Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Do you like going to hotel for pesach ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 10:17 am
I just went for half of pesach and while I'm not complaining and don't jump on me please not to complain , I think its more hyped up than it actually is. There's so much people it's hard to get the food and cant get into the activities sometimes because they didnt make enough...your thoughts please .

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 10:28 am
I didn’t go this year but I loved it all the years I went. Sometimes it’s not a great place like not enough food or room. But all the ones I went to I researched heavily and didn’t have that experience. Although we had to wait on long lines at local attractions at home so it equals out.

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 10:31 am
Yes the years we decided to go we loved it. Depends upon the program.
We love the years we went and Pesach the years we stayed home etc.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 10:36 am
I think everything has its plusses and minuses. Nothing is perfect. Staying home is a lot of work and going away can be expensive. You have to pick which you prefer and know there will be some disappointments.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 11:18 am
Went away since I was a child. Home only very recently. Love being home. Children miss the hotel.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 11:38 am
OP im assuming it really depends on the program.

I went years ago, for a couple of years, to Smilow's pesach program and OMG was it a blast...
I mean delicious delicious food, tons of it, no issues at all with too many people or crowding.
Wonderful programs, entertainment, amazing shiurim and lectures, a spectacular tearoom with an abundance of everything, trips...beautiful friendly atmosphere, genuinely nice people, the sedarim and yomtov seudahs were so nice and uplifting..

I have the very best memories of those years

justforfun87

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 12:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just went for half of pesach and while I'm not complaining and don't jump on me please not to complain , I think its more hyped up than it actually is. There's so much people it's hard to get the food and cant get into the activities sometimes because they didnt make enough...your thoughts please .

How can you spend all that money and not complain? I would be outraged!

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Apr 21 2022, 12:45 pm
Love it. BH it’s what I’ve done since I was a young teenager (so for Almost 30 years) I just love it. We’ve been home or in villas since covid and I miss the hotels. We go to hotels in all sorts of interesting locations and I miss the touring. It’s our biggest vacation of the year. I love not cleaning, not cleaning cooking and not food shopping. A well run program
Won’t have the above issues, which is not to say that I’ve never been at a program
Like that, but we try to choose locations that are different so the food is only part of the appeal, not all
Of it

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 3:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm not a fan of prsach programs because I prefer to be home.

However, the downsides you're describing sound like the description of not well run program, which may explain why you did not like it. Or perhaps it was a budget priced program? Not sure about those.

Try again at a well regarded program and those problems should disappear.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 6:42 pm
Been going to hotels for 15 years and enjoy it
Its hard with little kids. But great for children. I dont have any issues with it. Yes there are pros and cons but me thinking about doing all the work just makes me overlook the small things

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 7:14 pm
Went away my entire life till I got married to very high end programs and I LOVE being home u couldn’t pay me to go away again !! Being home is priceless!

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 8:06 pm
I’ve been to enough hotels to know that I am absolutely not jealous of anyone who goes. No place like home for YT IMO.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 8:21 pm
Went away for the first time this year. Came back 5 pounds heavier. Really did not need all that food, but since it was in front of me.... could not resist. It was great for the grandkids, they had a blast. For me, not so much... but didn't want to be home alone.

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 10:33 pm
This is our family’s first vacation since covid. Its one of the few times per year when my non-religious child comes home and we can be together as a family. We went to an international program and had a blast! I think next Pesach, we will stay closer to home or stick with Israel like we started pre-covid. I forgot how much I dislike long haul traveling.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 24 2022, 11:39 pm
I’m not a fan and neither is DH. We go due to complicated family dynamics that don’t leave us with another choice, and it ends up being relaxing and the kids have fun. But I love being home or with family at their homes.

The year we did a house in Orlando was actually really nice too, had some advantages of a hotel but also more homey.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics