Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Orthodontist lakewood

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:54 am
Hi im looking into orthodontists for my child in Lakewood. I'm seeing alot of posts about how they were happy with different dentists, but mainly focused on the office, dentist demeanor etc.
I want know who was happy with the RESULTS of the braces, like are their child's teeth perfect now?
I went to krug for a consultation and they seemed very nice but do they have good results at the end of the day?
Thanks!

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:02 pm
My dentist personally recommends dr Kornmehl over everyone. Says his process his fast. He has years of experience.
I used him for phase I. But it was so far and office is chaotic.
I used dr friedman for phase 2 and my dentist was very pleased with the results.

When speaking with local speech therapists with years of lkwd experience I’ve heard varying opinions about orthodontists and listened to who they use. Speech is very connected to teeth structure so they were pretty opinionated about results.

So id ask recommendations who are familiar with results bec it’s more then just looks. It’s also structure. Spacing. Alignment. Things many of us don’t pick up on. mainly
Dentists
Speech therapists

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 12:34 pm
I took my kids to Dr. Krug. Their dentist (Dr Jay Felsenstein) has commented about the excellent job he did on my oldest's teeth. He really corrected the issues that were treated very nicely. Her bite/smile/etc...(she had a very crowded small mouth, her front teeth overlapped, she needed a pallete expander and lots of work.)

One thing to note is the cooperation of the patient and the impact that has on treatment. My oldest was very conscientious about wearing her rubberbands, her retainers, brushing and flossing with a water pick, etc...so the excellent job Dr Krug did is B"H very evident.

My youngest is giving us a run for the money with the treatment process, "forgetting" to wear rubberbands, etc...so it's taking longer, and he's at the point of trying a different approach, since she's not so cooperative with it.

I once saw a sign in a dentist's office (and I think it applies to orthodontists too) that there's only so much a dentist can do to correct that which the patient will not do.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 1:48 pm
Dr Schwitz in Howell , appts run very on time and the office staff is super nice

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 1:54 pm
Very happy with dr krug. Using for a few kids. My oldest had such terrible teeth and they are perfect now that the braces are off.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 3:01 pm
I used Dr. Krug for one child and Dr. Friedman for another. I was happy with the results from both.

I switched to Friedman because the wait in Dr. Krug's office was too long for my patience. OTOH, sometimes it took long to get an appt with Dr. Friedman, so I'm not sure which is more annoying.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:01 pm
Bumping this up, anyone else have any more recommendations? Is kornmehl still supposed to be the best?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:04 pm
I would only see an airway informed orthodontist. Dr. Campi in Wall is supposed to be good. Traditional orthodontics will be a bandaid at best and can make existing issues worse.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:07 pm
I used Dr Elliot in Jackson, as did many of my family members. He is a perfectionist, so the process is longer. Everyone is thrilled with the results and how they've lasted.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 7:14 pm
Wondering if anyone knows which orthodontist is the best at getting united healthcare to cover?

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Bumping this up, anyone else have any more recommendations? Is kornmehl still supposed to be the best?

We're very pleased with Dr. Wang so far.
Recommended by our dentist.
I love the no wait, no traffic (he's near Costco) and the ease of communicating. I just text them whenever I need something or even to schedule and they answer pretty promptly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics