Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shave or not to shave / any advice

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:40 am
My once gorgeous thick hair is no longer gorgeous, I feel like it lost its texture and it doesn't look or feel like it used to . That being said, my hair constantly fulls out . Whenever getting undressed or brush my hair the entire bathroom floor becomes a whole big mess! My bedroom floor too! It isjust becoming more and more out of hands . I cannot handle it . Also it stopped growing, its been the same short length for months. Not sure if this has to do because it's falling out? Could anyone tell me what they would do if it was you ? Also what can be the issue that my hairs come out like this? Im really looking for advice seriously. ( please dont make fun I am not in the mood for funny comments) Only if you have advice for me please say it , And tell me if shaving would be odd to do ? ( I wouldn't shave clean clean. But Maybe cut off most hairs, but I dont wanna regret it later)

Anyone would know why I'm loosing my hairs ?
I'm in my low 30's if this helps

amother
Watermelon

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:42 am
Don’t shave

Go see a doctor

Chayalle

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:43 am
That sounds concerning. Have you checked with a doctor why this might be happening? You sound young, I'm in my mid 40's and don't have this. I would schedule a well-visit/checkup, make sure doctor does appropriate blood work, checks your iron, etc.....

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 10:55 am
You have to do bloodwork. Esp thyroid

amother
Winterberry

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 11:06 am
Could be hormonal. Did you have a baby recently? Happens to me by every kid and doc said it’s normal and can last up till 2 years after birth.

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 11:19 am
Rule out issues with Iron/iron absorption, vitamin d, thyroid, mineral imbalances. Try taking a biotin supplement. Maybe switch to a chemical free shampoo or better yet, one like Renpure biotin and collagen that gives your hair some nutrients.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 1:39 pm
I just shaved for this reasons. Best. Decision. Ever. I feel like a new person. Free.

Disclaimer: it has been growing…. My hair is thick, coarse and stale. I also hated the shedding.

goforit

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 2:07 pm
Did you have covid in the last year? I know someone it happened to after a few months it stopped falling out. You need blood work and a dermatologist.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 2:29 pm
I think you should ask your doctor about it to rule out any issues. Can't tell you if you'll like the feeling of shaved or not.

I'm chassidish and I shave. I love it. It feels so clean and fresh. When my hair gets too long if I didn't cut it for a few months I feel so sweaty. I hate the feeling of longer hair under a snood.
But if you've never done it , it might be a very big change. If you are married make sure you Dh is ok with it.

Maybe it would work for you to cut it shorter and shorter each time. Not completely shave down to the bottom the first time.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 2:29 pm
I would get a short haircut that looks cute. If you feel like you’d look good with an almost shaven look, go for it.
But in terms of the hair loss, you definitely should be doing blood work to find out why.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Apr 29 2022, 2:42 pm
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
I think you should ask your doctor about it to rule out any issues. Can't tell you if you'll like the feeling of shaved or not.

I'm chassidish and I shave. I love it. It feels so clean and fresh. When my hair gets too long if I didn't cut it for a few months I feel so sweaty. I hate the feeling of longer hair under a snood.
But if you've never done it , it might be a very big change. If you are married make sure you Dh is ok with it.

Maybe it would work for you to cut it shorter and shorter each time. Not completely shave down to the bottom the first time.

The bolded.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 2:51 pm
What did you end up doing ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics