Home

Need an affordable couch

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Finances


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 7:41 am
Please tell me about your positive experiences with a couch purchase. Also did anyone ever buy from a large store that makes couches customized to your specifications ? Help! No
Back to top

amother




DarkKhaki
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please tell me about your positive experiences with a couch purchase. Also did anyone ever buy from a large store that makes couches customized to your specifications ? Help! No


Dont know where youre located but if your anywhere next to Lakewood, Living Quarters has a number of floor samples that they need off the showroom floor and selling at a steep discount. pays to check it out I think
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:23 am
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
Dont know where youre located but if your anywhere next to Lakewood, Living Quarters has a number of floor samples that they need off the showroom floor and selling at a steep discount. pays to check it out I think
Lakewood has a living quarters? Where is it located?? I recently moved to Lakewood from Brooklyn and didn't know there's one locally.
Thanks!
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:26 am
I Googled it. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 8:28 am
From NY . Not Lakewood . Any ideas ? Willing to go to the city , Brooklyn or Long Island .
Back to top

ysydmom




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:20 am
There is a furniture gemach in brooklyn people are always giving away items. you can pm me for more info.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:42 am
Thanks for that idea. I might’ve been unclear in my op. I can afford a couch , I just need a recommendation for a store that has good reviews .
Back to top

amother




Wandflower
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:56 am
I bought one from eisenbergers.in Brooklyn
A palliser couch
Beautiful L shape microfiber ( you can do leather)
For about $2,500 if that's helpful to u
This was after looking at many big box stores
Back to top

Amarante




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 9:58 am
I can't help with a specific recommendation of a store.

I did have a couch made by a local upholsterer done to my exact specifications and I am pleased by the result. It wasn't inexpensive but the price was about what middle of the road retail would have cost (e.g. Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware) but was of the quality of Baker.

Most retail stores don't do custom. The better ones will have more choices of fabric to choose from and some lines will have what is called COM (customer's own merchandise) which means that you send your choice of fabric to the factory and they will make the couch in that fabric instead of the fabric choices they offer.

I am not sure what your definition of "affordable" is since that covers a wide range of prices from IKEA to Baker and beyond.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:02 am
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
I bought one from eisenbergers.in Brooklyn
A palliser couch
Beautiful L shape microfiber ( you can do leather)
For about $2,500 if that's helpful to u
This was after looking at many big box stores

Do you have a link for me to view the couch? Do they give choices of fabrics?
Back to top

amother




Cognac
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 10:56 am
You might want to say what length, material and budget, to get on target responses.
Back to top

SYA




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 11:06 am
Everything but the Baby sells so many types at affordable pricing. I’ve been hair with my couches from them.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 11:15 am
SYA wrote:
Everything but the Baby sells so many types at affordable pricing. I’ve been hair with my couches from them.

Where are they located ?
Back to top

amother




Crimson
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 11:17 am
I had a great experience at sanders in williamsburg. Also got palliser L shaped one in leather.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, May 01 2022, 2:02 pm
Ty! I keep hearing the name Palliser . Is this considered a good brand ?
Back to top

amother




DarkKhaki
 

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:29 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Lakewood has a living quarters? Where is it located?? I recently moved to Lakewood from Brooklyn and didn't know there's one locally.
Thanks!


Dina's by Living Quarters. 399 Cedarbridge ave
Back to top

amother




DarkKhaki
 

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 4:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From NY . Not Lakewood . Any ideas ? Willing to go to the city , Brooklyn or Long Island .


There is a living quarters in boro park too. I think LQ in general is pretty big in sofas. There are certain brands that can be made to your specifications. just visit any local furniture store that carries many sofa brands.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Finances

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Affordable housecleaner (Manhattan)
by amother
0 Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:11 pm View last post
Affordable cities—sephardi community
by amother
7 Mon, Jun 27 2022, 1:55 pm View last post
Affordable City
by amother
15 Sat, Jun 25 2022, 7:26 pm View last post
Best place to buy quality but affordable dining room chairs
by amother
1 Tue, Jun 21 2022, 8:22 pm View last post
Affordable ideas? 5 Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:34 pm View last post