know if this was noted already: I’ve seen a few that question why someone would make up such a story. It’s not made up, it happened. Under title, states, “as told to Shani Pruzansky”.

Never believe anything you read in a magazine.

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 6:03 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

That doesn’t make it true…..

BaltoMom65

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 6:21 pm
The frum community has become so materialistic and shallow, it's becoming harder to relate to it

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 7:32 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Everybody let out all your anti-Lakewood opinions! Cmon all you Lakewood yeshivish system haters, now’s your chance!!

Nothing to do with being anti Lakewood. I don't see Lakewood bashing going on. People are bringing up real issues that were brought up in a publication. The only reason people mention lakewood is that it happened to be in the Lakewood Voice. But it probably going on in Monsey, Brooklyn and other areas too.
These are societal issues. Chinuch issues.

If you would just step away from a hyper focusing on that "this is just anti Lakewood" you would see how problematic this situation is...

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 11:36 pm
Does anyone know what the apology was in the voice about this week? Was it about this story?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 11:46 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
Does anyone know what the apology was in the voice about this week? Was it about this story?

No. It was about an anti-Biden photo with a curse word on it…

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Apr 03 2022, 11:52 pm
Lol thanks so much! Me and my husb went through the whole voice trying to figure it out!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room