Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Delectable easy sauces to smother plain baked chicken with?

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 6:18 am
I plan on making loads of plain baked chicken and plain shnitzel, and freezing it, and serving it at different meals smothered with different sauces.

Im looking for inspiration.

One can be Chicken Cacciatore for boned chicken (tomato sauce w oregano).

One can be cranberry based.

I dont use mushrooms or garlic though.

Tia

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 7:13 am
You can pour a mix of 1/4 cup balsamic, 3/4 cup honey, 1 Tbsp onion powder, salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper over chicken legs. Bake uncovered at 375 for 1 hour until lightly browned.

Pour 1 1/4 cups duck sauce over chicken legs and bake uncovered at 375 for 1 hour and 15 minutes until browned and crispy.

Thinly sliced 3 large onions. Toss with 3 tbsp oil, 1 Tbsp paprika, 2 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Place a quarter of the onion mixture on bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Season chicken legs generously with more salt and onion powder under chicken skin and on bottom of pieces. Arrange chicken pieces over the onions in the pan.
Scatter the remaining onions and oil over chicken. Bake uncovered at 375 for 1 hour.

Mevater

Post Fri, Apr 15 2022, 7:28 am
The above all sound yum but Im thinking to bake a lot of chicken w nothing other than onions and spices, and freeze, and then defrost as needed, and make a different sauce (once tomato, once cranberry, etc) when I reheat, for different meals.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics