Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Biggest Hit- What’s the yummiest thing you ate this Pesach?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 1:24 am
B"H we had a few hits so far.

The chicken soup came out great.
The mystery meat that I posted about and should update the thread - cooked it forever until it was falling apart and everyone loved it plus two rounds of leftovers (fully voluntary.)
The unbelievable brownies shared above - just made a third batch.
Plain ol shnitzel using pesachdik non-gebrokts panko crumbs. Used duck sauce for dipping.
Egg noodles are as popular as ever.
Today I made this thing my mother made a few times, I don't know what to call it, it's layers of ground beef and fried eggplant - like if you made eggplant parmigiana with meat instead of cheese? Or meat lasagna with eggplant instead of noodles? In any case it was really good and got cleaned out.
I didn't have any real winner side dishes, though. They were all ok but no HITS.

People don't stop eating matza and butter, matza and cream cheese, matza pizza, and leben. I am trying not to worry but it's kind of horrifying for my balanced diet sensibility to see all this inhalation of crackers with fat. I'm feeling it myself and I'm not doing it nearly as much as everyone else (though I do admit I've been hitting the brownies as hard as anyone...)

smss

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 2:04 am
seeker wrote:

Today I made this thing my mother made a few times, I don't know what to call it, it's layers of ground beef and fried eggplant - like if you made eggplant parmigiana with meat instead of cheese? Or meat lasagna with eggplant instead of noodles?

Moussaka! Yum

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 7:09 am
In addition to our usual hits (smoked brisket made in our smoker, almond fried chicken or tilapia, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate mousse, matza pizza):

Pesach pancakes from Between Carpools.

Home riced cauliflower. I'm so happy that fresh cauliflower (and broccoli) are approved if properly checked. Just chop well, pulse in food processor, cook with sauteed scallions or onions, season to taste. It wasn't soggy like the frozen stuff you can buy.

piegirl

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 8:18 am
fireworker wrote:
Can you post the recipe?

Lol that is the recipe!
Frozen pineapple mango and cherries and then added ceres passion fruit juice in the blender

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 8:26 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=267716

Slightly different but similar ingredients. It actually calls for margarine, I froze oil instead. And chocolate chips instead of the cocoa.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 8:31 am
butternut1 wrote:
My mother's brisket, at the seder table after missing it for two years in a row. I think it tasted like it does every year, but it tasted extra special because we all were so happy to finally do Pesach together again.

What's the recipe?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 8:38 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Coffee cake
Fried potatoes
Cheesy eggs

Please post your coffee cake.

fireworker

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 8:40 am
piegirl wrote:
Lol that is the recipe!
Frozen pineapple mango and cherries and then added ceres passion fruit juice in the blender

You buy fresh cherries? Dont they have pits? Doesn't this mixture freeze into a solid block?

Chloe22

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 8:51 am
Ice cream

tryinghard

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 8:58 am
Grilled Black Angus steak

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 9:26 am
Pesach knishes filled with eggroll filling. I didn't have - my husband ate it at worked and enjoyed it.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 9:31 am
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
Pesach knishes filled with eggroll filling. I didn't have - my husband ate it at worked and enjoyed it.

What's the knish dough recipe, or did you mean blintz

piegirl

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 9:32 am
fireworker wrote:
You buy fresh cherries? Dont they have pits? Doesn't this mixture freeze into a solid block?

Frozen fruit with no other ingredients is k for p. I bought the frozen cherries from Costco

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 9:58 am
seeker wrote:
B"H we had a few hits so far.

The chicken soup came out great.
The mystery meat that I posted about and should update the thread - cooked it forever until it was falling apart and everyone loved it plus two rounds of leftovers (fully voluntary.)
The unbelievable brownies shared above - just made a third batch.
Plain ol shnitzel using pesachdik non-gebrokts panko crumbs. Used duck sauce for dipping.
Egg noodles are as popular as ever.
Today I made this thing my mother made a few times, I don't know what to call it, it's layers of ground beef and fried eggplant - like if you made eggplant parmigiana with meat instead of cheese? Or meat lasagna with eggplant instead of noodles? In any case it was really good and got cleaned out.
I didn't have any real winner side dishes, though. They were all ok but no HITS.

