Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Depp v Heard
  Previous  1  2  3 22  23  24 38  39  40  Next

amother
Jade

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:17 am
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
They are obviously bringing one sided clips lol.
If you want a non biased video watch an entire day in court or at least an hour.
Not just extracted biased footage.

Who's extracting biased footage? (How can footage be biased anyway??)

Yes, the most recent clip posted is a 1-2 minute clip, but the previous videos are hours long livestreams, showing the whole thing. Have you even looked at them before commenting?

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:07 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Who's extracting biased footage? (How can footage be biased anyway??)

Yes, the most recent clip posted is a 1-2 minute clip, but the previous videos are hours long livestreams, showing the whole thing. Have you even looked at them before commenting?

Biased footage is footages chopped without context and footage that have voiceovers.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:12 am
Biased footage is footages chopped without context and footage that have voiceovers.

A biased person can choose short bits of footage to suit their agenda, true. The footage itself cannot be biased.

Similarly, a person reacting live is capable of having biases, but the actual live footage is just that.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:13 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
A biased person can choose short bits of footage to suit their agenda, true. The footage itself cannot be biased.

Similarly, a person reacting live is capable of having biases, but the actual live footage is just that.

Semantics. You get my point.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:29 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Heard may in fact have BPD, but that doesn't take away from the craziness of living with a covert narcissist who is also an addict.…So while they both need to take some responsibility here, Depp is no victim. Don't be fooled.

I have no clue what really happened.

But denying someone can be the victim off the cuff does a service to victims everywhere.
Anyone can be a victim.

(And there is a tremendous amount of testimony that heard took multiple drugs. Mixed them. Lost control. Didn’t know what was going on. Staff was concerned. So she is very quick to constantly label him an addict in her testimony. But honestly I don’t understand why we think she was more in control while taking drugs. Is it because he is a man?)

Can I ask how you can say with certainty Depp is a covert narcissist? Aren’t you concerned about labeling ppl with no diagnosis? Doesn’t that also hurt others?

Isn’t the fact she lies so easily and effortlessly under oath concerning? I mean she was caught in lies she herself corrected after being pressed.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:49 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

But denying someone can be the victim off the cuff does a service to victims everywhere.
Anyone can be a victim.

(And there is a tremendous amount of testimony that heard took multiple drugs. Mixed them. Lost control. Didn’t know what was going on. Staff was concerned. So she is very quick to constantly label him an addict in her testimony. But honestly I don’t understand why we think she was more in control while taking drugs. Is it because he is a man?)

Can I ask how you can say with certainty Depp is a covert narcissist? Aren’t you concerned about labeling ppl with no diagnosis? Doesn’t that also hurt others?

Isn’t the fact she lies so easily and effortlessly under oath concerning? I mean she was caught in lies she herself corrected after being pressed.

I am living with a covert narcissist for many years. No, I'm not concerned about labeling him in light of my experience.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 7:54 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

Anyone can be a victim.

I've been in a such a relationship for years and he behaves the same like my ex husband did.

Knowing the experience I had, I feel comfortable saying that he's a covert narcissist.

number

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:01 am
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Number,were you ever in an abusive relationship?

Were you ever physically, emotionally or s-xually abused?

Doesn't seem so from your posts which I find some to be very insensitive to those who truly suffered hell in their life
I find it concerning how much you are projecting yourself into this case. You are not Amber Heard.

Your ex husband didn’t settle for $7 million. You didn’t wait to receive the full $7 million and then pen an op Ed in a national paper airing your dirty laundry, directly contradicting the terms of the settlement. You didn’t pledge to donate the full $7 million to charity, keep everything apart from a few thousand, and tell the world you had already donated it. When you were caught, you didn’t blame your not donating on your ex, claiming you needed to keep the money because he’d sued you. Even though you had 13 months between receiving the full $7 million and getting sued. Even though you had been claiming all that time that the money was already donated.

These are details, by the way, that absolutely no one disputes.

So why are you acting as though you are the one sitting in the defendant’s chair, wearing Amber Heard’s face?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:06 am
I've been in a such a relationship for years and he behaves the same like my ex husband did.

Knowing the experience I had, I feel comfortable saying that he's a covert narcissist.

I’m really sorry for what you’ve been through.

Are you basing it on her testimony?
How he behaves in court? Which is an act dictated by his lawyers. They are both actors. Giving the acts of their lives.
How he behaved in their home (that we know very little about. He is a very private person).
Based on her testimony?
We have very little to go on.

What past girlfriends over the many years say?

number

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:06 am
The woman giving commentary is a former criminal attorney from California. She practiced in the same jurisdiction Heard and Depp lived most of the time. I watch her testimony because she’s able to explain how the court process works. Also because she’s the one who prosecuted many many abusers and helped victims get the justice they deserved. Many of those victims were women, by the way. She’s able to compare Heard’s behavior to that of the many many victims she worked with and was able to achieve justice for.

This attorney started out the trial entirely unbiased. But now she says Heard’s behavior is so atrocious that there’s no way she’s not the one at fault. That’s a perspective she got only after starting to watch the trial.

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:13 am
number wrote:
I find it concerning how much you are projecting yourself into this case. You are not Amber Heard.

Your ex husband didn’t settle for $7 million. You didn’t wait to receive the full $7 million and then pen an op Ed in a national paper airing your dirty laundry, directly contradicting the terms of the settlement. You didn’t pledge to donate the full $7 million to charity, keep everything apart from a few thousand, and tell the world you had already donated it. When you were caught, you didn’t blame your not donating on your ex, claiming you needed to keep the money because he’d sued you. Even though you had 13 months between receiving the full $7 million and getting sued. Even though you had been claiming all that time that the money was already donated.

So why are you acting as though you are the one sitting in the defendant’s chair, wearing Amber Heard’s face?

Ironically, I find it concerning how much your projecting yourself into this case.

You are not Johnny Depp but just a fan who is bribed by his being a charming and charismatic man

number

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:17 am
Ironically, I find it concerning how much your projecting yourself into this case.

You are not Johnny Depp but just a fan who is bribed by his being a charming and charismatic man
I never claimed to be Depp. I didn’t find your posts in support of Heard to be insensitive or arrogant. I didn’t take opposing opinions personally.

The only time I took offense is when you tried labeling me for having a different opinion from you. There is nothing wrong with me pointing out that Heard has many many issues with her testimony her behavior and her evidence.

You can air whatever opinions you’d like about the trial. You don’t get to make this personal.

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:22 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

How he behaves in court? Which is an act dictated by his lawyers. They are both actors. Giving the acts of their lives.
How he behaved in their home (that we know very little about. He is a very private person).
Based on her testimony?

THIS! I am not here to negate what you woman have gone through. It’s absolutely horrible that you were taken advantage of and treated so terribly. On the flip side, my brother was painted as a complete monster by his ex wife who has been quietly institutionalized, while telling the world that she went on an extended vacation . The lies that she spread were positively disgusting. We are grateful to Hashem and a judge that saw through her lies and granted him primary custody of their children. The process was terrible though, and it took him years to build back his name. He is now happily remarried BH and it’s beautiful to see him in a happy marriage.

I think the greatest tell here, is that his ex girlfriends are saying that they’ve never seen him be anything other than kind and gentle towards them. He can hide his narcissistic tendencies to friends, yet to a spouse or girlfriend, that wouldn’t happen.

Just my humble opinion :-). Wishing happiness and safety for all woman !

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:26 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

Based on her testimony?

That’s not true… we DO know about his personal behavior. The recordings my friends.

We repeatedly heard her saying ‘I get so upset. I lose it. I will try harder. And ‘I didn’t punch you I hit you. Ur a *….baby…sorry I didn’t punch u (👿🤮)’ and um ya. Not 1 recording had him hitting. In fact in each 1 he was shocked ‘did u just hit me’. And when he did hurt her toe when hiding in bathroom from her when she was raging he sounded really concerned and apologetic.

Whoever ignored this and says he is a victim has an ulterior motive. Or 🙃didn’t listen to The recordings played in court. I welcome you to do so. Nuf said mah friends. And again may truth win.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:30 am
number wrote:

These details may prove that she is greedy but they most certainly do not prove that she abused him.

For the record, the further the case progresses, the more convinced I am that neither party was abused. I think it was just a very toxic relationship where they brought out the worst in each other.

This is one big circus. I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually on good terms behind closed doors.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:35 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
That’s not true… we DO know about his personal behavior. The recordings my friends.

We repeatedly heard her saying ‘I get so upset. I lose it. I will try harder. And ‘I didn’t punch you I hit you. Ur a *….baby…sorry I didn’t punch u (👿🤮)’ and um ya. Not 1 recording had him hitting. In fact in each 1 he was shocked ‘did u just hit me’. And when he did hurt her toe when hiding in bathroom from her when she was raging he sounded really concerned and apologetic.

Whoever ignored this and says he is a victim has an ulterior motive. Or 🙃didn’t listen to The recordings played in court. I welcome you to do so. Nuf said mah friends. And again may truth win.

Last edited by amother on Wed, May 18 2022, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:35 am
number wrote:
The woman giving commentary is a former criminal attorney from California. She practiced in the same jurisdiction Heard and Depp lived most of the time. I watch her testimony because she’s able to explain how the court process works. Also because she’s the one who prosecuted many many abusers and helped victims get the justice they deserved. Many of those victims were women, by the way. She’s able to compare Heard’s behavior to that of the many many victims she worked with and was able to achieve justice for.

This attorney started out the trial entirely unbiased. But now she says Heard’s behavior is so atrocious that there’s no way she’s not the one at fault. That’s a perspective she got only after starting to watch the trial.

She's an attorney. Not a psychologist.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:39 am
Rubies wrote:
This is what the previous poster meant by selectively picking evidence.
For arguments sake, let's assume her claims of abuse are true but then this recording is played.

How would you view this recording in light of that? Assuming her claims are all true.

So no, there's no ulterior motive other than the knowledge that there's so much more info and evidence out there that we're not seeing or hearing.
It's the knowledge that both sides are presenting a narrative and you need to be critical and objective before deciding on who's presenting the true narrative.

I hear what you're saying but I feel like this is not so realistic to expect of people. We are people, after all. And the point of evidence is to make us lean one way or the other. We can't be totally objective because we are shaped by our own experiences, beliefs, and even biases. So as much as we try to be unbiased, ultimately, when a jury is made up of human beings, there is going to be bias involved. The only One Who can really judge without any bias is not human.

number

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:39 am
She's an attorney. Not a psychologist.
True. I didn’t realize you were looking for analysis from a psychologist. Here it is.

number

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 8:42 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
These details may prove that she is greedy but they most certainly do not prove that she abused him.

For the record, the further the case progresses, the more convinced I am that neither party was abused. I think it was just a very toxic relationship where they brought out the worst in each other.

This is one big circus. I wouldn't be surprised if they're actually on good terms behind closed doors.
Ok I’m certain they aren’t on good terms behind closed doors. Heard destroyed Depp’s career, and in the process of resurrecting it he will destroy her career.

But what you said about this being a toxic relationship is likely what the jury will conclude. Because if even 1 juror thinks the relationship was mutually toxic, no one wins anything.
Page 23 of 40   Previous  1  2  3 22  23  24 38  39  40  Next Recent Topics