Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Dekal
  Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 8:30 pm
Ruchi wrote:
I apologise for this. This was not intended c'v to be against frum honest ppl.
Where I live it's only non Jewish handymen who repair appliances.
Before posting my message, I should have taken that into account. I am sorry.

Either way it isn’t good business sense.
His customers will stop using him if he keeps recommending faulty products.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 8:46 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Non frum doesn’t exactly equal fraudster. I’m sorry but your example is terrible either way.

Slategray husband happens to be both frum and honest. I was responding to her in a personal capacity.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 8:50 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
Either way it isn’t good business sense.
His customers will stop using him if he keeps recommending faulty products.

I and others I know personally experienced this. The recommendations are not for faulty products, but for appliances that end up needing more attention (after the statutory guarantee is over) during their lifetime.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 9:44 pm
Boy am I happy I listened to dh . I was in the supermarket making my pesach order when I called him to ask if I should buy this product. I'm no longer on Instagram so I had no idea that anyone was promoting it. I checked the price and it was around $35 and he said it's too expensive I shouldn't buy it.
And I have old cheap counters but I still would not be happy to be dealing with what many of you are dealing with .

Ruchi

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:17 pm
https://www.jta.org/2022/04/27.....y/amp

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:20 pm
Ruchi wrote:
https://www.jta.org/2022/04/27/ny/a-company-thought-it-had-a-winning-passover-product-then-things-got-sticky/amp

From the article:

Screenshots of WhatsApp messages obtained by the New York Jewish Week showed that Kosher Dekal used a factory in China that admitted to “a mistake from a production line worker.”

The source affiliated with Kosher Dekal would not reveal the name of the Chinese factory.

“We are so sorry about the trouble we brought you,” the message from the Chinese factory said. “The quality assurance didn’t control it well.”

In another message, the factory in China said that it can only compensate Kosher Dekal with $10,000.

“We truly hope it is helpful for you,” the message said. “I know you met a great loss and a big problem on your brand indeed.”

Ouch.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:40 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
From the article:

Screenshots of WhatsApp messages obtained by the New York Jewish Week showed that Kosher Dekal used a factory in China that admitted to “a mistake from a production line worker.”

The source affiliated with Kosher Dekal would not reveal the name of the Chinese factory.

“We are so sorry about the trouble we brought you,” the message from the Chinese factory said. “The quality assurance didn’t control it well.”

In another message, the factory in China said that it can only compensate Kosher Dekal with $10,000.

“We truly hope it is helpful for you,” the message said. “I know you met a great loss and a big problem on your brand indeed.”

Ouch.

I was wondering if some were good snd some not bec the formula changed at some point without them knowing. So like bath 1 and 2 that were tested were good. And batch 3 was defective.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:42 pm
such agmas nefesh...

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:46 pm
So sad to think about how much money they lost. As per the article, they refunded over $100,000 so far. And invested $150,000 into advertising. That's a massive, massive, loss. Sad

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:49 pm
Ruchi wrote:
The final product needs to be checked too before its put out for consumers. This is normal business practice.
It appears that The company got carried away with getting influencers promoting and marketing this product, instead of actually running a full scale two week test, to ensure the product meets the required standard.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:50 pm
China again
Ugh

Businesses do check their product from manufacturer both for quantity and quality.
What a mess - literally

mommy100

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 7:11 pm
Did anyone get refunded I didn’t even though my counters are still sticky.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 7:20 pm
mommy100 wrote:
Did anyone get refunded I didn’t even though my counters are still sticky.

Did you purchase from them directly?

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 7:24 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
From the article:

Ouch.

Seems like a super calculated PR move to me, sorry for being a cynic. That being said I wish them well and hope they learnt their lesson.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 7:46 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
Seems like a super calculated PR move to me, sorry for being a cynic. That being said I wish them well and hope they learnt their lesson.

You seriously believe that they deliberately sold a product that they never tested, knowing that it would likely fail and understanding that this level of backlash would be likely or inevitable? I think a manufacturer is far more plausible.

My guess is that they tested a sample, were satisfied (others have mentioned that similar products performed well), and ordered a huge amount with very good marketing. The actual shipment may have come too close to Pesach for them to redo all testing, or they may not have realized that they need to retest if they already signed off on the sample and it looked fine on receipt.
Page 14 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14 Recent Topics