Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How many times have you had Covid?
Previous  1  2

How many times have you had Covid?
 38%  [ 100 ]
 30%  [ 78 ]
 2%  [ 7 ]
 0%  [ 2 ]
Never had it  
 27%  [ 70 ]
5 or more  
 0%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 259

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 12:13 pm
I had covid in February 2021. I think the beta variant. Got vaccinated about 6 months after that. Haven’t gotten boosted yet but I plan to soon because I am pregnant.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 12:43 pm
Tested positive on PCR (neg on rapids) this past December but still have no antibodies so it's possible I had in spring 2020 when family had it and I just never got antibodies. Or could be I had false positive. But saying 1x

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 2:11 pm
Was convinced I had it in December, but all the tests came back negative, so I settled for bronchitis instead.

A couple of months later finally managed to have it. The earlier bronchitis was much worse.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 3:10 pm
Tested positive a little over two weeks ago, for the first time ever. Still recovering.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 3:27 pm
Never had it BH. Neither has anyone in my immediate family including my parents/in laws (all over 65 and some with comorbid conditions).

Husband and I took basic precautions, didnt do shul during surges, until recently didnt have unvaccinated adult guests over... our biggest exposure was the kids school but BH no one caught it from classmates that we are aware of (we didnt test antibodies but if we were symptomatic we tested ourselves for covid).

All adults (husband and both sets of parents, everyone besides me) are triple vaccinated. I didnt get my booster because currently expecting. (Wasnt eligible before I found out I was pregnant. )

ora_43

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 3:58 pm
Twice. First time probably alpha, second time I'm assuming omicron.

I think it's pretty common to get omicron even if you've had other variants, or been vaccinated. Getting the same variant twice is a lot less common AFAIK.

FWIW I was exposed to omicron about a year after getting alpha and didn't get it, then exposed again two months later and did get it. I'm not sure if the difference was in the variant, the amount of time past since I recovered/was vaccinated, or what.

Anyway, good news is, omicron is pretty mild, so unless you're high risk or living with people who are who even cares.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 7:34 pm
March 2020
November 2020
January 2022
And I was feeling sickish right before Pesach but Ididn't even think of testing. Some of my kids tested positive this week so I guess that would mean I may have had it 4 times What but the last time is not confirmed so not sure I can vote.
A+ bloodtype

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 8:49 pm
Bh bli ayin hara neither I nor anyone in my household had it ever as far as we know

I tested for antibodies a few times but was always nothing. I even tested for covid when I was sick a few times.
Bh Bh Bh

We’re in lkwd, no masks no social distancing 🤪

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 8:49 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Bh bli ayin hara neither I nor anyone in my household had it ever as far as we know

I tested for antibodies a few times but was always nothing. I even tested for covid when I was sick a few times.
Bh Bh Bh

We’re in lkwd, no masks no social distancing 🤪

Are you guys O blood type?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 8:57 pm
We all had it in March 2020. Whatever variant was going around at that first lockdown. We didn't test for COVID at the time - we were just told to stay home - but we had all the symptoms, and tested positive for antibodies.

Now over first days of Pesach I and some other family members came down with a mild virus....possible low grade fever, congestion, a little cough. Felt a little hot and woozy, took advil and claritin to manage. I noticed today that I don't smell anything, though otherwise I'm feeling much better.....wondering if I have/had COVID.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 9:24 pm
Pita wrote:
Now all the people who said 5 are showing up as actually HAVING had it 5 times!

It's been fixed now. Never had it means never had it. 5 or more means 5 or more. My guess is that the 2 people who have said 5 or more meant 0. I very much doubt we will get any more 5 or mores.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 9:27 pm
Thank you everyone for your answers and comments. I find the science of Covid to be so unscientific in a way, although me and my family are all fully vaxxed.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 10:17 pm
Had it twice and a year apart from each other.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 10:33 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Are you guys O blood type?

I am but my dh and kids are not

My mother has same blood type as I do O- and and she got covid in October 2020 and then got two vaccines when they were available - I guess March 21 or so?- (reacted terribly to them) and got omicron in December 2021... not getting a third vax.

kreindel meidel

Post Tue, Apr 19 2022, 10:41 pm
Had it twice first time April 2021 I took the vaccine September 2021 and got it again January 2022

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 2:34 am
I’m confused, why is blood type relevant to this discussion?

I had COVID in March 2020. Don’t think I’ve had it again since.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 3:05 am
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
I’m confused, why is blood type relevant to this discussion?

I had COVID in March 2020. Don’t think I’ve had it again since.

Some people have a theory that some blood types are more vulnerable to Corona than others. So far there is no scientific evidence either way.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 5:32 am
I have never had it, three times vaxxed, not planning on getting the fourth unless there is a violent variant going around (I live in Israel and it’s offered, my elderly family members got it, and I do think it worked well enough for them to have a pretty mild case of BA2/omicron or but catch it at all despite bringing exposed).
DH (despite being double vaxxed) and those of my kids who were too young to be vaxxed got delta in August. He had symptoms so do one of our children., who lost their sense of taste for over a month.
Edited to say that I am O, a sibling who is also O says that we never got it because we’re O, of course then she got it.
I did react terribly to the vaccines (DH hardly reacted), but I’m glad I got the first three while they were still working.
We tested negative many many many many times. Were very careful about masking and social distracting until omicron were it was completely useless (the people I know who were most careful came down with it). We must be the only people in Israel who never got omicron.

etky

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 11:15 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I have never had it, three times vaxxed, not planning on getting the fourth unless there is a violent variant going around (I live in Israel and it’s offered, my elderly family members got it, and I do think it worked well enough for them to have a pretty mild case of BA2/omicron or but catch it at all despite bringing exposed).
DH (despite being double vaxxed) and those of my kids who were too young to be vaxxed got delta in August. He had symptoms so do one of our children., who lost their sense of taste for over a month.
Edited to say that I am O, a sibling who is also O says that we never got it because we’re O, of course then she got it.
I did react terribly to the vaccines (DH hardly reacted), but I’m glad I got the first three while they were still working.
We tested negative many many many many times. Were very careful about masking and social distracting until omicron were it was completely useless (the people I know who were most careful came down with it). We must be the only people in Israel who never got omicron.

That would be DH and myself.
Got it last week, no idea where.
We didn't even get it from our kids who had Omicron in January/February, probably because we were so careful in the house too.
Literally almost everyone I know who hadn't gotten it until now has gotten it this past month.
We actually did get a fourth vaccine about 10 days before we got sick.
I was very much opposed to getting another dose ever since it came out. but seeing how sick some of my contemporaries recently got with this supposedly 'mild' variant (maybe because the effect of the third booster is waning...) and, conversely, seeing how mild most of the people over 60 who had gotten the 4th dose had it, convinced DH and me (after tremendous deliberation..) to go for the 4th dose.
The straw that broke the camel's back was when someone on my block lost a sibling almost exactly my age (healthy and 3 times vaxed) to Omicron.
DH is 59 and I am 55 so we are not yet over 60 - the recommended age for the 4th dose - but we're not so far from it either...
B"h we had extremely mild cases and we were able to come out of quarantine after only 5 days.
We're hoping there will be no serious lasting effects.
I still think we haven't heard the last word from this virus.

ETA - if it matters to anyone, DH is blood type O- and I am A+

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 20 2022, 5:58 pm
etky wrote:
That would be DH and myself.
Got it last week, no idea where.
We didn't even get it from our kids who had Omicron in January/February, probably because we were so careful in the house too.
Literally almost everyone I know who hadn't gotten it until now has gotten it this past month.
We actually did get a fourth vaccine about 10 days before we got sick.
I was very much opposed to getting another dose ever since it came out. but seeing how sick some of my contemporaries recently got with this supposedly 'mild' variant (maybe because the effect of the third booster is waning...) and, conversely, seeing how mild most of the people over 60 who had gotten the 4th dose had it, convinced DH and me (after tremendous deliberation..) to go for the 4th dose.
The straw that broke the camel's back was when someone on my block lost a sibling almost exactly my age (healthy and 3 times vaxed) to Omicron.
DH is 59 and I am 55 so we are not yet over 60 - the recommended age for the 4th dose - but we're not so far from it either...
B"h we had extremely mild cases and we were able to come out of quarantine after only 5 days.
We're hoping there will be no serious lasting effects.
I still think we haven't heard the last word from this virus.

ETA - if it matters to anyone, DH is blood type O- and I am A+

Thank you for this. I'm booked to get a fourth dose in a couple of weeks and appreciate the information.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics