Home

Gift for individuals who saved my son's life
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 9:15 pm
Nothing can repay this, obviously. I am looking for a meaningful gift, as a small expression of hakaras hatov, for four individuals who were involved in resuscitation efforts on my precious 2 year old son during a choking incident at shul a few weeks ago.

I was thinking artwork would be nice. Maybe including a pasuk about saving a life or nishmas or even modeh ani, something like that. But, I am googling all over and really can't find anything.

I would love any suggestions for something like this or a simple way I can DIY so it looks very nice. Also appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks!

(Maybe I'll share the whole story soon
It is a miraculous example of Hashems chesed .)
Back to top

CPenzias




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 9:49 pm
Maybe a birchas habayis?
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 9:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nothing can repay this, obviously. I am looking for a meaningful gift, as a small expression of hakaras hatov, for four individuals who were involved in resuscitation efforts on my precious 2 year old son during a choking incident at shul a few weeks ago.

I was thinking artwork would be nice. Maybe including a pasuk about saving a life or nishmas or even modeh ani, something like that. But, I am googling all over and really can't find anything.

I would love any suggestions for something like this or a simple way I can DIY so it looks very nice. Also appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks!

(Maybe I'll share the whole story soon
It is a miraculous example of Hashems chesed .)


Doesn't it say somewhere.. He who saves one life saves the world... You can use that as a pasuk... Verse... Saying.. Thing... Maybe you can get it artistically put on a bookmark?
Back to top

amother




Arcticblue
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:01 pm
https://yaelivogel.com/product.....D_BwE
Back to top

amother




Dimgray
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 10:13 pm
Chasdei Hashem!

I think what they did was huge. However reducing it to an artwork/silver becher is not equal.

If I go the extra mile and “assist you in furnishing your home,” sure give me a gift. If I’m in shul and there’s a kid choking and I jump and help, A I feel tremendous fulfillment B I don’t want recognition-anyone would help if they could in such a situation.

I understand your wanting to express your appreciation. I think a homemade batch of cookies or your claim to fame candied apples, delivered in person where you personally thank them, is appropriate. That person to person emotional appreciation is priceless.

No pressure, you can invite them to his upsherin, bar mitzva and wedding.

Ki Tov Hashem!
Back to top

amother




Bronze
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:07 pm
You could make a small seudas hodaah and thank them there, perhaps with a small gift "from" your child?

Something with a photo of your child and that pasuk incorporated?
Back to top

amother




Whitewash
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:10 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
Chasdei Hashem!

I think what they did was huge. However reducing it to an artwork/silver becher is not equal.

If I go the extra mile and “assist you in furnishing your home,” sure give me a gift. If I’m in shul and there’s a kid choking and I jump and help, A I feel tremendous fulfillment B I don’t want recognition-anyone would help if they could in such a situation.

I understand your wanting to express your appreciation. I think a homemade batch of cookies or your claim to fame candied apples, delivered in person where you personally thank them, is appropriate. That person to person emotional appreciation is priceless.

No pressure, you can invite them to his upsherin, bar mitzva and wedding.

Ki Tov Hashem!

Agree
Send something for shabbos, chocolates, fruit, dessert, flowers, with a nice note.
More is really overdoing it.
Speaking as daughter of hatzola member who literally saved countless lives over the years.
However, when a DOCTOR went above and beyond by choice (not adrenaline rush) to help my child who was hospitalized for a week in critical condition we did buy a beautiful art plaque with a tefilla lrofai...
Back to top

jewishmommy1




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:10 pm
Would a donation to Hatzolah in their zchus feel like an appropriate type of recognition?
Back to top

amother




Seablue
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:19 pm
I know someone who sent a nice meatboard to a hatzalah member who saved their child when they turned blue and stopped breathing.
Back to top

amother




NeonPurple
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:48 pm
I think a beautiful handwritten note with something personal, like homemade food or a photo, is enough. I also like the idea someone mentioned of inviting them to future simchos of this child.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 11:59 pm
Thanks for sharing ideas and thoughts so far! I'm out of town, and there is no hatzalah here.
Back to top

amother




Red
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 1:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for sharing ideas and thoughts so far! I'm out of town, and there is no hatzalah here.


I'm sure you can come up with SOMEWHERE for an appropriate donation!
Back to top

amother




Ruby
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 1:21 am
My husband bought a nice bottle of whiskey for the hatzolah guy that saved our sons life. You could also send a good wine for shabbos.
Back to top

amother




Bronze
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 1:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for sharing ideas and thoughts so far! I'm out of town, and there is no hatzalah here.


Maybe someone should start one....now THERE'S a project for you! LOL
Back to top

amother




Chocolate
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 5:27 am
As a lifeguard I saved a young girls life (more than 15 years ago). Her mother used to bring her to me every year or so and say remember __________ , she is the one who saved you . Her quick thinking kept you from from drowning. It really meant a lot , especially as a teenager who was traumatized by the rescue and what almost went wrong (the girl was under for close to a minute and was not breathing when I rescued her ) to keep hearing that I did the right thing and it wasn't my fault (the mom was the one who should have been closer to her non swimming daughter and watching her more carefully). Long story but after I rescued her , I screamed for someone to call 911 ( I was the only guard in the area ) , they ran to the lifeguarding office and the phones were down. By the time I got backup (15 minutes later!, BH the girl was starting to breathe again) .
We keep up sporadically to this day . I also use her story when I train new lifeguards and explain why a rule such as the 10/25 rule is so important (if a child can't swim 25 feet, she needs to be within 10 feet of a adult at all times ) and also why someone should never lifeguard alone unless their is another adult nearby who can provide support in an emergency .
Back to top

justforfun87




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 9:29 am
One year I found a 20 month old baby wandering in the middle of the street who had left a poorly supervised backyard camp. I can't imagine anyone wouldn't stop I just happen to be at the right place at the right time. The mom sent me home made challah or maybe it was flowers with a really heartfelt note. It was very touching.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for sharing ideas and thoughts so far! I'm out of town, and there is no hatzalah here.


If you want to donate donate to the shul in their honor
Back to top

amother




Caramel
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:19 am
Agree with the note and baked goods. If for some reason you go with the pasuk/saying, there are many shops on Etsy that will calligraphy in Hebrew and frame.
Back to top

kenz




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:36 am
I really disagree with most of you. If I would’ve been involved with something like that it would be very meaningful to receive a memento that I could always look at and know where it came from. I love the Nishmas idea above.
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia
 

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:44 am
I think a beautiful judaica artwork
Add a plaque on bottom with words
"Kol hamekayem nefesh ahat, keilu mekayem Olam male" (Talmud Yerushalmí)
And add "with deep appreciation for saving --- life on -----" mr and mrs ---

Just Wanna add my family has a similar indebted story and mom sends every special occasion pictures flowers etc
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts

Related Topics Replies Last Post
[ Poll ] Teachers Gift
by amother
127 Yesterday at 11:18 pm View last post
Holiday gift for not jewish teachers
by amother
14 Yesterday at 5:44 pm View last post
Whats the trendiest Chanukah foodie gift in Brooklyn? 0 Yesterday at 3:25 pm View last post
Send a gift to family in Yerushalayim
by amother
3 Yesterday at 11:16 am View last post
4 year old son doesn’t stay dry
by amother
27 Yesterday at 2:16 am View last post