Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Parmesan cheese
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 4:11 pm
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
There’s all kinds of levels of quality is what I’m saying. You need to be an informed consumer. They may also sell organic lollipops, that doesn’t make it a nutrient dense superfood. Just a “better” option.

In an ideal world I would want my dairy to be from
A2 cows, or sheep or goats
Raw
100% unmedicated animals
100% grass fed and pastured
Small batch
Fermented using actual live strains of bacteria
Not irradiated

Not saying if it doesn’t check all these boxes you can’t eat it. Just saying what I would consider a quality nutrient dense food.

its probably not the top top but definitely not toxic and can gain health benefits and nutrition from it.
they are friesen cows but we tolerate a1
unmedicated - they are antibiotic free - what else can they be given
grass fed - their butter is yellower (has probably higher k2 content) than the herzcl brand from antwerp so I believe its grass fed, most of the year means spring and summer - I actually spoke to someone from chevington who said of course they are grass fed most of the year its much cheaper to let them graze...

what are these actual live strains of bacteria called? how are they diff to other bacteria?

egam

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 11:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I once asked if aged cheese is more nutritious and I was told its just diff in taste. so thanks for telling me that its got vit k2.

can parmesan be not properly aged? the brands yummy and haolam are properly aged? cheddar and gouda can be young but parmesan too?

No Jewish brands that I know have real Parmesan. It’s only in the name, but not even close to the real. Sometimes though you can get CY DOP Parmesan and Parmigiano Reggiano from Italy. I don’t know where you are located, but I can tell you where to find them in NY/NJ area.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 11:46 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
That is an quite an imaginative connection you made there.

If the fact that you claimed “ children from third world countries grew taller when immigrating” is correct, you are making a monumental leap in the cause for that. It could be different factors, such as they had greater access to a variety of different foods, including quantity of food items, and healthcare that they didn’t have before.

Can also be that the American milk and meat products have more growth hormones than they had in their home countries.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 3:03 pm
egam wrote:
No Jewish brands that I know have real Parmesan. It’s only in the name, but not even close to the real. Sometimes though you can get CY DOP Parmesan and Parmigiano Reggiano from Italy. I don’t know where you are located, but I can tell you where to find them in NY/NJ area.

is this the same for gouda and cheddar?

mha3484

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 3:15 pm
I bought 3 year aged Parm from the cheese guy and its amazing. I have also gotten authentic CY Parm at a local store in my area. It had the holograms on the package. Not cheap but sooooooo good.

egam

Post Fri, May 06 2022, 4:02 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I bought 3 year aged Parm from the cheese guy and its amazing. I have also gotten authentic CY Parm at a local store in my area. It had the holograms on the package. Not cheap but sooooooo good.

I also buy his CY cheeses. I don’t know how close they are to the real stuff but I like most of them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise