Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shabbos clothes for little boys who don't like shorts

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 6:45 am
I have a six year old and a four year old who refuse to wear shorts. I could probably get the four year old to get used to it, but the six year old is definitely past the point where he would be happy like that.

The six year old also very much veers towards wanting to wear dark pants and a plain white button down shirt, which I generally accommodate and I want him to feel good with what he's wearing and be happy to be wearing his Shabbos clothes.

He also loves to feel dressed up, and would appreciate some extra touches. He was so excited to get a nice belt, or in the winter to get a sweater that he really liked.

So: thoughts on cute outfits for them? Assuming I want them somewhat matching.

In the winter I can do sweaters/vests but what is there to do for summer?

I found them some long pants in nice fabrics (summery-ish fabric, but basically dark colors with a bit of texture). They've been wearing that with their white shirts but I'm wondering if there's something else.

Six year old spotted a tie in a store which he longs for, but it looks so silly to me. Four year old would go for a bow tie, but also--doesn't go with my idea of style and six year old won't wear the same anyway.

Suspenders?

I saw summery light color vests in the store, but they all go with light color shorts--I don't think they will go for the look as a whole. (Also they have black Shabbos shoes.)

Okay.... Any thoughts?

TIA!

4g01o

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:13 am
Suspenders are cute.

Or just put on a mainly white shirt with a bit of pattern/colour to them. You can get these from next usually.
And long trousers to match.

Or you can get a cute short sleeve jumper (I don't know what you call them in America) knit tops from kidichic. Instead of putting with navy or white shorts, just buy the same colour in long trousers.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:19 am
Where I live it’s still too cold for shorts so the kids aren’t in it.
I’d give it more time until it gets way hotter and they see more kids wearing.
(I haven’t let my toddler wear shorts on Shabbos or pesach yet. Probably not until shavous).

Changing pants lengths is a sensory thing for kids too. Some of my boys hate the feel but it’s on their drawer and I know as it gets warmer and more kids wear they will too. (Short sleeves was also an adjustment)

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:42 am
My boys also don’t like to wear shorts.
They fall down at the beginning of the season, scrape their knees and then no more shorts!

I do printed mandarin color button down shirts on that age. My 8 year old wears a white shirt but with funky buttons and a print on the inside cuff and collar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics