Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Esther
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 9:50 pm
Please help me like the name Esther more with some nice ideas/meaning behind the name. And any recommendations for names to add in front of esther? Thanks!

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 9:52 pm
I didn't love the name either and had to use it. But my dd Esther is bh the most amazing well mannered child who has so much chein.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please help me like the name Esther more with some nice ideas/meaning behind the name. Thanks!
she was a Jewish heroine who saved the nation with her sacrifice. she merited to have a book named after her. was a tzadekes.

happytobemom

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:15 pm
It's a beautiful name!
It means hidden, which was exemplified by Esther Hamalka's tznius. Esther was a true tzadeikes. Beautiful, kind, full of chein, moser nefesh for her people, listened unconditionally to Mordechai, the epitome of tznius.

If you have to add a name (or really want to), here are some nice combos I've heard:

Chaya Esther
Chana Esther
Esther Miriam
Esther Leah
Esther Rivka

I love Esther itself, but you can always shorten it to Esti if you want.

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:19 pm
Esther Malka

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:24 pm
Esther is a beautiful name!!!!!!

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:31 pm
To each their own...

I’m very picky about names and I think Esther is a stunning name!!

Also goes well just as is for an English name, so that’s a plus

WhatFor

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 10:40 pm
I feel you in that to me it's kind of a more common name. That said, I think it has a beautiful sound (no weird pronunciation issues, the letters are soft sounding and pleasant) and you can also use Esti which to me sounds even prettier. Plus, every Esti I've known has had a certain delicate beauty and charm so I have very positive associations with it.

And obviously Esther was a beautiful strong woman who saved our nation. The Esthers I knew growing up were very proud to share that name when we learned the purim story in school.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:42 am
Rabbi Y. Y. Jacobson has an amazing shiur about Esther Hamalka. My daughter's middle name is Esther and I love it, especially after hearing that shiur.
https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....79600

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 8:45 am
It's a beautiful name don't add to it or shorten it. And all the Esthers I know are beautiful!

amother
Daphne

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:31 am
It's a beautiful name! My daughter is Esther. Very classy name, easy in English and Hebrew. No nickname needed.
It's like Esther haMalka, a queen and heroine who saved the Jewish people!

It's funny, because I'm very picky with names and I love the name Esther.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:12 am
I have an esther bracha- hidden blessing. I like that it can also be an english name.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:46 pm
My daughter is esther malka . Obsessed with the name

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:13 pm
My daughter is Esther, birthday is tanis Esther . I love the name so much. Its soft and sounds beautiful. works in Jewish and non Jewish settings.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:16 pm
Thats my name and love it ! I have 2 names but call esti

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:17 pm
I never really liked the name Esther. However, when I had a girl, that was really the only family name left. We had decided to call her Esti, which was more acceptable to me.

Then, when I was holding her in the hospital right before my husband was going to go to shul to name her, I told him, "No, she's an Esther. She just feels like an Esther." (Not that it was relevant to her actually naming her, but it felt important.)

So she's Esther - and now I love the name! My outgoing, bubbly, hilarious, sweet 3-year-old is very much an Esther, not an Esti.

Tof Umachol

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:18 pm
Batsheva Esther

Esther Hadassah
or
Hadassah Esther

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:21 pm
We have an Esther Hadassah (born on Purim)... I was planning on calling her Hadassah but somehow Esther caught on and I became so in love with the name. It's pretty, elegant, timeless, easy to pronounce... only downside is that it's common. Everyone I know seems to have an Esther in the family. But that's probably because it's such a nice name :-)

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 5:31 pm
I love the name!

My Esther is named after my lovely grandmother, and at the beginning of my pregnancy with my boys before her, I was talking to Esther in my belly, thinking they were girls lol!

Esther LOVES to play hide and seek. Sometimes she’ll hide under the throw blanket on the couch and when DH comes home from shul Friday night he asks “where’s Esther?” And I pretend that I don’t know and say “hmmm maybe she went upstairs?” And then Esther will pop out from under the blanket and giggle “I’M HERE!!!! I was Esther-ing” since she knows that the shoresh of her name means hiding!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 6:47 pm
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
We have an Esther Hadassah (born on Purim)... I was planning on calling her Hadassah but somehow Esther caught on and I became so in love with the name. It's pretty, elegant, timeless, easy to pronounce... only downside is that it's common. Everyone I know seems to have an Esther in the family. But that's probably because it's such a nice name :-)

Every time I'm out or in a store and I hear the name esti I turn around!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names