Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Dekal
  Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14  Next

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:34 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
There's a reason why I personally don't trust sales people for expensive items. Example: buying a new electrical appliance. I trust the handyman with many years of experience and I ask what brand he personally would buy for his mother.

True, but it’s super important to ask balabustas as well.
A handy man will tell you what breaks less etc, but not what performs best.
I learned the hard way.
My dishwasher never breaks, but doesn’t clean the best.

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:39 am
It also may be specific to color bec many ppl are saying they loved the product. It worked well. And they would buy again and enjoyed all yom tov.

Were those ppl also robbed?

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:40 am
I don't think their story is like swaddlebee at all.

Swaddlebee had agmas nefesh but they didn't cause anyone agmas nefesh.

People who are scrubbing counters for hours and hours on a busy day like yesterday and today have a right to be angry. People who are paying tons of money for hired help to scrub it have a right to be angry.
People who's counters are ruined forever because of scrubbing too hard have a right to be angry.

Dekel has agreed that they did not test the product correctly. This was not a manufacturer issue.

They have not taken any responsibility yet expect people to feel bad for them.

If they would apologize sincerely and not just belated PR I would feel bad for them.

Their initial reaction says everything about them that you need to know.

They shouldn't be spreading pity stories from swaddlebee. They shouldn't be posting how people loved the product. They shouldn't be subtly blaming people for putting hot items on the counter, when A- they had claimed that was fine and B- many people did not put any hot things on the counter.

They should be posting how very sorry they are. They should be apologizing and offering refunds. Whatever it takes to make this right.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:51 am
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
It also may be specific to color bec many ppl are saying they loved the product. It worked well. And they would buy again and enjoyed all yom tov.

Were those ppl also robbed?

I think people said that the black and gold did not leave residue.
I've also seen people apologizing for leaving rude comments and saying that they have deleted their comments.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:07 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:

People who are scrubbing counters for hours and hours on a busy day like yesterday and today have a right to be angry. People who are paying tons of money for hired help to scrub it have a right to be angry.
People who's counters are ruined forever because of scrubbing too hard have a right to be angry.

Dekel has agreed that they did not test the product correctly. This was not a manufacturer issue.

They have not taken any responsibility yet expect people to feel bad for them.

If they would apologize sincerely and not just belated PR I would feel bad for them.

Their initial reaction says everything about them that you need to know.

They shouldn't be spreading pity stories from swaddlebee. They shouldn't be posting how people loved the product.

They should be posting how very sorry they are. They should be apologizing and offering refunds. Whatever it takes to make this right.

Yes yes and yes again!

momaholic

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:25 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
I've also seen people apologizing for leaving rude comments and saying that they have deleted their comments.

I used black and gold and had terrible residue. Hours to remove.

Zehava

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:40 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:

Swaddlebee seems to be a really convincing influencer. And the way social media works is that all follow where the wind blows. It’s all about publicity. Tag your it. Etc. pathetic but I do see companies making money off that sort of marketing.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:40 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:

If a snap came off when a baby was using the product, the fear of choking is certainly agmas nefesh. Perhaps not on the level of the annoyance of a sticky counter, but a nervous mother having nightmares about her baby might argue that hers is worse.

I do think it's important to remember that even if this was a careless or stupid mistake, it was a mistake. Not a deliberate attempt to cheat or frustrate customers.

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:41 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Night falls, the end of a long and tiring holiday, the pessach mess is all around waiting to be tackled when
They tried to remove the dekal from their own counters and were faced with the horror staring into their face. .
They didn't have to wait for any calls/emails to realise what they were dealing with at large

They used the old plastic one. They sold out of their own so quickly and forgot to save some for themselves (thankfully).

gamanit

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:55 am
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
I got a refund from the company. My counters are still thick with residue. It will take a long time to go back to normal.

I feel bad for the business owners. But the only reason people spent so much money for this product was that they promised no residue.

I spent alot of money on all different cleaning products and hours upon hours scrubbing. So yes, a refund is the proper thing to do.

I hope they recover their investments, learn from their mistakes and are successful in the future.

I see no one posted this yet so just sharing in case anyone is still struggling to get the residue off. I personally didn't use this product so I'm not sure it works on this one but I've used it on other glue residues with amazing results. Heads up- this sounds way more complicated than it is.

Step 1) Sprinkle baking soda liberally over the residue.
Step 2) Pour olive oil onto the surface.
Step 3) Use a sponge to rub the surface gently until the sponge glides smoothly.
Step 4) Wipe off with a paper towel.
Step 5) Use soap water to remove the rest of the oil.

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 12:00 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
If a snap came off when a baby was using the product, the fear of choking is certainly agmas nefesh. Perhaps not on the level of the annoyance of a sticky counter, but a nervous mother having nightmares about her baby might argue that hers is worse.

I do think it's important to remember that even if this was a careless or stupid mistake, it was a mistake. Not a deliberate attempt to cheat or frustrate customers.

Lemaseh no one choked and they recalled the product before anything dangerous happened.
Nervous mothers just removed the snaps or returned the product if they chose.
Swaddlebee also apologized profusely and sincerely.
That is where the biggest difference is.

It's not just about the product. It's about their response.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 1:59 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I learned the hard way.

Oh the balabustas! Smile They are the most reliable for sure.
I always do extensive research (time consuming) when I want to buy household appliances.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:47 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I learned the hard way.

The handyman needs to have business. He thrives on appliances that break. He will never give you honest advice. A reputable brand that never breaks down is definitely not something he would recommend. He would be ruining it for himself.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 3:42 pm
Ruchi wrote:
The handyman needs to have business. He thrives on appliances that break. He will never give you honest advice. A reputable brand that never breaks down is definitely not something he would recommend. He would be ruining it for himself.

The handymen I've met are employees. But you got a good point.
I spend a lot of time making research before I buy something expensive.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 4:07 pm
Ruchi wrote:

Sorry but I just have to say that this is shocking to read. My husband was an appliance repairman for years and is as honest as they come. He would NEVER recommend a bad appliance just to increase his business- that’s just ridiculous. That’s like saying a sheitel macher will sell bad quality sheitels so u come back sooner for a new one. Who does that? Not only is it dishonest but it would just make them look bad in the long run anyways.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 4:13 pm
Ruchi wrote:

I'm really blessed to know honest appliance repair men who give honest advice and recommend products that have good reputations.

I'm surprised at your negativity in this thread, to be honest. You seem to think everyone is out to get you (overcharging, dishonest recommendations, etc....)

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 4:50 pm
if my life was a mini series books, my personal Dekal experience could be called "די פוילקייט האט געראטעוועט". lol. We were too lazy to take the backing off the contact paper, so we just stuck the edges down and left the backing on the rest and secured it with scotch tape. So we hardly have any residue.... lol

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 5:02 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Sorry but I just have to say that this is shocking to read. My husband was an appliance repairman for years and is as honest as they come. He would NEVER recommend a bad appliance just to increase his business- that’s just ridiculous. That’s like saying a sheitel macher will sell bad quality sheitels so u come back sooner for a new one. Who does that? Not only is it dishonest but it would just make them look bad in the long run anyways.

I apologise for this. This was not intended c'v to be against frum honest ppl.
Where I live it's only non Jewish handymen who repair appliances.
Before posting my message, I should have taken that into account. I am sorry.

cupcake123

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 5:24 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
if my life was a mini series books, my personal Dekal experience could be called "די פוילקייט האט געראטעוועט". lol. We were too lazy to take the backing off the contact paper, so we just stuck the edges down and left the backing on the rest and secured it with scotch tape. So we hardly have any residue.... lol

Laughing out loud😂

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 5:25 pm
Ruchi wrote:
I apologise for this. This was not intended c'v to be against frum honest ppl.
Where I live it's only non Jewish handymen who repair appliances.
Before posting my message, I should have taken that into account. I am sorry.

Non frum doesn’t exactly equal fraudster. I’m sorry but your example is terrible either way.
Page 13 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics