Home

Need game ideas to order
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 7:58 pm
I need ideas of games and crafts to get for chol hamoed /second days of yom tov.
I have a bunch of intense kids who are always bored and the only way to prevent fights is to have really good games for them..for the first days I ordered cover your assets and the 3 boys ages 9 10 and 12 were busy with it the whole yt and it was great.
I didnt luck out as much with the older girls ages 13 and 14 or the younger kids.
I need good game recommendations for boys ages 4 and 5.
Girls ages 6 and 8.
Another new good game for the 9 10 and 12 boys.
And something for the pre teen girls.
Not books. I already got a ton.
Need good games .
Already have cover your assets
monopoly rummikub candy land uno. And a magnetic dart board.
Need good games that take time and use brains. Not connect 4 type of games because they are too simple and don't take much brain power.
Back to top

lfab




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 8:00 pm
Anomia Card Game - Best Party Games. Super Fun Game for Families, Teens, and Adults https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....psc=1

Bought my kids this game for y"t and they enjoyed it (preteens/ young teens).
Back to top

mommybrr




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 8:36 pm
This was amazing. Kept kids 7 to adult challenged. Way more difficult than it looks
https://toys4u.com/categories/......html

Great game.Same company as company as cover your assets
https://www.amazon.com/Grandpa.....05150
Back to top

biff12




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 8:40 pm
We got chameleon from target and my kids loved it! It's says ages 14+ but my girls are 10 and 11 and they loved it. Another hit was slapzi and uno flip. We also had a lot of fun with taboo. The younger boys age 5-8 were so busy with top trump's the entire first days. Hatzlacha and have fun!
Back to top

Lh291




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 8:45 pm
apples to apples
perpetual commotion
codenames
Back to top

amother




Azure
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 9:03 pm
These are some of our favorites
Dweebies
Slapzi
Sleeping Queens
Skippity
Othello
Suspend
Mastermind
Back to top

devorah1231




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 9:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need ideas of games and crafts to get for chol hamoed /second days of yom tov.
I have a bunch of intense kids who are always bored and the only way to prevent fights is to have really good games for them..for the first days I ordered cover your assets and the 3 boys ages 9 10 and 12 were busy with it the whole yt and it was great.
I didnt luck out as much with the older girls ages 13 and 14 or the younger kids.
I need good game recommendations for boys ages 4 and 5.
Girls ages 6 and 8.
Another new good game for the 9 10 and 12 boys.
And something for the pre teen girls.
Not books. I already got a ton.
Need good games .
Already have cover your assets
monopoly rummikub candy land uno. And a magnetic dart board.
Need good games that take time and use brains. Not connect 4 type of games because they are too simple and don't take much brain power.


4-5 - my kids love matching, go fish, war, stuff like this
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004.....ZADTD

6-8 pretty pretty princess, zingo, guess who, mancala

9-12 risk, perpetual commotion, ticket to ride, fitzit, stratego, blokus

13-14 same as above. Are you smarter than a 5th grader, catan, 7 wonders.

For the whole older group, collaborative games like forbidden island, teach them prez, kent, I doubt you (3 card games)

Do they like harry potter-trivia game? Also, you can get a all in one classic box with chess, checkers, ludo, etc.
Back to top

amother




Yarrow
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 9:40 pm
Older kids:
Risk
Anomia
Code names
Ticket to ride
Perpetual commotion
Taboo


Younger kids:
Slamwich
Hiss
Zingo
Rat a tat cat
Blink
Back to top

amother




Burgundy
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 9:47 pm
Skippity for age 5 - 12
Sorry - my primary and first grade girl played for hours
Make n break
Perpetual Commotion - got great use. For first grade thru sixth grade
Code names. - for mid elementary
Back to top

amother




Crimson
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 9:53 pm
We love Skyjo. It's for ages 8 and up, the adults love it also. You can play with 2 players or more. It's a quick moving card game, that's based on a mixture of luck and thinking.
Back to top

erm




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 10:16 pm
sets
racko
blink
Back to top

amother




Beige
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 10:28 pm
I bought ‘Monopoly Deal’ for my kids for pesach. It’s a card game version of monopoly that takes much less time than regular monopoly takes to play. My kids ages 8-17 were all enjoying it over yomtov.
Back to top

seeker




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Apr 17 2022, 11:11 pm
If you're looking for something long and thinky to get into, try Catan.
Ticket to Ride is easier to get into and also long and thinky.
One nice thing about Catan is that if they like it, there are expansion packs that add whole new dimensions to the game, you can get really into it and it eats up a lot of time and energy.
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 12:00 am
Ages 4-8 zingo! It's my families most played game!
Back to top

amother




Bronze
 

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 12:23 pm
Code names - needs 4 players to be fun according to my kids. Need to be able to read well.
Dixit
Dragonwood
Labyrinth
Back to top

amother




Amaryllis
 

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 12:55 pm
Dimensions. https://www.amazon.com/Dimensi.....r=8-3

It’s super pricey when you think about it being marbles and cardboard but so worth it!!!!

Takes a lot of thinking, which we love!

Each round takes just two minutes, which I love! I don’t always have the time or emotional headspace for a 20-40 minute game.

My guests, age 6 to adult love it. I can see it being challenging for kids 6-9 who don’t enjoy deep thinking.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 1:27 pm
Thank you everyone such good ideas !
Back to top

behappy2




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
We love Skyjo. It's for ages 8 and up, the adults love it also. You can play with 2 players or more. It's a quick moving card game, that's based on a mixture of luck and thinking.


Would a 6 year old girl be be able to play?
Back to top

amother




Crimson
 

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 2:10 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Would a 6 year old girl be be able to play?


I'm not sure. It's been a while since I had a 6 year old so I don't know where they're holding. I think probably yes because you don't need math skills for skyjo.
Back to top

amother




Midnight
 

Post Mon, Apr 18 2022, 3:33 pm
Dixit
Don't wake dad
Whatever next
Think fun games
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Europe shabbos ideas
by amother
12 Today at 1:13 am View last post
Thursday dinner ideas?
by smile
17 Yesterday at 10:04 pm View last post
A-Z game 1361 Yesterday at 7:08 pm View last post
Indoor day trip ideas for kids New York/nj area
by amother
5 Yesterday at 7:02 pm View last post
by mom!
Ideas for a craft related to mitzva of orlah?
by amother
2 Yesterday at 5:19 pm View last post