People don't stop eating matza and butter, matza and cream cheese, matza pizza, and leben. I am trying not to worry but it's kind of horrifying for my balanced diet sensibility to see all this inhalation of crackers with fat. I'm feeling it myself and I'm not doing it nearly as much as everyone else (though I do admit I've been hitting the brownies as hard as anyone...)

yum. my grandmother used to make that and my husband loved it.
Can you post the recipe pretty please?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 10:12 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Maybe this. https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-1975

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 10:32 am
Matzoh toffee always steals the show: https://www.epicurious.com/rec.....09117

eggplant rollatini with matzoh meal subbed for bread crumbs

baked buffalo cauliflower with matzoh meal subbed for bread crumbs

Amarante

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 10:36 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

There are Pesach Eggrolls made with blintz dough

Brisket Egg Rolls

Ingredients

1/2 pound brisket (2 1/2 cups cooked shredded meat)
Salt to taste
Coarse black pepper to taste
1/4 cup oil, divided, plus more for frying
1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch coarse black pepper
3 tablespoons orange juice
10 (6-inch) crepes, recipe follows

For the crepes:

12 large eggs
3/4 cups potato starch
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt

Directions
Step 1: You may skip the first step if you are using leftover meat. Season brisket with salt and pepper. In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Sear brisket for 3 minutes on each side. Lower heat, cover and cook brisket for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, checking periodically. If meat seems to be burning, lower heat further.

Step 2: Shred meat (about 2 1/2 cups). Set aside.

Step 3: In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add 1 diced white or yellow onion and 1 diced red onion and sauté 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a pinch of coarse black pepper. Sauté 5 additional minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons orange juice, then taste to adjust the seasoning. Remove from heat and stir in shredded meat.

Step 4: Prepare 10 (6-inch) crepes as directed below. (You'll have more than you need, so freeze extras or fill as desired.)

Step 5: Place 2 tablespoons of the onion-meat filling towards the bottom-center of each crepe. Roll, eggroll-style: fold up bottom to cover filling. Fold in sides, then roll upward to close.
Step 6: In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 inch of oil. When hot (eggrolls should sizzle when slipped into the pan), fry eggrolls until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.

For the crepes:

Step 1: In a blender (or using an immersion blender), beat 12 large eggs. Add 3/4 cup potato starch, 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth.

Step 2: Lightly grease a crepe pan or skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the batter and swirl the pan to coat the bottom with a thin layer. Let cook until crepe is firm and edges appear golden, about 1 minute. Flip crepe, using a slotted spatula. Cook for 15 seconds and flip over onto plate. Repeat with remaining batter, re-greasing the pan as necessary. Stack crepes as they are completed

PASSOVER “EGG ROLLS”

Excerpt From: Chicago Tribune Staff. “Good Eating's Passover Recipes.” iBooks.

10 to 12 rolls

Preparation time: 20 minutes

Cooking time: 30 minutes

Crepes:

3 eggs
1 cup water
4 tablespoons margarine, melted
1/4 cup potato starch
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Margarine for frying

Meat filling:

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 teaspoon each: garlic powder, salt, pepper

1. For crepes, put all ingredients in food processor and process for 10 to 15 seconds or beat with electric mixer until well blended.

2. To fry, melt margarine in a 6-inch well-seasoned skillet. Use about 3 tablespoons of batter for each crepe, or enough batter to cover entire pan bottom. Fry on one side until edges are brown. Loosen edges with long spatula. Slip spatula under middle of crepe and with fingers flip crepe over. Cook second side only 30 seconds.

3. Repeat until all batter is used up. Stir batter between each crepe because potato starch may settle to bottom.

4. For filling, mix all filling ingredients in small bowl. Put about 2 tablespoons of filling down the middle of each crepe, brown side up. Fold crepe up compactly, envelope-style and roll away from you.

5. Place seam-side down in a lightly oiled frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry until brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Or, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Brush with a little melted margarine to help brown and crisp.

Note: Crepes may be made ahead and frozen. Layer with plastic wrap or wax paper

mamma llama

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 10:42 am
This is my slightly edited version of Almond Flour Pancakes from Allrecipes.

(Non-gebrokts, fluffy, and taste like all-year-round!)

2 cups almond flour
2 tablespoons chocolate chips, or more to taste
1 teaspoons baking soda
2 pinch salt
2 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
2 egg
2 egg whites
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup milk (can use water to make pareve)

Mix almond flour, chocolate chips, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Mix egg, egg white, milk, honey, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Combine dry and wet mixtures.

Fry, flip, and enjoy! 😋

Yields: 8 small pancakes or 4-6 larger ones

mommish613

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 10:52 am
ra_mom wrote:
Fully ground

Do you mix this by hand or with a mixer

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 11:13 am
mommish613 wrote:
Do you mix this by hand or with a mixer

The cookie batter is easily mixed by hand.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics