Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Oven cleaner that's not dangerous??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 5:52 pm
I keep hearing horror stories about easy off/St. Moritz.
How can I clean my oven with something that work that's not dangerous?
I don't have self clean.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 5:59 pm
I have used Easy Off Fume Free for many years on my non-self-cleaning ovens. Hasn't landed me in the hospital or given me an asthma attack yet. What horror stories have you heard? It's much safer than St Moritz.

Easy Off Fume Free: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C.....b_5_t

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 6:02 pm
If you're willing to put in some serious scrubbing, you can do it naturally. I find it's easier to use this method on upkeep after a fresh spill than to use it to clean a whole oven from scratch. But it works with hard work. Might have to do it twice.

Mix baking soda with just enough water to make a paste in an oven-safe bowl; add vinegar (Heinz is not made from chometz). Use a sponge to dab the mixture on all dirt in the oven and along the bottom of the oven.
Place oven-safe bowl with the remaining mixture on an oven rack. Set your oven for 210 F degrees and let it run for 45 minutes.
Wipe up all the loose gunk, and your oven is clean.
https://youtu.be/wp0FT2tQ-8c
This works very well for regular basis to keep oven shiny clean. If it's very dirty it can take a few tries and a very strong elbow.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 7:23 pm
Thanks!!

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 7:49 pm
Easy off no fumes worked amazing.
I didn’t use gloves. No smell.
Sprayed on and wiped off 1 hr later.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 9:24 pm
NSR degreaser spray

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 9:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you're willing to put in some serious scrubbing, you can do it naturally. I find it's easier to use this method on upkeep after a fresh spill than to use it to clean a whole oven from scratch. But it works with hard work. Might have to do it twice.

Mix baking soda with just enough water to make a paste in an oven-safe bowl; add vinegar (Heinz is not made from chometz). Use a sponge to dab the mixture on all dirt in the oven and along the bottom of the oven.
Place oven-safe bowl with the remaining mixture on an oven rack. Set your oven for 210 F degrees and let it run for 45 minutes.
Wipe up all the loose gunk, and your oven is clean.
https://youtu.be/wp0FT2tQ-8c
This works very well for regular basis to keep oven shiny clean. If it's very dirty it can take a few tries and a very strong elbow.

I use this method, takes alot of upper body strength. I use hot water instead if regular
And one of those steel wool soap sponges from the Jewish stores (change when the soap runs out)

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 9:45 pm
My natural cleaning method.

Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and spray oven very well.

Fill some disposable pans with water and place on racks.

Turn oven to 250 for 45 minutes.

open oven and let cool a bit

Use #2 coarse steel wool dipped in container of hot water from kettle then dipped into baking soda.

Scrub oven.

Take some damp paper towels or shmatta and wipe oven down.

Yes, takes some elbow grease - but don't have to worry about easy-off fumes in my food.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 10:29 pm
I keep a sheet of aluminum foil on bottom of oven to catch the spills.

Also cover under the stove top with aluminum foil - makes cleaning much easier.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 11:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I keep hearing horror stories about easy off/St. Moritz.
How can I clean my oven with something that work that's not dangerous?
I don't have self clean.

Boiling water and oxi clean let us sit for like 15 min and then clean off (put it in a spray bottle for the stove or inside the oven)...it’s magic
This is amazing for shining stainless steal and for getting rid of black residue on pots and pans...(for pots and pans fill them up with boiling water and put in oxi and let us soak like that)

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 11:02 pm
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
Boiling water and oxi clean let us sit for like 15 min and then clean off (put it in a spray bottle for the stove or inside the oven)...it’s magic
This is amazing for shining stainless steal and for getting rid of black residue on pots and pans...(for pots and pans fill them up with boiling water and put in oxi and let us soak like that)

Oxiclean powder?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 11:54 pm
The same oxiclean as laundry?

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Apr 11 2022, 2:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The same oxiclean as laundry?

Yep the powder

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Apr 11 2022, 9:52 am
I second the NSR spray. I used in addition shaklee scour off. They're both expensive but I ain't using st Moritz bli neder.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics