Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Lubavitch seminary

supermom

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 3:06 am
My sister was suppose to go to lod but it is closing down next year. Is there any other ones that are good? She doesn't want to go to kfar chabad or tzfas.

amother

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 3:15 am
Machon Shoshanat Yerusholayim in Ramot Shlomo is amazing. My daughter is currently there and I have only praise for it in every way, they take excellent care of the girls ruchniyus and gashmiyus. Great lessons, lots of inspiring farbrengens, exciting trips etc etc

TzenaRena

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 4:26 am
There is also a seminary in Montreal, in Florida, in Australia. There are two seminaries in Tzfas. There is one in Milan, Italy.

de_goldy

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 10:36 am
there are two in yerushalaim now, also.

amother

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 12:20 pm
if she was going to lod.I would suggest kiryat malachi (nachlat chabad)
ramat shlomo is amazing the competition is tops.I wouldn't suggest tsfas at all for her(based on that she was considering lod).the other sem in jerusalem in givat shaul is a possibility.
if she is interested in shluchus and doesn't mind staying in america I would suggest florida.its a teaching seminary/hands on training at all different types of frum schools not just lubavitch so they get an idea of all types of situations.they help with the people in the community,mivtzoim.one on one learning w/the ladies in the community.there are some ladies on this forum who attended florida so they may jump in w/an opinion
LOL
I just thought about the sem run by esther pikarski,its pretty new

amother

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 12:44 pm
I went to MSY and loved it, but it's hard to get in.

de_goldy

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 1:39 pm
Not sure if its still open, but there was an excellent seminary in Porto Alegre, Brazil for a few years. It might still be open, I'm not sure.

Then again, if she was planning on lod, the learning in brazil might be too intense for her.

ohbaby!

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 9:11 pm
The one in Porto Alegre is not open anymore

shmeichel

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 4:59 am
the one in kiryat melachi is also not open anymore and kfar chabad is not opening next year either. I would suggest MSY of if your daughter is more chilled then MMY (the new yeru)

amother

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 8:29 pm
My dd attends the sem in florida and I have nothing but the best to say about it. They take excellent care of the girls, the hands on as well as classroom education and experiances are second to none. The dorm mother is the most devoted person you will ever meet. She has 11 of her own children but is always doing for the sem students, driving, talking , shopping or just listening to them, the girls LOVE her! The girls truly feel a close bond, real ahavas yisroel, it is so evedent in the pix I see from my dd. Chani Lebovics, the principal, is a very special person who has real insight into these girls and knows how to give direction to them with out them feeling "directed" if you know what I mean. That being said you will also never find a Sem that provides for the girls B'Gashmius the way Florida does. I highly recommend it.

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 6:53 am
I agree w/amother above!!!

supermom

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 5:06 am
Thanks. Florida is her hometown now. Don't get me wrong she loves florida but she want to learn in israel next year.

supermom

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 5:09 am
amother wrote:
Machon Shoshanat Yerusholayim in Ramot Shlomo is amazing. My daughter is currently there and I have only praise for it in every way, they take excellent care of the girls ruchniyus and gashmiyus. Great lessons, lots of inspiring farbrengens, exciting trips etc etc

Do you have a number that I can contact?

TzenaRena

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 10:44 am
Did anyone mention Rosenfeld's seminary in Tzfas? I see she doesn't want to go to Tzfas, but it's a different style than Chitrik's, maybe less intense, but still exciting. Girls are very happy there, and they get experience working with/ teaching the girls from Machon Alte. I heard they run a good program.

Akeres Habayis

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 11:43 am
rosenfeld's seminary is good,but I dont think its for her,based on her 1st choice.

amother

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 12:36 pm
Shmeichel, Who runs the new one in Yerushalayim, MMY- never heard of it...

shmeichel

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 12:39 pm
It's called Machon Morasha yerushalyaim its run by chanie sudry but its also know as rabbi gurevitchs sem... he owns it...

its brand new-its in the second year now. I think its more of a similar crowd to lod...

amother

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 1:33 pm
New Yeru is not re opening next year.

shmeichel

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 4:18 am
youre sure its not opening? that makese lod, kfar chabad, and MMY not opening... WHERE ARE ALL THE GIRLS GOING TO GO????!!!Sad

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:04 am
Boy I am having a hard time. Just called machon shoshana and they are full for next year. Maybe neve yerushalayim might have something. Confused Anyone went there or knows of someone there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions