Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
If you just eat normal...?
Previous  1  2  3

miracle

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 3:41 am
Eating normal means having 3 meals a day and 2 to 3 snacks in between.
with protein, vegetables, and healthy carbs.
Having an 80/20 balance between healthy and processed food you can reach your healthy weight! Of course, there is also exercise, drinking enough, sleeping well... so many other factors but to your question of what normal eating means that is what I do and it works.

After a difficult delivery 8 years ago where I nearly lost my life due to an emergency placenta Greta pregnancy and I had to change my diet drastically to primary feel better and healthy and secondly to lose weight. BH I am so grateful that I learned how to tune into my body and understand what was triggering it (dairy was a big one and white flour) and today feed it all food types based on what it needs... and I enjoy my cake (with spelt flour) on shabbos too - I have been maintaining this lifestyle ever since and besides going to the dentist or the gynecologist for regular check-ups I hardly go to dr because BH I feel better than ever - DM if you want to hear more.

Everyone is different and reacts differently to food, you just need to learn what works for your body

DrMom

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:12 am
I just eat a decent mix of proteins (meat included, but also lots of beans/lentils/tofu), fruits, veggies, some starch but not too much. I usually crave relatively healthy things.

I save sweets and fried stuff for when I really want it -- otherwise, I decline.

I try and keep active.

That's it.

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:33 am
Rubies wrote:
I'm surprised at how many seem to think a breakfast of cereal and milk or cookies and coffee is normal.

I eat that.

There is no normal when it comes to food. This is what works for me. If I have time I sit down with wheatabix milk and honey. Otherwise 2 cookies and a coffee or ww muffin if I make that week. I eat around 10 and eat a huge lunch at 12,1.

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 5:40 am
I want to add- this year I started intuitive eating because I was feeling bloated low energy and always tired.
I realized that although I have an aversion to denying myself treats when I eat too much sugar and carbs I don’t feel well. Feeling gross after shabbos until Monday is truly annoying. So I started adding tons of veggies and water to my daily intake and eating more balanced meals. Yes, I will have some pasta but with that a huge side of salad and maybe even some salmon. I’m able to maintain my weight but Shabbos is still a struggle for me. I’m still working on that. I know if I can make shacks ac regular day I will actually lose weight instead of maintaining. But remember- losing weight is not my goal. I just want to feel good.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:33 am
Rubies wrote:
I'm surprised at how many seem to think a breakfast of cereal and milk or cookies and coffee is normal.

Being a health nut isn't any more normal than eating all foods in moderation.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:19 am
SuperWify wrote:
I’m able to maintain my weight but Shabbos is still a struggle for me.

Sounds like your doing great! Shabbos will fall into place too soon enough.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:30 pm
I'm a healthy weight for my height and only eat to live, I can't eat too much food because I digest slowly and cant put so much food into my body. If I eat too much one day the next day I'm not hungry at all and can barely eat.

This is what I eat on a typical day

a 1/2 cup of granola with almond milk and a coffee
maybe a muffin for snack if have an appetite
a pita with cheese or eggs or peanut butter for lunch
a coffee- maybe a cookie if I have space
for supper a protien like chicken or meatballs with a salad or a veggie soup.

On days when I ate too much the day before I skip breakfast and have rice cakes with something like peanut butter or cheese for my lunch.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:34 pm
Watching rorie from full and free speak about eating has really helped me. I try to make every meal a macro meal. I don’t diet and I’m a healthy weight. In the morning I’m usually not hungry so I often skip it or just have coffee. She has great recipes for yummy filling breakfasts that keep you full.

amother
Heather

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:35 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I eat very normal
Small danish and coffee for breakfast
Hungry an hour later- oatmeal with sugar and milk
Lunch- pizza and a little salad
Supper- cheese sandwich or pasta with melted cheese
Before bed- more oatmeal or granola bar or chocolate chip muffin
😐😟😬

10 pounds overweight 😔

Your “normal” is quite carb heavy and very little protein. Try adding more protein (chicken fish meat eggs) and cutting out some carbs.

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 8:54 pm
I try to eat mindfully but definitely don’t diet.
Breakfast:I start the day with a couple cups plain hot water. Don’t know why but I love it. Then, either banana, berries, low sugar granola and almond milk & coffee. Or, two pieces of sourdough with a nut butter and sliced banana on top. Delicious!

Lunch: usually lots of greens dumped in a bowl with avocado and other vegetables. Add a protein like eggs or tuna or salmon. Always need a treat after, usually fruit, dried fruit, nuts, or healthy gf honey-sweetened cookies.

4pm snack: coffee and dark chocolate

Dinner: here’s where I need to improve. Kid’s leftovers (so an animal protein and vegetables), maybe a bowl of vegetable soup, sweet potatoes etc. ( I don’t cook enough food for me to eat. Why?! )
but because I know this wasn’t a ‘real’ dinner I eat tons of natural peanut butter (I adore it) after they’ve gone to bed. Bad habit, trying to break.

I also drink tons of herbal tea and water throughout the day and evening.

ETA: I’m 5”9, 140 lb

mra01385

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:47 pm
When do people find time to do 20 min of daily exercise?

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 9:52 pm
So tonight I tried to eat healthy.
My kids had delicious pasta with lots of cheese and a really good homemade sauce. I didn’t touch it. Instead I ate a piece of salmon, a little broccoli, a portion of string beans and a sweet potato. I was very, very full. However, it’s a few hours later and I’m craving something sweet very badly. I wish I could have some chocolate, ice cream or cake…

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 11:24 pm
I don't think my eating is normal exactly, but not very different from the others I read. I just don't really snack, I'm not much of a snacker between meals.
Breakfast: Coffee and dry cereal or power bar or homemade ww muffins etc. And usually a banana.
Lunch: a ww bagel and half or three slices ww bread with pbj. And coffee.
Supper, always different, but usually just one portion. Try to include a big salad here or steamed/roasted veggies.
Occasionally I have an apple or fruit sometime during the day, at any point.
In the evening I have a tea, sometimes with no food sometimes with a muffin or dry cereal.
I try to drink 8 cups water throughout the day, don't always succeed.
I know my eating habits can improve!!
For reference I'm 5'2" and #110.
Hope these posts help you!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise