Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Can someone give me info about Dallas?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 10 2022, 9:34 pm
I would love to know more about the community. Are jobs easy to get There? What is the housing like? We are a yeshivish family with kids 10-1 years old.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 2:45 pm
Tons of young families. More young families moving to the north Eruv because it’s more affordable, but south also has a lot. Thriving nice community with nice people. I don’t know what jobs you are looking for , but it’s a big city so definitely job opportunities.
Good luck!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 3:14 pm
What are the costs of the housing? What are schools like?

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 3:15 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]I would love to know more about the community. Are jobs easy to get There? What is the housing like? We are a yeshivish family with kids 10-1 years old.[/quote

Hi! I love Dallas, it's a very beautiful, clean city with a strong economy. Tons of jobs, especially for professionals. The quality of life is very high there- nice new suburban neighborhoods.

Housing will really differ based on neighborhood- there are several. In the past, most yeshivish families lived in the South eruv, and many still do. There is a beautiful shul and yeshivish kollel there, but recently the neighborhood got very expensive. Some opt to live in the townhouses there, called Harvest Hill, for affordablity.

The north eruv is more of a mix of shuls and people. There is some yeshivish options (smaller I think) but most of the people in the north eruv are more affiliated with the Chofetz Chaim yeshiva/shul. It is definitely a big mix of people. Housing is more affordable here.

There is also Plano, which is small, and has more of a kiruv type feel. Housing is most affordable there.

The day school is mixed, with the staff being mostly from the yeshivish community. The kids are from all types of families. It has a small, warm feel, with about 20-30 kids in a grade.

Basic amenities are readily available for frum lifestyle, but this is absolutely an out of town community, so you need to be okay with getting along with all types of people.

Hatzlacha!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 3:29 pm
How much is housing?

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 9:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much is housing?

Huge range. Really depends on the neighborhood! Like I said, from most expensive to least expensive- South, north, Plano. You should call a realtor locally.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 4:38 pm
Housing in the south is about 1 million for a 3,000 sq foot nice house. Over 2 million for a 6,000 sq foot new build.
North is a little less, and plano even less.
Torah day school is out of town yeshivish, and akiba academy is modern orthodox. Both schools are growing .

amother
Quince

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:21 pm
What's the best way to find out about houses coming on the market in the south? I check Zillow from time to time, but there's rarely much available. I don't want to bother a realtor yet since I'm not yet ready to commit, but I'd be interested in browsing what's on the market to see if something speaks to me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating