Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Florida new development
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 12:19 am
Anyone know how I can make a connection with people that are moving there?

I would like to know what type of a chassidish crowd is moving, and how they are approaching it....

There are a lot of things to keep in mind and I would love to discuss it with someone that already made the decision

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 7:42 am
I have contact info for people in Wimaumau. If you want to PM me, I can share the info I have.

sbk1

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 1:46 pm
happyone wrote:
Well with all good intentions, do you know ANYONE settled there??? As far as I know the original pioneers are gone from the area. I don't think there's Minyan weekly. It's not simple. I hope someone can come in and salvage it.

I am moving (IYH) to this area in 8 weeks. It is called Wimauma Florida. It's approx 30 min south of Tampa. There are approx 20-25 or so frum families there. There is absolutely 100% a daily and shabbos minyan. Many of the people there are Chasidish but some are not. We are not Chasidish just regular Torah Jews. However, we are really looking forward to this new somewhat rural area where we bought a beautiful 4 bedroom, 3 bath home with an office and a gorgeous screen covered pool for under $600K. Brand new. There are many families with young children that I think, but am not 100% sure, have a small cheder for them. Many of the families are the original families. I know they don't have a Rabbi but they are hoping with growth one will move there. My husband has smicha and we have who to call if we need them. We are 65 & 70 and there are a few our age there as well.
Many of the homes in my new neighborhood are owned by frum jews and they use the homes as rentals and holilday homes.
The area is close to beautiful beaches on the Gulf of Mexico - white sands blue water. There is plenty of kosher food. Orlando is less than a 2 hour drive - Boca is 3 1/2 hours.
I know most people have to have an all frum community with schools, mikveh restaurants, etc very close by but we have had that for years and it didn't help our emunah. Plus we don't need any of those "extras" anymore. Please be kind with your comments. Meshaneh makom Meshaneh Mazel.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 2:00 pm
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
If you are litvish and want to move to Tampa, a day school and kollel is opening next year.

You can reach out to (813) 485- 5817 via WhatsApp or email info@tampatorahacademy.org or you can check out their website tampatorahacademy.org

This is a new Chofetz Chaim initiative, not to be confused with the Chasidish community that was termed “a fiasco” in a previous post.

sbk1

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 2:13 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
Anyone know how I can make a connection with people that are moving there?

I would like to know what type of a chassidish crowd is moving, and how they are approaching it....

There are a lot of things to keep in mind and I would love to discuss it with someone that already made the decision

I'm moving there in 8 weeks.

mitzva

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 2:21 pm
sbk1 wrote:
I'm moving there in 8 weeks.

hatzlocha raba!!

amother
Darkblue

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 11:21 pm
Does anyone know what type of crowd its gonna be? Is it geared for very chassidish or also chassidish lite heimish?

sbk1

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 8:45 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
Does anyone know what type of crowd its gonna be? Is it geared for very chassidish or also chassidish lite heimish?

If you're talking about Wimauma The people there are chasidim with a few just regular orthodox. The davening is sefard. Not sure about the community in Okeechobee.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 12:42 am
Any updates?

Anyone know how it's coming along?

sbk1

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 9:27 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
Any updates?

Anyone know how it's coming along?

We are moving to Creek Preserve in Wimauma in 10 days. It's a lovely brand new development with a group of frum Jews that are from all backgrounds. We bought a beautiful brand new home. There are 2 minyanim in the 2 neighborhoods and a daily minyan where everyone is together. There will be a shul and the eruv is completed. They daven sefard. We are near gorgeous beaches. Many families buying there for vacations, many moving permanently.

amother
Watermelon

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 9:57 am
sbk1 wrote:
We are moving to Creek Preserve in Wimauma in 10 days. It's a lovely brand new development with a group of frum Jews that are from all backgrounds. We bought a beautiful brand new home. There are 2 minyanim in the 2 neighborhoods and a daily minyan where everyone is together. There will be a shul and the eruv is completed. They daven sefard. We are near gorgeous beaches. Many families buying there for vacations, many moving permanently.

Nice!! It's a gorgeous place!!
The people who live in the area are so nice!!
I've visited the Sereno development a few times.

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 10:16 am
Mazel tov. I spoke to people there and they are very nice. One person, in particular, said her family is really thriving once they left all the New York in-town mishegas behind. Life is more laid back there. More healthy. No rush, rush, rush, chasing after the next dollar and living for Joneses.

GLUE

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 11:45 am
I just have some question:

Are women who move there drives or if not yet will be if needed getting their license?

Is everything walking distance? If you have Preteens can they walk to everything and you will not have to drive them most places?

If this is a walking community are there going to be nice shade trees to help make the walking easier?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:07 pm
GLUE wrote:

Are women who move there drives or if not yet will be if needed getting their license?

Is everything walking distance? If you have Preteens can they walk to everything and you will not have to drive them most places?

If this is a walking community are there going to be nice shade trees to help make the walking easier?

As someone who lives in FL, I can tell you it doesn't matter if there is shade or not. When it's hot, it's oppressive. And if you are walking to the grocery you'll need to bring an insulated bag with icers or your food will spoil on your walk home. (I do this even though it's just a 10 minute walk to the grocery.)

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:07 pm
The person I spoke to said they have to drive everywhere. I don't know if the women drive or not, but driving is important. I was told there is a kosher grocery a half hour or an hour away (don't remember which) and a tiny kosher store about ten minutes away with just Chabad shechita fleish and chalav Yisroel products.

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:08 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
As someone who lives in FL, I can tell you it doesn't matter if there is shade or not. When it's hot, it's oppressive. And if you are walking to the grocery you'll need to bring an insulated bag with icers or your food will spoil on your walk home. (I do this even though it's just a 10 minute walk to the grocery.)

So... Why? Why live in an oppressively hot environment? What are the benefits? I find it very confusing. I don't understand heat.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 1:26 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
So... Why? Why live in an oppressively hot environment? What are the benefits? I find it very confusing. I don't understand heat.

Just telling you the reality. I moved to FL for various reasons, so I deal with the weather, but I don't like it. (I do drive, though, but traffic can be bad so sometimes I just walk so as to not deal with it.) If you have visited FL in the winter or early spring, it's lovely and not too hot but for probably the other 8 months of the year, it's oppressive and nothing like. I just think people should be aware especially if they are figuring on walking to get places.

sbk1

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 4:15 pm
GLUE wrote:

It is Florida not NY and it's a rural community. Yes you have to drive.
Yes women drive. Nothing is walking distance. Although most things are a 5-10 minute drive.

sbk1

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 4:17 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:

Because there is air conditioning and the area is beautiful and you can own a beautiful home for reasonable $$.

sbk1

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 4:19 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
The person I spoke to said they have to drive everywhere. I don't know if the women drive or not, but driving is important. I was told there is a kosher grocery a half hour or an hour away (don't remember which) and a tiny kosher store about ten minutes away with just Chabad shechita fleish and chalav Yisroel products.

The "tiny" kosher store has all types of kosher
products not just Chabad. That is False info. They deliver to your home. The regular stores have everything else. The other store that is 30 min away is a regular store with kosher products. Not worth the drive. The delivery store has plenty.
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating