Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3  4 38  39  40  Next

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 12:31 am
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
I’m not surprised she videoed it though.
When your spouse gets drunk and high nightly, and acts violently, the smart thing to do is to video it.
It does not mean that she had ill intentions at the time.
(Yes, banging things and throwing things is violence.)

He seems sharp enough to know how to turn this around on her and make her look stupid.
Even if she has bpd it doesn’t mean that she was behaving worse in the situation.

They both seem to have issues.

I wouldn’t be so quick to put the blame solely on her.

I think their therapist suggested taping their conversations

honeymoon

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 12:37 am
I’m not surprised she videoed it though.
When your spouse gets drunk and high nightly, and acts violently, the smart thing to do is to video it.
It does not mean that she had ill intentions at the time.
(Yes, banging things and throwing things is violence.)

He seems sharp enough to know how to turn this around on her and make her look stupid.
Even if she has bpd it doesn’t mean that she was behaving worse in the situation.

They both seem to have issues.

I wouldn’t be so quick to put the blame solely on her.

Only a narcissistic, very selfish spouse thinks of recording her husband while he is cutting himself, instead of being there for him and offering moral support.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:41 am
Another reason I find this all so intriguing is because their history speaks to the whole cancel culture phenomenon mob rule we have seen recently.
The social analysis aspect of it.
Dare I hope this is indeed another sign the tide is finally turning.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 12:02 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Only a narcissistic, very selfish spouse thinks of recording her husband while he is cutting himself, instead of being there for him and offering moral support.

Not when it happens so often that you are almost numb to it.
He may have denied it when sober and she may have wanted to show him what he acts like when he is high or drunk.

This is also a reason why I believe he cut his own finger.

I am wondering about the psychological evaluation.
It seems she was hired by Depp.
Is this the norm that the opposing party can demand an eval?

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 3:07 pm
As one who lived and divorced a narcissist husband I can very well point how manipulative,mean and mocking johnny is/was.

Ppl with narcissism have a charisma and know how to play it well to attract others with their way of talking and smiling.

Johnny is doing the same and no wonder he has everyone on his side.

Amber was and still is a victim of Johnny

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 3:08 pm
honeymoon wrote:

I regret not doing the same when living with a narcissist husband which I truly cared for

number

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 3:12 pm
Not when it happens so often that you are almost numb to it.
He may have denied it when sober and she may have wanted to show him what he acts like when he is high or drunk.

This is also a reason why I believe he cut his own finger.

I am wondering about the psychological evaluation.
It seems she was hired by Depp.
Is this the norm that the opposing party can demand an eval?
The evaluation was because she insisted he caused her PTSD and he said she was defaming her and she didn’t have ptsd. So the court ordered that she be evaluated. Her side wanted him evaluated as well but because he never claimed to have ptsd or anything else the request was denied.

Yes I know way too much about this case and it’s not because they’re celebrities. I just find it super interesting. I didn’t know who either of them were before this.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 3:30 pm
And so much for her public claim to donate millions to charity
Can’t say I find either one of them appealing but like when the truth is revealed

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 4:20 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
As one who lived and divorced a narcissist husband I can very well point how manipulative,mean and mocking johnny is/was.

Ppl with narcissism have a charisma and know how to play it well to attract others with their way of talking and smiling.

Johnny is doing the same and no wonder he has everyone on his side.

Amber was and still is a victim of Johnny

Yes. I am wondering why so few people see that, and are so quick to take sides.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 4:21 pm
number wrote:
The evaluation was because she insisted he caused her PTSD and he said she was defaming her and she didn’t have ptsd. So the court ordered that she be evaluated. Her side wanted him evaluated as well but because he never claimed to have ptsd or anything else the request was denied.

Yes I know way too much about this case and it’s not because they’re celebrities. I just find it super interesting. I didn’t know who either of them were before this.

Couldn't she have been evaluated by an independent party? Why be evaluated by someone who met with Depp before?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 4:44 pm

because he's a covert narcissist which makes it all the more confusing

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 6:31 pm
I watched some clips of his testimony (I know almost nothing about her or the story- just going by bits and pieces I've heard here and there )
And I literally thought to myself " he looks just like the funny, charismatic, brilliant guy that some imas on imamother have to deal with their abuse at home "

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 6:34 pm
interesting
some responses sound emotional like projection
like to look at it analytically based on the facts based on witnesses and the like
different lenses
wonder what the outcome will be

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 6:35 pm
another question: what is catmint?!

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 6:56 pm

Because he doesn't have a history of abusing people whereas she does. I think people would be more on her side if she actually admitted her faults but she just gaslights him. Like "I didn't punch you, I hit you." Or like " I didn't poop the bed, the dogs did it."
She also didn't actually write her own op-ed. It's just strange. I think his texts to Paul Betany we're disgusting. Depp and Heard sort of abused each other but she often instigated it.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:05 pm
shaqued_almond wrote:
Because he doesn't have a history of abusing people whereas she does. I think people would be more on her side if she actually admitted her faults but she just gaslights him. Like "I didn't punch you, I hit you." Or like " I didn't poop the bed, the dogs did it."
She also didn't actually write her own op-ed. It's just strange. I think his texts to Paul Betany we're disgusting. Depp and Heard sort of abused each other but she often instigated it.

right history and context carry a lot of weight
and the tapings are pretty revealing as to the gaslighting going on

chanatron1000

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:30 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
another question: what is catmint?!

A plant similar to catnip but with much more ornamental value and less attractive to cats.

Imateacher

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:30 pm
Couldn't she have been evaluated by an independent party? Why be evaluated by someone who met with Depp before?

How is an evaluation done to determine someone of being “narcissistic or having ptsd? Can’t someone lie to make up a diagnosis?

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:32 pm
Thanks chanatron!

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:16 pm
Imateacher wrote:
How is an evaluation done to determine someone of being “narcissistic or having ptsd? Can’t someone lie to make up a diagnosis?

In court they said she was lying about ptsd bec she answered yes to too many questions.

Curry flatly refuted claims Heard suffers from PTSD. “It is one of the most easily faked disorders... Most of us know what it feels like to feel anxious, and a lot of people have seen war movies and movies that depict somebody having PTSD,” she said.

Applying that to Heard, Curry was categorical. “Ms. Heard did not have PTSD,” she said. “And there were also pretty significant indications that she was grossly exaggerating symptoms of PTSD when asked about them.”

Of the core 20 symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, Curry said, Heard claimed to have had 19 of them. “That’s not typical of even somebody with the most disabling form of PTSD,” she said.
Page 3 of 40   Previous  1  2  3  4 38  39  40  Next Recent Topics