Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Marc Jacobs bag on Aliexpress

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 2:11 pm
My dd wants a Marc Jacobs crossbody bag. She tells me that all of her friends are buying it on Aliexpress, but she doesnt have more info. I tried searching on their site but Im not finding anything.

Does anyone have any links?

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 2:29 pm
Alipics
Alispecials
Alifavorites

They all have insta accounts. Message them for links to what you want.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 2:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My dd wants a Marc Jacobs crossbody bag. She tells me that all of her friends are buying it on Aliexpress, but she doesnt have more info. I tried searching on their site but Im not finding anything.

Does anyone have any links?

Marc Jacobs does not sell bags through Ali Express. What you would be buying is a counterfeit product, which is illegal and stealing. Please consult your local Orthodox rabbi as to whether such theft comports with halacha.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 2:59 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Marc Jacobs does not sell bags through Ali Express. What you would be buying is a counterfeit product, which is illegal and stealing. Please consult your local Orthodox rabbi as to whether such theft comports with halacha.

Why are u telling her what to do. If she wanted to “consult her rabbi” she would. If u don’t have what she’s looking for why even comment?

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 3:13 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Why are u telling her what to do. If she wanted to “consult her rabbi” she would. If u don’t have what she’s looking for why even comment?

Would you feel the same way if she were asking about eating a ham sandwich, or driving on Shabbat? Purchasing counterfeit goods -- stealing -- is no less a halachic violation.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 3:21 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Would you feel the same way if she were asking about eating a ham sandwich, or driving on Shabbat? Purchasing counterfeit goods -- stealing -- is no less a halachic violation.

Oh please

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 4:13 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Some people may not be aware that there may even be a halachic concern here. Some may not have realized that these would be counterfeit.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 4:20 pm
This can't pass as a mark jacobs but is a copy of his design.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/.....7Crec

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 4:32 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Some people may not be aware that there may even be a halachic concern here. Some may not have realized that these would be counterfeit.

Why is it owned by a jew?

Amarante

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 4:50 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:

I am not aware that it is okay to steal from a non Jewish person.

Are you saying that stealing from any entity or any person is okay so long as it isn't owned by a Jew or the person you are stealing from is Jewish?

In my opinion, that is a very warped way of viewing morality and ethics not to mentioned Halacha

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 5:02 pm

Thank you for proving my point Smile Some people are not aware that there might be any halachic issues involved. Consider consulting your Rav to clarify.

momsrus

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:06 pm
Buying is encouraging illegal behavior, but how is it stealing?

Amarante

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 6:10 pm
momsrus wrote:

You are buying stolen intellectual property - I.e. the brand of the bag.

The same bag without a MJ logo or a Gucci logo would sell for a fraction of the price.

If someone steals a bike or a computer and I buy the stolen property I am not guilty of theft but I have no right to that property and in fact the property can be taken from me.

Actually if you purchase a counterfeit bag it can be seized at Customs. It doesn't generally happen because there are too many packages going through for each one to be individually opened so ICE generally concentrates on large importers of counterfeit items and not an individual purchaser.

Ownership of counterfeit bags is illegal in Italy and France. If one is caught wearing one it can theoretically be taken from you on the spot.

On a lighter note - the popular MJ messenger bag is basically a camera bag with the logo whic resembles a Gucci bag. Why not at least get the Gucci higher class bag since most people don't consider Marc Jacobs to be particularly luxury or high end. LOL

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 8:34 pm
Marc jacobs snapshot bags

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_APdqXP

Note to seller: color code
For Example : 8

It’s a hidden link so you won’t see the picture of the bag in the link

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 8:38 pm
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
Marc jacobs snapshot bags

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_APdqXP

Note to seller: color code
For Example : 8

It’s a hidden link so you won’t see the picture of the bag in the link

$115? There basically the same price in the department stores

Amarante

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 8:49 pm
$115? There basically the same price in the department stores

They are about $300 for the authentic.

However if you are looking for what is called a mirror image replica which actually resembles the authentic and is made from real leather and uses the same hardware the cost for a Marc Jacobs is the same as the $1000 Gucci version because the cost for the factory to make the replica is about the same.

That is why there isn’t that much of a market for the lower end “designer” bags like Karc Jacobs because the savings isn’t thst significant. Some mirror image bags will be much more than $100 but they are generally more complex. That is why I am comparing it to the equivalent Gucci version which is a similar size and not particularly complex to replicate.

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 8:52 pm

My rav told me you cannot knowingly steal from a non jew.
Are you ok with only paying for half of what you buy at Home Depot and hiding the rest in your purse?
Stealing is stealing.
I’m surprised by how many ppl simply have no problem with it. My rav said even if not 100% stealing it is still ethically wrong.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 8:52 pm
Just get this https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p.....p=nmo

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 8:53 pm
momsrus wrote:

Is a Jew allowed to knowingly by stolen goods?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 8:54 pm
Or this
https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....aw.ds
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics